Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Hakim Ziyech

Leicester City reportedly "watched" Ajax's Hakim Ziyech, who is now said to be on the radar of Premier League rivals Liverpool.

The Morocco international, who netted in Ajax's memorable 4-1 Champions League win over Real Madrid in midweek, has also been linked with Roma and Borussia Dortmund.

Ziyech is enjoying a stellar season, with 18 goals and 15 assists to his name so far for the Eredivisie title challengers, who currently sit in second place behind PSV Eindhoven.

A report by Bleacher Report suggests City viewed him as a possible replacement for Riyad Mahrez , who left the King Power Stadium for Manchester City last summer in a record deal.

The 25-year-old has impressed at Ajax since joining from FC Twente three years ago, notching 37 times and creating 52 goals for his team-mates.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hakim-ziyech-leicester-city-transfer-2628448

The ship has sailed. Liverpool would have far more going for them if they pursue him. Their midfield dilemma would ensure he would fit right in.

It's good to think that we are trying to identify players like him. It does show a bit of ambition.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The ship has sailed. Liverpool would have far more going for them if they pursue him. Their midfield dilemma would ensure he would fit right in.

It's good to think that we are trying to identify players like him. It does show a bit of ambition.

Think this too sadly.

He's exactly the type of profile we should've gone for when we won the league. Had the profile to be a potentially top player but was a bit rough round the edges, but we were appealing enough a club at the time to actually get that type of player in. Timo Werner is another who sticks in my head, went for half the fee we paid to Musa that summer to a club less reputable at the time than us.

He'll be way out of our price range. I reckon you're talking £50mil minimum for him especially considering they've just sold de Jong for about eighty.

• Like 1

That ship has definitely sailed.

If we sign Tielemans the one place that needs upgrading in the first XI would be an outstanding flair player to play RW. I've been a big supporter of Gray as I think he has all the attributes to be a top player but I think he lacks a footballing brain. I'd be happy to sell and get in the best player we can in this position. We were linked with Leon Bailey and Malcolm last season so someone of that ilk and we would have a fantastic first XI. 

I don't think a top club will touch him. I heard a podcast recently with a dutch journalist who said he's very eager to shoot and tries the incredible each time.

Ajax allowed it given the opposition they face 99% of games. Top European clubs would prefer him to keep the ball. 

Think our focus should be on getting Tielemans in the summer, both him and Ziyech are similar in playing style and position.

But Tielemans has the age advantage and thus technically the higher re-sale value later on.

Ziyech has played more often on the wing recently, but in essence and based on his past experience, he's a playmaker operating from the middle of the pitch.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think this too sadly.

He's exactly the type of profile we should've gone for when we won the league. Had the profile to be a potentially top player but was a bit rough round the edges, but we were appealing enough a club at the time to actually get that type of player in. Timo Werner is another who sticks in my head, went for half the fee we paid to Musa that summer to a club less reputable at the time than us.

He'll be way out of our price range. I reckon you're talking £50mil minimum for him especially considering they've just sold de Jong for about eighty.

Good point about post-title but replacing Kante was the bigger concern that summer in midfield.

Besides there was so many disasters in our transfers that summer that Ziyech could easily have been another one. Especially with sections of our fanbase and their tolerance.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Think this too sadly.

I don't see him being that much.

De Jong went to Barcelona for that sort of money because he will be a once in a generation midfielder. Already getting MOTM performances regularly in the Champions League aged 21. He was destined to go to one of the biggest sides in Europe to be their midfielder for the next decade.

When you factor that De Ligt is also likely to be sold this summer for a similar amount to De Jong then I don't think that Ajax will be as desperate to keep Ziyech considering they'll already have 180 odd million in their back pocket.

I think 35/40 should be enough.

Maybe Rodgers might be able to attract this sort of quality player, if we can get Tielemans in on a permanent deal with a strike partner for Vardy we will have a great team for next season... :thumbup:

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see him being that much.

De Jong went to Barcelona for that sort of money because he will be a once in a generation midfielder. Already getting MOTM performances regularly in the Champions League aged 21. He was destined to go to one of the biggest sides in Europe to be their midfielder for the next decade.

When you factor that De Ligt is also likely to be sold this summer for a similar amount to De Jong then I don't think that Ajax will be as desperate to keep Ziyech considering they'll already have 180 odd million in their back pocket.

I think 35/40 should be enough.

Or considering they've lost two star players already?

Surely the amount of money they've taken in for those two if anything gives them a license to demand even more for Ziyech.

• Like 1