Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Next season expectations

Now that we have effectively secured our premier league status, thoughts turn to next season now.

The work and preparation for next seaon has begun for Rodgers and he is enjoying this honeymoon period, of the remainder of this season.

I think bringing him now was perfect for the club, so he can evaluate what we need moving forward.

My expectations for next season is winning a cup competition and qualifying for Europe, I think that is well within the realms of possibility.

Transfer targets wise in the Summer, If we can secure Tielemans, and another Winger and Striker I think we are good to go, with the depth of our squad and first team.

What are your expectations and thoughts for next season?

• Like 2

Impossible to expect to win a cup but I’d hope we’ll take them very seriously next season.

In Brendan’s first full season I’m thinking competing for 6th would be excellent but comfortable 7th would be fine and far more realistic.

• Like 3

Cup win isn't a must but competitive. 

Epl 7th is minimum

We have sign lot of youngster this summer and majority of them are already blend well to our team. Next season we just need few more, so shouldn't be another transision season. 

What we need is just one cb, one winger, and one striker. The new cb probably not necessary as Benkovic is coming. The new striker are mainly alternative, so vardy can do his role if he need few months for adaptation. 

The rest are just squad player and didn't need much fuss 

Out of a total available 114 points, 36 come from games against the Top 6, 18 from the 3 relegatees, and 60 from everyone else. 

I'd take 9 points from 36 against the big teams (2 wins and 3 draws/3 wins out of 12 games), 12 from 18 against the bottom 3 (4 wins/3 wins and 3 draws out of 6 games) and 36 points from the 60 available from everyone else (10 wins and 6 draws out of 20 games).

So 57 points. 

7th position should be our aim though this  depends on what the teams around us do. If Wolves qualify for Europe this year they may spend big and we know Everton and West Ham are both willing to spend too. After the title win everyone looks at the top 6 as where we want to be but we can’t take teams around us lightly. 

I believe with our current team (including Tielemans) we are already more than capable of 7th but it’s one thing saying it and another to do it. Hopefully Rodgers will make it happen though and the initial signs are promising. 

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Now that we have effectively secured our premier league status, thoughts turn to next season now.

The work and preparation for next seaon has begun for Rodgers and he is enjoying this honeymoon period, of the remainder of this season.

I think bringing him now was perfect for the club, so he can evaluate what we need moving forward.

My expectations for next season is winning a cup competition and qualifying for Europe, I think that is well within the realms of possibility.

Transfer targets wise in the Summer, If we can secure Tielemans, and another Winger and Striker I think we are good to go, with the depth of our squad and first team.

What are your expectations and thoughts for next season?

That's a fairly heavy spend!! Do you think we'll have that much money?? 

I reckon that's easily £100m of spending to get first team quality additions.

How much is a premier league quality striker?  £40m?  £50m?

Tielemans is going to be £30m or £40m I reckon?

And a winger in this market to hit the ground running another £30m at least surely?? 

I'm not sure we have that much in the kitty!

7th would be great but not an easy feat, surely Everton can't be as bad next season, Wolves and West Ham still relatively strong, Newcastle could be half decent if Rafa can spend some cash.

I'd be content with top 8/9 as long as the football is a little more entertaining than under Claude and there are signs of progress. More arsed about actually reaching a cup semi for the first time in what'll be what, twenty years?

6 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

That's a fairly heavy spend!! Do you think we'll have that much money?? 

I reckon that's easily £100m of spending to get first team quality additions.

How much is a premier league quality striker?  £40m?  £50m?

Tielemans is going to be £30m or £40m I reckon?

And a winger in this market to hit the ground running another £30m at least surely?? 

I'm not sure we have that much in the kitty!

We aren’t going to sign a first choice striker but merely a competent back up with the potential to become a first team regular someone from the Championship either Maupay from Brentford or Che Adams at Birmingham, maybe £15m tops.

Winger wise, I think Pepe could be a good shout, £25m, and Toure would know all about him being in the Ivory Coast set up.

So I don’t think £80m circa spent is that bad, not factoring in players sales as well.

Consistency, with a few additions to the team and touch wood keeping our best players we have a real shot of making a statement next year, who knows whether that will be in the league, cups of both but with Rodgers in charge the players know what is expected of them. I'm very excited to see what the summer has in store for us, hopefully Rogers addresses the lack of goals which i'm sure he will, I think now is the time to make a statement signing whether that's Youri or someone else that we mean business next season. 

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

We aren’t going to sign a first choice striker but merely a competent back up with the potential to become a first team regular someone from the Championship either Maupay from Brentford or Che Adams at Birmingham, maybe £15m tops.

Winger wise, I think Pepe could be a good shout, £25m, and Toure would know all about him being in the Ivory Coast set up.

So I don’t think £80m circa spent is that bad, not factoring in players sales as well.

May as well stick with iheanacho then.

If all we are buying is potential.

But "potential" doesn't necessarily move the club forward towards European places IMO. 

Especially if an ageing vardy gets injured or suffers a loss of form, because that championship striker is then suddenly a starter and we'll all be bemoaning the fact we "only bought squad players".