Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

WE get a free kick in the 92nd minute. Johnny Evans can play forward into mendy who has 15 yards of space to turn and play FORWARD. No, we go back Kasper who plays a couple of passes while we spread out. Kasper then kicks it right down the middle to a Watford player while we are wide open. 

I’m all for passing back in order to keep possession but the number of times we REFUSED or chose not to play forward when it was on was criminal. 

Huge changes needed in the way we play

2 minutes ago, darko2k7 said:

Wolves mk2 that goal at the end . Stop ****ing about with it at  the back trying to be clever ***** . Negativity loses the game .

We were well on top all we needed to do was go forward into their box . What the point of getting a free kick on the half way line going back to you keeper just so he can play a 50/50 ball back to the spot you had the safe free kick .  Brain dead way to lose a game 

maybe spend a few hours in a dark room before posting on here..

Good points: Vardy really is brilliant. Not just in his goal, but in his intellient runs and some decent holdup play. He was brilliant. Concussions are nasty but I hope we comes back soon. We need him.

Youri is also terrific. We need his slick passing and good decision making. Evans played well too.

We played much, much, much better in the second half. So that's good. More attacking and forward intent...

BUT....

Stupid mistake at the back again. Kasper is dreaming if he ever thinks he's good enough for the top echleon of clubs. He's an excellent shot stopper but his distribution is diabolical. He cost us a point here. Wretched.

I thought Chillwell and Riccy struggled with their different roles. Barnes was barely in it, I think the old system fits him better.

7th is gone but I hope we use this time to figure out how to play in a formation that works for us. Brendan has the time. Mostly I hope he can give them all a rollicking about stupid mistakes.

This season has been so underwhelming. 

• Thanks 1

Same old, same old.

So much wrong today, ponderous in possession again especially through the defenders, lack of movement in the final third for the majority of the game, it's like our players lack brain cells.

Only two positives for me was Tielemans getting another assist and Ricardo being positive when going forward.

Watford did the basics very well today; however towards the end we were on top then Kasper goes and does that.

Disgusting.

If we were serious about 7th, we’ve gifted two winners to the two teams competing for that spot. We’d two points better off and they would be two points worse off. 

Throw in Arsenal away, Cardiff home and two games at home where we’ve failed to beat ten men. We really have a lot to learn 

• Like 1

Seriously anybody criticising the manager after one game needs to just **** off.

Poor performance overall but we looked like the only team who could go on and win it at 1-1.

If not for Kasper yet again blundering, it would've been a good away point.

Happy that Rogers has came in and is trying out new formations already.

Vardy looking sharper already.

Future is positive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Lay of the keeper who helped us win the league, yeah? It's obviously a **** up and people are incredibly annoyed the Bren era didn't get off to a stellar start but calls to have Kasper dropped are madness.

Just because he helped win us the league doesn't mean he's not allowed to be criticised. He's been sub par this season. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Shot ourselves in the foot, again. Oh and fvck with with this Puel out, Rogers out shite, it ant funny after 100 times. 

Have to let the 'Supporters' vent. 

Positives: we looked decent for about 15 minutes out of 90... I don't know what we were doing for the other 75. It wasn't football. Reminded me of Puel's worst games, just more boring. Our players couldn't be more inconsistent and unfocussed. I hope whatever Buck is trying them to play can be taught and will be learned.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Lay of the keeper who helped us win the league, yeah? It's obviously a **** up and people are incredibly annoyed the Bren era didn't get off to a stellar start but calls to have Kasper dropped are madness.

He did indeed but that that kick in the 92nd minute was absolutely inept. His kicking is really poor and someone with his experience having won the league as you say should have had the game management nous to just get it up field..

• Like 2

How can your forward players play without fear, when if the lose the ball they have the bomb scare defence of Morgan and kasper behind them.

Nothing against Rodgers but wasn’t a lot of deference between puel and today.

The manager has a big job on his hands, as we still don’t look like scoring, and not really a threat, yes we get in area’s but never look like scoring, and with our defence, especially with Morgan and kasper in it, we need to score 3 goals a game to win.

• Like 1

Worryingly for me that are best players for the past few weeks looked so inafective today, we looked sluggish. Brendon has a lot of work to do we have a soft touch about us at the minute and we concede a lot of late goals.