Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

1 minute ago, Shram said:

Vardy’s our best natural finisher if not one of the best in the league. The problem is to play to him means nullifying a lot of the other players. There work to do in how we combat that but hopefully good mobile support striker will help in the summer.

btw he’s ugly as shit but someone like Deeney wold ideal, work rate and ability was superb. Although Kasper ****ed up Deeney coming back to win that ball is something we need to work on.

Workrate all over the pitch needs to be higher as does the intensity and the pace we play at. And as for the movement off the ball!

I know what you are saying but it's a bit like saying Messi nullifies Barcelona's other players, in the sense that you surely must utilise your best player to the benefit of the team. We just have not been doing that yet he's still far and away our best attacking threat.

Just now, reynard said:

Workrate all over the pitch needs to be higher as does the intensity and the pace we play at. And as for the movement off the ball!

I know what you are saying but it's a bit like saying Messi nullifies Barcelona's other players, in the sense that you surely must utilise your best player to the benefit of the team. We just have not been doing that yet he's still far and away our best attacking threat.

STOP COMPARING VARDY TO MESSI

Kasper - sort yself out

Ricardo - can do better

Wes - seriously a free header?

Harry - Appalling

Evans - well done

Chillwell - get your head back in the game

Wilf - Meh

Madderz - you are not as good as we have told you you are

Youri - Please sign

Harvey - your young its not your fault

Vardy - i want to tell you sort it out, but then you go an spoil it by scoring more goals

Our problems are not the manager/s

1 minute ago, reynard said:

No need to shout. It isn't a direct comparison it is comparing a team's best player situation and not a comparison between the relative skills or merits of either player.

I’m sure busquets, Rackatic and Suarez are all on the Brendan’s summer shopping  list, but yeah the whole team need a Rodgering up the backside in general

Guest bss9401

At least the person on the coaching staff who told Rodgers that "Big Wes is yer man" will be getting sacked or demoted.

32 minutes ago, FIF said:

Staters of the obvious.

Surprisingly Vardy, Kasper and Morgan don't manage the club either but it seems they have far more sway over our owners than either the manger does or footballers should have.

The sooner we move away from the old snakes the better my club will do.

Vardy has stepped up and improved in the past three weeks, taking his chances clinically now (apart from the penalty). Questions still remain about the value currently of the other two, and we have viable alternatives in their positions.

54 minutes ago, MPH said:

and if he had stuck with puels formation he’d get it then as well.

damned if he does  damned if he doesn’t.

Sorry, but this is patent nonsense. No-one would have complained if, in his first game in charge, he'd started with the line-up that won its last game.

I have felt recently that some kind of positive momentum was building, largely due to the integration of Barnes and Tielemans. The football was undoubtedly better to watch, more chances being made - better finishing plus a bit of luck seemed to be the final requirement. Cue Tuesday night.

Today seemed like a reversion to mid-January. It's Rodgers first game, so not going to read anything into it, other than he clearly needs a wheelbarrow for his bollocks.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Crispin LA said:

I said it before guys one positive is that Brendon has never won in any of his 1st starts managing English clubs, so it wasn't meant to be today. Destiny had us not to win today.

Also it gives him a good idea where are failing are. 

Destiny eh? Here was me thinking it was our clown shoes players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get  rid of the lot of them!

Sack the manager!!

Oust the board!!!

Sell the ground and build a supermarket!!!!

IT'S ONE GAME INTO A NEW REGIME FFS. and a tough one at that. Watford away was never an easy fixture.  Yes we made a few mistakes, yes there are areas that we need to work on.

We all bought into the hype the new messiah was here we were going to win every game do the treble next year hooray hooray.

I am as disappointed as the next but I did think we actually did OK today apart from a few things which can be worked on. 

Let's see what happens between now and the end of the season, experiment where we can,see what and who works and not then judge and use the summer to strengthen where needed.

In the meantime let's not all wet our pants with false excitement or throw ourselves under the nearest bus in despair. Let's be pragmatic have patience and be reasoned in our comments and arguments. 

• Like 1

Well, Brendan said he wanted a challenge.

Will he honest, thought it was strange switching the system with not masses of time to work on it. He did say though the advantage of being in now was to assess the squad and see where the work was needed. If he wants to play three at the back then I guess seeing we are safe may as well make those changes now.

But all in all, not much changed, other than Tielemans. On the plus side we are more likely to keep him with Rodgers as manager.

44 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Great post Ric. I agree that’s why the system was tried. Sadly for us Watford threw a spanner in the works as they didn’t play two up top to begin with as Deuolofeu was drifting behind Deeney. Watford offered very little mind you, I thought Holebas looked their most dangerous player. 

Anyway the manager has been here just a few days so will need painful lessons like this one. 

My only concern was he didnt see the formation being an issue today, even at 1-0 down he brought Gray on for Barnes which was like for like. I can see 3-4-2-1 being the go to formation when Benkovic comes back. I just hope we build our team around the assets of Harvey Barnes. His performance vs Brighton was very good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

I said it before guys one positive is that Brendon has never won in any of his 1st starts managing English clubs, so it wasn't meant to be today. Destiny had us not to win today.

Also it gives him a good idea where are failing are. 

Nan, is that you? Is it really warm there?

• Haha 2

Well the main thing that changed today was all the good wing play from Tuesday was removed from our game in favour of the wing backs providing all of the width. Even though Barnes kept his place he wasn’t playing the same position, it was more of a support striker role, he wasn’t finding those great positions he had been further wide.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mark said:

Well the main thing that changed today was all the good wing play from Tuesday was removed from our game in favour of the wing backs providing all of the width. Even though Barnes kept his place he wasn’t playing the same position, it was more of a support striker role, he wasn’t finding those great positions he had been further wide.

Chilwell looks more comfortable overlapping, rather than being the only wide man. I was surprised at how bad we looked with 3 at the back because I thought it would suit our players. Well, at least now we know. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Chilwell looks more comfortable overlapping, rather than being the only wide man. I was surprised at how bad we looked with 3 at the back because I thought it would suit our players. Well, at least now we know. 

He’s obviously had the arse for weeks though since Barnes was in his space, nevermind the fact he providing better end product than he was

Terrible performance first half, marginally better in the second. 

Main problem for me today was the slow passing and lack of movement off the ball.

Maguire is the worst culprit in this regard, although Ndidi and Maddison were not much better. 

Chilwell was dreadful, sloppy defensively and his crossing was the usual rubbish. Why does he never look? 

For me, our formation today was 5-4-1 because if the full backs are the last players back in their position I’d rather simplify it and count them as part of the defence. 

I’m not against this formation, particularly given our currrent lack of options up front...but if it’s going to work, we’ve got to be much better at passing the ball. 

Just now, Mark said:

He’s obviously had the arse for weeks though since Barnes was in his space, nevermind the fact he providing better end product than he was

Chilwell was like a headless chicken today. For all his energy he cannot cross. He either hits the first man, it goes too high or goes out!