Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

6 minutes ago, thegaffa said:

Happy Rodgers is manager, but he did get the formation very wrong today. 

Barnes has been our best player the last 6 games but this formation didn’t suit him.

i do like ndidi but he has to be dropped so we can play through the middle with confidence.

Totally agree the formation was an abject failure - both their old fashioned strikers scored and we lacked the ability to overload wide areas all game long. 

But it when you concede early it totally changes the game. Watford come just sit back.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

I hope we never see that formation again,

1. Playing 3 at the back and wingbacks left us horribly short in midfield and our natural wide players were to narrow. .

2. Chilwell is a good player but he was getting into wing positions you'd rather see Maddison, Barnes or Gray.

3. Ndidi and Tielemans just weren't supported in midfield becaause the front 3 weren't able to hold the ball in an advanced areas enough. It meant Watford were able to get out and press them hard and we were overrun.

4. Getting players close to Vardy is fine but he really needs support from someone who's more of a goal threat. we had 2 very similar players round him today and it didn't offer enough.

Onwards and upwards

• Thanks 1

It's his first game in charge and we shouldn't read to much into it but Rodgers got it wrong today. I'm one of many who want to see us play 3 at the back bit to do so after 4 days training against 8th in the table Watford who are good at home....

Guest bss9401

Forget 15 mins this and that. We need to be doing the basics right for 90 mins then hoping for a bit of quality at some point in the 90 to win the game. 

We have a lot of players who believe they have a right to be on the starting 11 and when they are they’re performances leave a lot to be desired at times, we can’t really  judge Rodgers with what’s left of this season he has a squad which has a lack of confidence and who are making far too many mistakes!

Hoping Brendan can kick these buggers up the arse over the coming weeks get back to winning ways get their confidence back up and really hoping Vardy isn’t injured as we can’t afford to be without him as we haven’t really got another proven goal scorer !!

• Like 1

Kaspers passing has been poor but comments on here make it sound like an absolute howler... he hoofed it to the halfway line to one of their players but keepers halfway line kicks are usually a bit 50 50???

I have never felt so disillusioned by our Club. Mind numbingly dumb players making fecking stupid decisions costing us so many points. Another week ruined. Bring on the mighty Fulham who have amassed 2 points on the road. Nailed on away win. 

Guest ttfn

We must have the least off the ball movement in the entire division. 

People shouting for Evans, Maguire and Wes to pass the ball forward but they can’t do that if everyone in front of them is being tightly marked. 

After about the first 15 minutes, I reckon Barnes, Vardy and Maddison made about 4 off the ball runs between them. Gray, who I’ve been very critical of, at least seems to understand the need to move defenders about.

We are never going to pick apart teams until the front players and midfielders start providing options.

2 minutes ago, smr said:

Kaspers passing has been poor but comments on here make it sound like an absolute howler... he hoofed it to the halfway line to one of their players but keepers halfway line kicks are usually a bit 50 50???

He hit straight down the middle. Every goalkeeper is told if you play a 50/50 pass, aim for the touchline or angle towards. If the ball goes out, the ball is dead and if it goes inside players are not committed. 

The thing for me these are annoying stupid errors we are making when if we eradicate them, we are top ten easy

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

After getting cut open a few times against Brighton. I can maybe see why BR may have opted for the change of formation.

Dissapointed by the goals, but lets not forget the save and block from KS and Wez, few minutes in.

That being said, it was poor all over. I think the second half instructions were to take care of the ball which caused us to slow down.

Dissapointed for Gray, after having a super game previously.

Barnes is better on the left.

3 at the back with 2 training sessions is a big ask. Looking forward to some intensity and drive.

Edited by adamkhalifa

Does it really take BR 5 days to sort his toothpaste cabinet and sock drawer. A look at some video's/dvd's of recent matches would have told him that Morgan doesn't exist in the first team anymore, Kasper is Sh1t and Hamza was MoM in a couple of matches but couldn't even be given a place on the bench. I really hope this was a one off bad day at the office, otherwise the better option was to keep Puel and say 8ollocks to communication skills in English. What I've just watched is no different to what I've been watching for much of the season, but lacked quality and intensity. There is a gulf between Scottish Preniership and the English Premier division, and true to form it looks like another wasted £6M.

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

He hit straight down the middle. Every goalkeeper is told if you play a 50/50 pass, aim for the touchline or angle towards. If the ball goes out, the ball is dead and if it goes inside players are not committed

Yeah fair enough. Was a shit kick.