Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Fulham (H).. Next up

12 hours ago, weller54 said:

He was seen training today with Morgan Morgan, Chilwell Chilwell, Schmeichel Schmeichel, Fuchs Fuchs and then chatted with Brendan Rodgers Brendon Rodgers.. 

.. He updated everyone that his double vision was improving. 

Nightmare if N'Golo was still here. Kante, Kante, Kante, Kante, Kante, Kante...oh god they're everywhere...

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has arrived for his pre-Fulham press conference. We'll bring you the headlines shortly... 

Rodgers says the break-in at his Glasgow home will speed up the process of moving his family to Leicester. "We’re looking to buy a home here and they’ll move down soon. We’ll throw our life into this city and we’re looking forward to doing that."

BR: "I don’t want to detract from the amazing time we had in Glasgow. The people there were amazing."

He says some of his medals were taken, before adding: "I’ll just have to try and get some more now!"

BR says Jamie Vardy will be fit to play against Fulham this weekend: "He took a bad knock (at Watford) and had a couple of stitches in his tongue but he’s trained very well and he’ll be fine for the weekend. The stitches haven’t stopped him talking though!"

BR on what he's learned since coming in: "They’re a fantastic group, they really care. I’ve found a bunch of players that want to get better. They know training is intense but this process will help them feel the benefits."

BR on the King Power Stadium: "I’m so excited. My experience of coming here with Swansea and Liverpool, and watching from the outside when the team won the league, it was incredible. It’s going to be so important for us."

BR: "This has to be a tough place to come. In the calendar year the team have won five home games. That needs to change. There needs to be an intensity and relentlessness to our game and that starts on Saturday."

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Leicester City manager Brendan Rodgers has arrived for his pre-Fulham press conference. We'll bring you the headlines shortly... 

Rodgers says the break-in at his Glasgow home will speed up the process of moving his family to Leicester. "We’re looking to buy a home here and they’ll move down soon. We’ll throw our life into this city and we’re looking forward to doing that."

BR: "I don’t want to detract from the amazing time we had in Glasgow. The people there were amazing."

He says some of his medals were taken, before adding: "I’ll just have to try and get some more now!"

BR says Jamie Vardy will be fit to play against Fulham this weekend: "He took a bad knock (at Watford) and had a couple of stitches in his tongue but he’s trained very well and he’ll be fine for the weekend. The stitches haven’t stopped him talking though!"

BR on what he's learned since coming in: "They’re a fantastic group, they really care. I’ve found a bunch of players that want to get better. They know training is intense but this process will help them feel the benefits."

BR on the King Power Stadium: "I’m so excited. My experience of coming here with Swansea and Liverpool, and watching from the outside when the team won the league, it was incredible. It’s going to be so important for us."

BR: "This has to be a tough place to come. In the calendar year the team have won five home games. That needs to change. There needs to be an intensity and relentlessness to our game and that starts on Saturday."

That's a very short press conference, just shows how quick and efficient these things can be. They'd all still be there looking baffled if Puel was still in charge.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good luck Brendan lol!

“We need to be better with the football, there’s no doubt about that, especially because of the recent history of Leicester City, most teams will sit back and not allow you space.

“Our supporters are so important impatient. Hopefully over time, they will understand that a back pass isn’t a negative pass. We have so many strengths in the team but there are areas to work on but hopefully that will evolve in my time here.”

Fixed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just realised this is the most depressed i've felt about us in ages.  Not looking forward to the game.  All feels pretty deflating

Really could do with them showing something a lot more positive than last week.  Need at least a small sign of good things to come, something that says we didnt make a mistake

• Like 2

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good luck Brendan lol!

“We need to be better with the football, there’s no doubt about that, especially because of the recent history of Leicester City, most teams will sit back and not allow you space.

“Our supporters are so important. Hopefully over time, they will understand that a back pass isn’t a negative pass. We have so many strengths in the team but there are areas to work on but hopefully that will evolve in my time here.”

Is that actually a real quote?

Feel like it was written by a Puel supporting troll

22 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Just realised this is the most depressed i've felt about us in ages.  Not looking forward to the game.  All feels pretty deflating

Really could do with them showing something a lot more positive than last week.  Need at least a small sign of good things to come, something that says we didnt make a mistake

It sounds like training is a lot more intense which in time should make our players seem more fired up for games, there's a lot of noise coming out about Puel's training methods and linking it to the laboured starts we had in games. Rodgers methods are the complete opposite to that, training will be hard and rewarding. There does seem to be a general consensus that his training is the result of big improvements in players, which is great to hear. The other promising thing Rodgers has said and we saw evidence of was how isolated our striker was this season, which is true we barely had more than 1 or 2 support players get in to the box which was a common theme when attacks yet again broke down and came to nothing. I thought we were very ordinary against Watford and didn't look anywhere near as threatening as we had done at times under Puel but when we did create attacks there was so much support getting in to the box and long term that can only be a good thing.

I've felt a bit down this week, I've a nagging feeling that this won't be a success under Rodgers but that's based on a warped logic that our club isn't suited to what appears to be big named signings or managers which holds very little merit to the individual talents of these people and can't all be assumed to have the same outcome. Rodgers is a first class coach, he ticks so many boxes that sadly Puel didn't. My gut feeling, I hope will be wrong. If he can get end product out of Chilwell, Barnes, Gray, Maddison and Iheanacho and rediscover the form of Ndidi then we could be frightening.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Is that actually a real quote?

Feel like it was written by a Puel supporting troll

Yes it's a real quote! I think he's specifically referring to a pass Mendy made when he came on against Brighton when we were 2-1 up but still looking suspect at the back when the crowd let their feelings known and wanted the ball played forward!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It sounds like training is a lot more intense which in time should make our players seem more fired up for games, there's a lot of noise coming out about Puel's training methods and linking it to the laboured starts we had in games. Rodgers methods are the complete opposite to that, training will be hard and rewarding. There does seem to be a general consensus that his training is the result of big improvements in players, which is great to hear. The other promising thing Rodgers has said and we saw evidence of was how isolated our striker was this season, which is true we barely had more than 1 or 2 support players get in to the box which was a common theme when attacks yet again broke down and came to nothing. I thought we were very ordinary against Watford and didn't look anywhere near as threatening as we had done at times under Puel but when we did create attacks there was so much support getting in to the box and long term that can only be a good thing.

I've felt a bit down this week, I've a nagging feeling that this won't be a success under Rodgers but that's based on a warped logic that our club isn't suited to what appears to be big named signings or managers which holds very little merit to the individual talents of these people and can't all be assumed to have the same outcome. Rodgers is a first class coach, he ticks so many boxes that sadly Puel didn't. My gut feeling, I hope will be wrong. If he can get end product out of Chilwell, Barnes, Gray, Maddison and Iheanacho and rediscover the form of Ndidi then we could be frightening.

Yeah, I think this is whats bugging me too.  I really dont want another manager to fail and we're in the position where I think our fans' expectations do need to be managed.  If the Rodgers project turns sour things will go from bad to worse

Its not that i'm particularly worried about Rodgers or think that he is particularly likely to fail, its that we're a bit of a wounded animal at the moment and the consequences of him failing worry me

I suppose on the plus side the vocal seeming majority who were Puel detractors are positive about Rodgers from the off, so hopefully as a club we will be more supportive of this project in its growing pains for the next year or so and stick with it

I've just realised how important it is as a club to keep the faith and keep the feeling with the majority, we need to keep committed to Rodgers even if its tough, cant afford to get into a tailspin of manager sackings and I think we're about as high profile manager wise as we could expect atm

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

My renewed enthusiasm took a real kicking last Sunday and this is nothing against Rodgers at all.

We looked like rabbits in headlights for the first couple of set pieces into our box leading to us inevitably conceding early yet again. Puel obviously saw that and tried to do something about it without much luck. Good luck Brendan!

We seem to have some "nice" footballers but with the possible exception of Vardy they don't appear to have much backbone or steel. I think the only way that will change is by replacing one or two of them.

I don't think you can coach out of some players the individual errors we keep seeing, Footballers by and large aren't that clever.

We need to be tougher and smarter, I don't think you can coach those qualities.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Livid said:

My renewed enthusiasm took a real kicking last Sunday and this is nothing against Rodgers at all.

We looked like rabbits in headlights for the first couple of set pieces into our box leading to us inevitably conceding early yet again. Puel obviously saw that and tried to do something about it without much luck. Good luck Brendan!

We seem to have some "nice" footballers but with the possible exception of Vardy they don't appear to have much backbone or steel. I think the only way that will change is by replacing one or two of them.

I don't think you can coach out of some players the individual errors we keep seeing, Footballers by and large aren't that clever.

We need to be tougher and smarter, I don't think you can coach those qualities.

The individual errors are coming from seasoned pro's though like Morgan, Maguire, Evans, Schmeichel etc as much as the younger kids who might have a soft underbelly.

• Like 4