Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

3 minutes ago, Xen said:

Poor. Kasper to blame (again) for his poor distribution directly leading to a goal. Morgan not up to speed. Too many players not up to it today.

That being said, can we please refrain from jumping on Rodgers back already? He's only had four days with the players, one of which will have been a recovery day after Brighton, and he said himself he hasn't had chance to speak to them all individually yet. Changing the style is going to take a lot longer than that and we'll see a few uncertain performances in the meantime whilst things adjust. There's a lot of negatives he has to undo from the Puel era and working in his own philosophy is a process that takes weeks/months,not days.

3 minutes ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Rodgers Out . Lol

Less than a minute. Impressive.

12 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

The experience in that back three and Kasper should not be conceding goals like that. Nothing was going to change overnight, but you can see the scars left behind by Puels reign. There’s zero intensity in our play, and everyone just stands there waiting for the ball to come to them. 

Food for thought for Brendan, lots to consider and lots to work on, but this is exactly why he’s been brought to the club. 

Thank you. I am seeing too much: Oh this is just like Puel. Blaiming Rodgers right now is shortsighted in the extreme. Our players are steeped in bad habits, one of which is always passing the ball back, leaving us vulnerable to stupid mistakes like what occured here.

Brendan has his work cut out but he's got a proven track record and I, for one, am willing to give him 20 or so games before really forming a judgement. 

Edited by Tanya
  • Like 4

Frustrating and disappointing as Fuch Morgan surely can’t play for us again Maddison has disappointed last few games a few need to sort themselves out and up their game, Brendan has a job and a half to sort this lot out we desperately need a quality striker get rid of the deadwood rebuild in the summer but let’s just get past the dreaded 40 points keep away from that dogfight at the foot of the table!

Contender for one of the worst game of the season so far. Another confusing performance to add to the list. I know we don't have a team of Pirlo's but christ we don't have have some dense players. Sometimes you can carry a couple but I feel like we've got too many on the pitch at once. Really simple, pro-active - forward passes are ignored to go backwards. Simple opportunities to release the ball when under pressure results in losing possession. Any type of counter attack from an opposition results our shape just collapsing. We fall for every trick on the book. Let's give BR the time he needs to sort out the mess! Would of been nice to see a good performance but this looks like its going to take time. I love Wes but I don't want to see him in the PL anymore. Surely Ward is close to putting Kaspar under pressure now - I for one, hope so.

Edited by bfox

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Yeah that's 7th gone. Challenge for 9th and learn as much as we can in the remaining games. Brendan has a lot to work on with this aide - game management and penetration in the final third especially.

If you had 7th in mind..more fool you......!!!f

It was never just Puel..there are 5-7 players,who can't put in any shift of consistency...through one single game,let alone 3-4 games...!!!

I like the formation but don’t feel we have the players at CB for it right now, some brain dead decisions cost us there. 

Whatever this season is a write off and I’m considering it as early pre-season now, a lot of work to be done and some key moves to be done in the summer window, firstly signing Tielemans up! 

Nice little run of fixtures comping up now.

• Like 1

3 at the back is far too negative.

All that happens is that teams sit deeper and the free man is a CB at the back, so the ball gets passed along the backline and then to the keeper.

Today we took 2 steps backwards tactically with our backward/sideways passing returning and the move away from featuring youth. I'm sure that Brendan will have learned a lot and maybe we'll not see Morgan again. I'd like to see Kasper dropped too but that isn't going to happen is it?

We didn't deserve the point but it would have been nice to get and and deprive Watford of the 3 that has pulled them well ahead of us.

Noticeable that Brendan was surrounded by his own guys and had very little to do with the "old" team. In the long run that's good - not sure about today though.

I just hope he has the balls to move on from the "title winners. Their day has gone. we can still get money for both Kasper and Vardy this summer, I hope that's what we do and please do not renew Morgan's contract.