Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Summer Targets

Guest SO1
16 minutes ago, LinekersApples said:

Andy Carroll when fit, he is very very effective at what he does.  It's what we lack.  

At 30, he's probably looking for one more payday and probably knows he's got to be second fiddle or a plan B for someone.  Are we the perfect match?

However, would you trust a man

1) with such a bad injury history

2) with a front room like this

ac.PNG

Andy Carroll. Living the Dream. :appl: After Liverpool I'm sure Rodgers will be all over this.

Guest SO1
13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are going to take an injury prone striker on a free transfer this summer I'd go for Sturridge over Carroll. In fact it would be Sturridge, Welbeck, Berahino, Carroll.

Berahino. I thought if he got away from Pulis and West Brom he'd rediscover his form. I waited and waited and waited and I actually can't figure him out.

Mental issues like Balotelli? He's an enigma for me. What happened to the guy who knocked in 20 at West Brom? West Brom. Crazy.

Guest SO1
6 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Did Rogers sell Carroll at Liverpool? Did he play under Rogers? I Can’t remember? 

Yes briefly and transferred to West Ham for 20 mil. Obviously wasn't going to work out with a possession based game.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are going to take an injury prone striker on a free transfer this summer I'd go for Sturridge over Carroll. In fact it would be Sturridge, Welbeck, Berahino, Carroll.

You could probably get both of them, short contracts. One for when the other is crocked so it works lol

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been impressed with him, set piece master but then again so is Maddison. He is a very versatile player as well, I think we need a winger, striker and 2 new central midfielders. Wilson covers a few positions and if we got him and Tielemans we could probably just get a striker and be about done.

I agree that he is very good for his age and his versatility is impressive. However, we need a more established player I believe that can just produce that spark from the first game next season. Wilson will probably in time grow into a brilliant pl player, so would not be completely against it, just seems like we have the opportunity to go for a player who is further developed who can play the same positions. Completely agree with the positions you mentioned as we really need that squad depth and obv youri 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Did Rogers sell Carroll at Liverpool? Did he play under Rogers? I Can’t remember? 

Yes, Dalglish signed Carroll and Rogers sold him.  He just doesn't like target men, he likes more mobile forwards that can press.  

I think we can just forget about signing Rondon, Mitrovic and Carroll type players.  Will never happen under Rogers.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Keita Balde available for £22-26m according to Sky Sports. I haven’t exactly followed his recent progress, worth any interest?

Not convinced he's much better than what we've got.  Actually reminds me of Nacho a little when I've seen him play :cry: