Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

Reminds me when an ex Wolves player said last summer that Wolves should go for Vardy. State of some of there clubs ffs...

Aston Villa and Wolves really have an high opinion of themselves done puck all for decades hope they both get relegated.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

16 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Aston Villa and Wolves really have an high opinion of themselves done puck all for decades hope they both get relegated.

To be fair, they did finish above us last season so nothing wrong with them being ambitious. You have a point with villa though...

19 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Insane indeed, by the other side of the coin, not far off the going rate for young players down in your league though.  For example, if someone tried to come in and get Barnes I'd imagine you guys would be wanting about £20m, would that be accurate?

Barnes in the championship was comparable to Maddison the year prior, so that's at least a £25m valuation already.

Add that to the fact that he's already made the step up to the PL and looked comfortable at this level, then there's less risk of him not adapting so the fee can be a little higher.

Finally, whereas we had to prise Maddison away from a championship club (who couldn't really stop him leaving) anyone who wants to sign Barnes would have to make an offer to a wealthy prem club who don't want to lose a star academy player (and can afford to play hard ball), so again, higher value.

I'm not saying he's worth it to any other club, but if someone wanted to come in and take Barnes from us we'd be looking for an offer in the range of £"Fvck off he's not for sale" million. At this stage, an offer of £20m would be laughed at.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Insane indeed, by the other side of the coin, not far off the going rate for young players down in your league though.  For example, if someone tried to come in and get Barnes I'd imagine you guys would be wanting about £20m, would that be accurate?

It's a good comparison,Barnes had 9 goals 6 assists in 26 games  at wba 

Wilson had 16 goals and 4 assists in 42 games at  Derby.

Wilson has little experience of the prem and would find it challenging initially,as indeed Harvey has.

Liverpool won't get 25 million, no championship club could pay that and its a big chunk out 

of any clubs budget for an inexperienced player,unless it includes heavily weighted add ons.

27 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I was having a look through some other Premier League team forums and Wolves have people suggesting the signing of Sergio Ramos. Granted most say it's a ridiculous proposition, and some say they would actively turn him down.

To be fair, we've had topics discussing signing the likes of Ziyech and Robben...

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

To be fair, we've had topics discussing signing the likes of Ziyech and Robben...

I get what you're saying, but the majority of the Ziyech stuff preceded Ajax's impressive European campaign and I don't think the vast majority would now see him as a reasonable target. 

Robben is 2 years older than Ramos and in a position where age is arguably more important, plus he played less than half of what Ramos did last season. Ramos remains one of the best players in the world in his position and is arguably Real's best player, or at least one of.  I don't think the same could be said for Robben. 

It does still amaze me to see us linked and i'm still not over the fact that Cambiasso played for us when I've watched Alan Maybury and Darren Kenton play in midfield. 

29 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I was having a look through some other Premier League team forums and Wolves have people suggesting the signing of Sergio Ramos. Granted most say it's a ridiculous proposition, and some say they would actively turn him down.

Sheffield United and Norwich on the other hand have topics about Waghorn and Dwight Gayle. 

? Ramos has ask to end his contract early at Madrid, due to being offered mega bucks in China, but they cannot afford a fee as well, Madrid allegedly said no fee no move.

So unless wolves have about 20 mill to sign him, as he only has a year left on his contract, and about 500 grand a week to pay him, and even then, if he saw Birmingham, how the **** would you convince him to live in that shit hole ? 

And a bigger ? for those that would turn him down at a club their size.

We are about the same size as wolves, and even at 33 he wouldn’t look at us, but I take him definitely, but agree with those wolves fans that say it’s a ridiculous proposition, but surprised Man U after years of sniffing around him haven’t tried for him if he’s now wanting to leave.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We paid just shy of that for Maddison after a similar season at Norwich, sadly it seems to be about the going rate. A huge gamble really.

Other than goals (which were close) his stats don't compare for me. Maddison had an eye for goal but was far more creative, with double the assists, double + key passes. Maddison looked the far more complete player for me, and Wilson is a far riskier £25m investment for any team.  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

I get what you're saying, but the majority of the Ziyech stuff preceded Ajax's impressive European campaign and I don't think the vast majority would now see him as a reasonable target. 

Robben is 2 years older than Ramos and in a position where age is arguably more important, plus he played less than half of what Ramos did last season. Ramos remains one of the best players in the world in his position and is arguably Real's best player, or at least one of.  I don't think the same could be said for Robben. 

It does still amaze me to see us linked and i'm still not over the fact that Cambiasso played for us when I've watched Alan Maybury and Darren Kenton play in midfield. 

Tbh mate he has a point, all football fans who are truly passionate about their club can be delusional and fantasist to a little extent at times and there isn't a lot wrong with that.

For example, on the Celtic forum's we were chatting about Benitez, AVB and the likes as our next manager and ended up with Lennon lol!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Other than goals (which were close) his stats don't compare for me. Maddison had an eye for goal but was far more creative, with double the assists, double + key passes. Maddison looked the far more complete player for me, and Wilson is a far riskier £25m investment for any team.  

Exactly. The fee for Wilson is similar to the fee for Maddison, but much of that is for non-footballing reasons.

Maddison was at Norwich who didn't really have a hope in keeping him, so the £25m fee was down to his performance and the fact he was in demand with us, Spurs and a few others interested.

Wilson on the other hand has 4 years left on a contract at Liverpool who get to dictate what happens with the player. A chunk of the fee will be a big-club 'PL-premium' despite the fact that he has never played a minute in this league. The fact he's a full international will add a few £m as well, even if it is just Wales... :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Tbh mate he has a point, all football fans who are truly passionate about their club can be delusional and fantasist to a little extent at times and there isn't a lot wrong with that.

For example, on the Celtic forum's we were chatting about Benitez, AVB and the likes as our next manager and ended up with Lennon lol!

Yeah, maybe those two in particular weren't the best examples, but I've definitely seen comments suggesting we sign Ziyech based on his CL performances (when at this point he's clearly destined for greater things). Every club has fans with fantastical ideas, and it's easy to get caught up in the excitement of a transfer window, particularly after promotion.

We've done the exact same thing with managers, too. There were serious suggestions that we'd be getting Klopp in the summer of 2015. Ended up with some old Italian bloke instead - whatever happened to him...? ;)

Edited by Xen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiny earl said:

It's a good comparison,Barnes had 9 goals 6 assists in 26 games  at wba 

Wilson had 16 goals and 4 assists in 42 games at  Derby.

Wilson has little experience of the prem and would find it challenging initially,as indeed Harvey has.

Liverpool won't get 25 million, no championship club could pay that and its a big chunk out 

of any clubs budget for an inexperienced player,unless it includes heavily weighted add ons.

Are you kidding me? Liverpool are masters at getting huge fees for players they don't want, you only have to look at what we chucked at Danny Ward or what Bournemouth paid for Ibe and Solanke.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you kidding me? Liverpool are masters at getting huge fees for players they don't want, you only have to look at what we chucked at Danny Ward or what Bournemouth paid for Ibe and Solanke.

This.  Look at what Liverpool got for Solanke in particular who has done nothing and barely played at any sort of level.

Liverpool will get £20m comfortably for Wilson if he's to leave imo.

• Like 1

Wolves are being linked to Joao Felix and Gareth Bale, thats where they are at. They just finished 7th, got to an FA Cup semi and are in the Europa League in their 1st season. They have a coach with champions league pedigree, a rich owner, super agent enabling the Portuguese stars to sign, so they are the epitomy of an ambitious club. Villa on the other hand have delusions, but are still a massive club with the potential to challenge the top 10 too. 

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

This.  Look at what Liverpool got for Solanke in particular who has done nothing and barely played at any sort of level.

Liverpool will get £20m comfortably for Wilson if he's to leave imo.

Young English players you always pay a premium for, it's the potential and the comparitive rarity of them. Solanke has not been given a chance, he helped his country win a world cup, but Liverpool nor Chelsea would play him. Tbf he should have gone to a club where he was number 1 striker like Cardiff or the like, not a team like Bournemouth who have wilson and King. Ibe has been fairly shocking but Solanke just needs a chance to play regularly. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah, the first few rounds of the cups, hopefully.

It’s not so long ago on here Kasper was being mullered for his culpability in distribution including kicking ? fickle as fook some of yer lol

3 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

It’s not so long ago on here Kasper was being mullered for his culpability in distribution including kicking ? fickle as fook some of yer lol

That's football fans in general, i was one of em because he was useless for a period, not every football fan is docile and so understanding.

23 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Young English players you always pay a premium for, it's the potential and the comparitive rarity of them. Solanke has not been given a chance, he helped his country win a world cup, but Liverpool nor Chelsea would play him. Tbf he should have gone to a club where he was number 1 striker like Cardiff or the like, not a team like Bournemouth who have wilson and King. Ibe has been fairly shocking but Solanke just needs a chance to play regularly. 

Yeah not casting doubt on Solanke's ability the comparison was more around his inexperience versus his high fee.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Liverpool have sold one first team player in the last three years which was Coutinho for £130.5m.

In the last three years they've made £286.5m selling players so Coutinho aside that's still £156m selling their cast offs.

It's amazing how much they make selling their deadwood and I'm still utterly baffled they got us to pay £12.6m on Ward who was 25 and in his one full season in the Championship conceded 11 more goals than his goal expectation. He came here to be sub as well and Liverpool had four GK's at the time so were desperate to get rid of one or two and we were the only interested party.  

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/liverpool-fc/transfers/verein/31/plus/0?saison_id=2017&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

We got mugged, to be honest, but you never know he might still have a good future at Leicester.