Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

I’m glad Brendan has come now and not at the end of the season.

The biggest problem we have is that we don’t move the ball quick enough, and how evident that was today.

Brendan will give the lads a chance, but you can guarantee if they don’t buy into his way, they will be moved on.

That’s how I see it, this is like an extra long pre-season to try out new ideas and see what players fit and what don’t. This will be a massive blessing so that in the real pre-season we will have the players ready to play this new type of football/formation so we can hit the ground running next season. 

1 minute ago, aefevans said:

Sorry about that, guys. I thought you played well. Chilwell’s a good player. 

When we first appointed Brendan Rodgers about ten years ago, he inherited a team that had been set up for direct, long-ball play. BR is known for attractive football, but our previous manager frankly wasn’t, so there was some adjustment time required. So have patience and you’ll get some good football.

I didn’t think you had your best game today, we certainly didn’t either, but you can see how tidy you are still. You’ve got a very good team there and I’m also a fan of your manager, I can’t say I really enjoyed the game but well done on a good win :thumbup:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Deluded Brendan strikes already

"A lot of positives" :blink:

Guess as a new mgr you cant come in guns blazing calling everyone tw@ts.  Not much he can say i think he knows we played some dire footy. Its his first game im not too bothered. Suggest everyone have a wank like me (ladies included) definitely takes your mind off of it all lol. Or smoke some serious ganja

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think you may be judging too quickly, but he did get it very wrong today. If he repeats this error we’ll have an issue, but for now it’s just a poor judgement. 

I suspect in the next 9 matches you and other might have to get used to a few " errors". More generous people might call them experiments. We're basically on a long pre-pre-season. It will, if it isn't already, become obvious that many of our players simply are no longer good enough, won't ever be good enough or are basically kids who haven't played that much Premier League football.

It has been obvious for weeks that we have deep lying issues which Puel did not prove capable of sorting out. It remains to be seen if Rodgers can do so.

Edited by reynard
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

Playing it out from the back does not work in this country unless you have far superior players to the other team. We have got to start moving the ball forward quickly and preferably winning it far higher up the pitch.

Swansea were notorious for playing the ball out from the back under Rodgers and were often highlighted on MOTD for both the good and bad it provides. I doubt he will change it but I do hope he gets our team to make it count as it’s true that currently it’s pasding for passing’s sake. 

The 1st for me was dire, slow and laboured, passes constantly going to Watford players, no real movement or urgency, sideways and backwards passing and no meaningful chances. Can’t recall their keeper having to make a single save. 

Still, it’s very early days and BR has some work to do, 1 more win and I think we’re safe. There after for the rest of this season I’m not bothered so long as progress is made for next season 

41 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We may have just witnessed Vardy playing 50 minutes through a concussion to fashion one of our best finishes of the season, before succumbing to double vision.

He still has much to offer, including an example to the youngsters of what it takes to play at this level.

He's also the only player we have who seems able to score. Yet there are some on here who are all too ready to bin him. As I've said before we've far far worse problems than Vardy.

• Like 1

I think it’s harsh to call our players thick. I’d argue they are young, lacking in confidence and have been trained with a mentality for the last 16 months that has proven to be ineffective.

Give it time. Things will improve.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

Staters of the obvious.

Surprisingly Vardy, Kasper and Morgan don't manage the club either but it seems they have far more sway over our owners than either the manger does or footballers should have.

The sooner we move away from the old snakes the better my club will do.

It’s OUR club .......

2 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

The 1st for me was dire, slow and laboured, passes constantly going to Watford players, no real movement or urgency, sideways and backwards passing and no meaningful chances. Can’t recall their keeper having to make a single save. 

Still, it’s very early days and BR has some work to do, 1 more win and I think we’re safe. There after for the rest of this season I’m not bothered so long as progress is made for next season 

Unfortunately this is how they have been coached to try and play for the last 16 months. I'm not expecting much difference for quite a while but if we're still this bad at the start of next season then eyebrows may well be raised.

5 minutes ago, reynard said:

He's also the only player we have who seems able to score. Yet there are some on here who are all too ready to bin him. As I've said before we've far far worse problems than Vardy.

Vardy’s our best natural finisher if not one of the best in the league. The problem is to play to him means nullifying a lot of the other players. There work to do in how we combat that but hopefully good mobile support striker will help in the summer.

btw he’s ugly as shit but someone like Deeney would be ideal, work rate and ability was superb. Although Kasper ****ed up Deeney coming back to win that ball is something we need to work on.

Edited by Shram

Not read the thread yet. 

Very disappointed with the players today. Appreciate a new system and the time it takes to adapt but 4 or 5 looked like they'd never played the game before. The last goal was Wolves away all over again. Some of our players just seem a bit thick and the reinstatement of Wes as the back was as harmful as I feared. 

Onwards and upwards anyway!

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Unfortunately this is how they have been coached to try and play for the last 16 months. I'm not expecting much difference for quite a while but if we're still this bad at the start of next season then eyebrows may well be raised.

Better get ready to switch your eyebrows to their 'Roger Moore' setting then.

• Haha 1