Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford Away Post Match Thread 2-1

I'd drop Kasper and give Ward a chance. His shot stopping has always been excellent, but his distribution and commandment of the area is pretty poor.

It'll take a while for the team to adjust to Rodgers and his tactics, and lets not forget Watford are a good team.

We should have got a point ultimately, which is a shame.

15 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Does it really take BR 5 days to sort his toothpaste cabinet and sock drawer. A look at some video's/dvd's of recent matches would have told him that Morgan doesn't exist in the first team anymore, Kasper is Sh1t and Hamza was MoM in a couple of matches but couldn't even be given a place on the bench. I really hope this was a one off bad day at the office, otherwise the better option was to keep Puel and say 8ollocks to communication skills in English. What I've just watched is no different to what I've been watching for much of the season, but lacked quality and intensity. There is a gulf between Scottish Preniership and the English Premier division, and true to form it looks like another wasted £6M.

I hope I've missed the sarcasm in this post, I really do.

13 minutes ago, ttfn said:

We must have the least off the ball movement in the entire division. 

People shouting for Evans, Maguire and Wes to pass the ball forward but they can’t do that if everyone in front of them is being tightly marked. 

After about the first 15 minutes, I reckon Barnes, Vardy and Maddison made about 4 off the ball runs between them. Gray, who I’ve been very critical of, at least seems to understand the need to move defenders about.

We are never going to pick apart teams until the front players and midfielders start providing options.

It's a point I picked up on in the match thread before Gray came on, his off the ball movement is far, far stronger than Maddison's, who at the moment looks as if he's running in treacle.

I make no apologies for getting angry (the smashed remote, well, that's a different subject...)

It's damned annoying to see us work ourselves back into a game to then throw it away in the blink of an eye.

I thought there were positives from today's experiment. As clueless as we appeared at times, I could understand that and it didn't upset me. I think (hope) Rodgers will have learnt a great deal about today's performance. Whether we see that formation again soon (or even again fullstop), I wouldn't want to guess. Maybe it was too much, too soon. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

That is the point, why are we playing a completley different system after 2 training sessions in a 7th place 6 pointer? 

and if he had stuck with puels formation he’d get it then as well.

damned if he does  damned if he doesn’t.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Does it really take BR 5 days to sort his toothpaste cabinet and sock drawer. A look at some video's/dvd's of recent matches would have told him that Morgan doesn't exist in the first team anymore, Kasper is Sh1t and Hamza was MoM in a couple of matches but couldn't even be given a place on the bench. I really hope this was a one off bad day at the office, otherwise the better option was to keep Puel and say 8ollocks to communication skills in English. What I've just watched is no different to what I've been watching for much of the season, but lacked quality and intensity. There is a gulf between Scottish Preniership and the English Premier division, and true to form it looks like another wasted £6M.

I think you may be judging too quickly, but he did get it very wrong today. If he repeats this error we’ll have an issue, but for now it’s just a poor judgement. 

Just now, MPH said:

Same story, same circles that we’ll find ourselves going in. We sit here and laugh off the shouts of delusion that the media and other fans label us as fans with, but I tell you now they aren’t far wrong you know. 

• Like 3

To say that was disappointing is an understatement, but it was our entire season encapsulated in one game. Slow build up. lack of incisive running in the final third, poor decision making and boneheaded mistakes. Fortunately, Rogers is not here to save us from relegation, a la Big Sam, Rogers is here to build something for the future; to take us to the next level. It will take time and Rogers will have learned a lot from today's performance. As for this season, let the likes of Watford, Wolves etc scrap it out for a place in the Europa League while we set our sights a little higher.

• Like 1

That's possibly the worst performance from us since the Southampton game, there were very few passages of play where we looked positive. It appears Rodgers has tried 3 at the back to give us more structure in defence and not be quite as easily carved open like we have been under Puel but it also reduces our attacking outlet. Mistakes have to be cut out when you set up defensively and right now we find new ways to lose.

Barnes wasn't utilized right today either, and Chilwell didnt seem comfortable at all. 3 at the back could be a long term solution but evidently needs some work.

Tielemans with another assist and Maddison was much better 2nd half. Just hope Vardy isnt out now for a while but Iheanacho did seem a bit more lively.

All in all a frustrating start under Rodgers.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Watching us repeatedly pass it back from the final third all the way back to Kasper, and Morgan playing in the quaterback roll was not fun.

Kasper cost us the draw, needs dropping. Hopefully his Dad will at least shut up now.

Rogers out.

Yep, lost count of the number of times we had the ball around their box, only to end up going back to kasper.

34 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I presume it's fitness as it's the same in every game so far. 

We were the much stronger side as the game wore on 

31 minutes ago, yks said:

I've said it before,I'll certainly say it again...

A lot of Puel out thought he was making the team and the players underperform because they couldn't comprehend why they weren't always at their best like against the Top 6 clubs.
The truth is Puel was the main (maybe only) reason we were able to perform at this level in the first place.

It's Southampton all over again, we'll now realize what our true level is, and it's frightening.

Suspct you should wait a while before dismissing the new manager and lauding the old one .........

30 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

That is the point, why are we playing a completley different system after 2 training sessions in a 7th place 6 pointer? 

I woud imagine we need to get used to further inconsistency this season as Rodgers tries out different systems and players

29 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

Too slow and too weak.

We were indeed a bit lightweight against a bigger side apart from at the back 

20 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Puel had 4 days and we absolutely rinsed Everton. :whistle:

A v poor Everton being managed by unsworth .... whereas today we were against a very efficient side who owed their fans and manager after a dismal display midweek. As I recall it was a pretty awful game 

Two minutes to go, everyone's happy with a point.

Then one of our most experienced players     makes a dumbass error, we get punished and lose the game.

AGAIN!!

Jesus, do they ever ever learn??

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

I think you may be judging too quickly, but he did get it very wrong today. If he repeats this error we’ll have an issue, but for now it’s just a poor judgement. 

I so hope that this is the case, but poor judgement on matchday is what we've been weaned on for 16 months.

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I understand that, but in my opinion the side that started Tuesday night is our best side we currently have available, plus they had just got the 3 points. 

I just can’t see how Gray for Morgan is a positive change in anyway shape or form. 

I really hope that BR changes things around after this defeat. Play 433, Ward for Kasper, drop Morgan and play Youri further up instead of Maddison. Bring Hamza in to partner Ndidi in the middle of the park. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, KingsX said:

We may have just witnessed Vardy playing 50 minutes through a concussion to fashion one of our best finishes of the season, before succumbing to double vision.

He still has much to offer, including an example to the youngsters of what it takes to play at this level.

He has a lot to offer but I don't think it's with us. He has become a ghost. He is absent throughout games, he doesn't have the energy that is needed and he doesn't have the skill set for our team. He can't head well, he can't hold up a ball well. He is a great finisher even if that hasn't been evident this season and he is a good passer - even if that hasn't been evident this season. In the right team he still has so much to offer. Sadly it's not us and his attitude - exhibited through his wife's tweets and his actions - have hurt the team through the last 2 managers and the end of the Ranieri era. He can be toxic for Brendan as well. 

He'll always be a Leicester Legend and one of my favourite players of all time but for my club I'd sell him this summer - along with Kasper.