Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Jovic has just signed for Real Madrid for 60m, so I expect the market to start moving at a faster rate now. Usually the first big move puts money into the system to kick start the merry go round. Hazard also to Real will probably be the next one, though if Chelsea have their transfer ban imposed it will put a stop to that.

Thought the ban only applied to players purchased. Players can still be sold? Chelsea will just have to sit on that 100mil. 

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I agree with you in the main but according to Timothy Castagne who was quoted as saying last week we bid £8m for him in January but Atalanta wanted £12m.

I remember that now. Probably because Castagne was predicted to have a much higher resale value. Interesting summer for you guys with Lennon.

Hope Lawwell opens the wallet and refreshes the club for Ten in a row.

15 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thought the ban only applied to players purchased. Players can still be sold? Chelsea will just have to sit on that 100mil. 

Yes it only applies to players sold, but point is that if Chelsea can't spend that money, then it doesn't go back into the system. If they can buy, then they might buy Coutinho, which means Barcelona buy Pogba, which means Man United buy Maguire, etc. It's all a bit of a domino effect with those big money moves.

50 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Just posted on the Lee Congerton thread about this lol

Word is they are indeed legit and were unintentionally leaked by Lee Congerton ahving left them in his rented flat after he moved out!

Even when he's gone he's still buggering up our recruitment plans lol

Oh Congerton 

Image result for homer d'oh gif

• Haha 1

So.... anyone on that leaked list that you would be happy to take here seeing as it's the same head of recruitment?

James Justin

Tommy Smith

Zanka

Perraud

Brandon Barker

Maupay

Moussett

Arribo

Harper 

Reece James

Mctominay

Obviously, we operate on a completely different level to Celtic but seeing as there are a few players on there that we've previously been linked with....

Maupay, Reece James and Mctominay would be the ones I wouldn't be disappointed to see here. 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barker was obscene for Man City's U18/U23 team a few years back, not progressed yet.

Looked half-decent the year he was on loan at Hibs up here but a lack of end product let him down.  One of the quickest players I've ever seen in the flesh though.

• Like 1

Surely there would be some sort of confidentiality clause Congerton is in breech of, and could still be punished by Celtic that would cause his immediate resignation at Leicester City (please).

• Like 2

I'm a tad concerned that so far this window we are linked with some real mediocrity in terms of targets.

The idea of maybe selling Maguire, maybe not securing Youri and ending up with Patrick Roberts et al, isn't really inspiring me right now!

Hopefully all the best many world class potential targets are sealed tightly from the media!

Vardy Costa

Maddison       YT        Robben/ Barnes

Big Bad Wilf      

Chiily    Mags      Evans    Ricardo

Kasper

Looks like top 6 to me

:beer::beer::beer:

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I'm a tad concerned that so far this window we are linked with some real mediocrity in terms of targets.

The idea of maybe selling Maguire, maybe not securing Youri and ending up with Patrick Roberts et al, isn't really inspiring me right now!

Hopefully all the best many world class potential targets are sealed tightly from the media!

Our club has been much more of a closed shop since Steve Walsh left and Macia came in, the conveyor belt of stories reduced massively.

Let's be honest, it's not in our clubs interests to make sure the fans are content because theres sufficient rumours of a certain calibre of player. 

Plenty of decent players have been linked anyway... Sarr, Bowen, Traore, Augustin it's just we are then getting linked with Ibe, Townsend, Rodriguez which muddies the waters a bit. Nobody has a fcukin clue.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

It is interesting considering the majority of journo’s claiming we are chasing some real big names. Roberts, Townsend, Rodriguez is a little underwhelming.

It is so strange. I genuinely feel a pang or pity for Yanited from reading Red Cafe.

They say Maddison is not good enough (yeah) but Joao Felix is a cert to be a top talent.

They are seriously risking living on former glories, yes their name is huge, but it will only last so long.

Does not help being the 2nd team in a single city at present.

The poor lambs.