Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Hakim Ziyech

6 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Maybe Rodgers might be able to attract this sort of quality player, if we can get Tielemans in on a permanent deal with a strike partner for Vardy we will have a great team for next season... :thumbup:

There might be some truth in this line of thinking, though I think it's more likely to work on a younger player and / or one based domestically that is more familiar with the manager. For example I could see us getting Hudson-Odoi on Loftus-Cheek on a season loan deal, or from Ajax maybe David Neres. Ziyech I would put on the same level as Mhikitaryan or someone like that. Maybe not quite elite level, but more than capable of playing for a top 5 club in any league and doing a very good job.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2019 at 13:05, MC Prussian said:

Think our focus should be on getting Tielemans in the summer, both him and Ziyech are similar in playing style and position.

But Tielemans has the age advantage and thus technically the higher re-sale value later on.

Ziyech has played more often on the wing recently, but in essence and based on his past experience, he's a playmaker operating from the middle of the pitch.

He would play the same way that Mahrez did for us. From the formation we played Saturday Ziyech would step in for Gray. Allowing us to still play Youri, Madders & Barnes.

If not Ziyech then I would love Lozano from PSV instead. We’ve gotta aim high.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28

13 hours ago, Koke said:

Myself and @Ric Flair have been banging the Ziyech drum for at least 3 years now. I think the ship has sailed now unfortunately and he will go to a CL club.

I actually feel annoyed we are watching him again, we could have got him for £11m and decided not to try. Now he'd cost us 4 times that.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2019 at 18:13, Micky said:

According to Maddison, Ghezzal has more skill than anyone else in the team.

Skill? What does that mean? Like the Harlem Globetrotters?

The ability to press. Take on opponents 1v1. Press. Play under pressure. Put the ball in the net. The list goes on and on. The most important to have the right mentality to play attacking aggressive football. I look forward to

Ghezzal doing it on the field. Show me.

6 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

People may scoff at this but I’ll say it anyway. 

We've never been more attractive in the transfer market, even when we offered UCL football.

Firstly because of the manager, on paper he’s brilliant for us and for young players around the world he’ll be a big plus.

Secondly because our wage bill is dropping a lot this summer, i can only assume it should free up lucrative contract offers.

Thirdly what a place to develop and learn your craft, state of the art facilities, investment on every level, stadium expansions including a hotel. 

Finally because there isn’t the pressure from our freak season. Players won’t be afraid to come here anymore and our squad is full of huge talent, young talent. 

I dont see why we cant attract players like Ziyech, Tielemans on a permanent deal etc.

edit; font size fail again, sorry lol

Please don’t get your hopes up on this one Sheppy, we don’t want to lose you. 

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 06:13, Micky said:

According to Maddison, Ghezzal has more skill than anyone else in the team.

Darts or cribbage?

14 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

People may scoff at this but I’ll say it anyway. 

We've never been more attractive in the transfer market, even when we offered UCL football.

Firstly because of the manager, on paper he’s brilliant for us and for young players around the world he’ll be a big plus.

Secondly because our wage bill is dropping a lot this summer, i can only assume it should free up lucrative contract offers.

Thirdly what a place to develop and learn your craft, state of the art facilities, investment on every level, stadium expansions including a hotel. 

Finally because there isn’t the pressure from our freak season. Players won’t be afraid to come here anymore and our squad is full of huge talent, young talent. 

I dont see why we cant attract players like Ziyech, Tielemans on a permanent deal etc.

edit; font size fail again, sorry lol

Can the Mods please ban @SheppyFox as optimistic posts like this, full of sensible comments and exciting assumptions has absolutely no place on FT.  Whatever next - a Brendan is perfect Poll?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What if there is an algorithm that searches fan forums to see who you talk about a lot and gives journalists a name that they know you'll all want to read about. This guys has been on everyone's wishlist for 2/3 seasons now :dunno:

22 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

What if there is an algorithm that searches fan forums to see who you talk about a lot and gives journalists a name that they know you'll all want to read about. This guys has been on everyone's wishlist for 2/3 seasons now :dunno:

This wouldn't be hard to make. Easier though, would be journalists just looking at fan forums themselves.

• Haha 1

On 14/03/2019 at 13:09, Lambert09 said:

plot twist