Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Next season expectations

It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the summer.

I think we will have funds this summer for a big spend. Sadly I suspect one or both of Maguire and Chilwell will leave for a big fee. We made a profit in the recent Winter window. And hopefully we should get players like Slimani off the wage bill (Fuchs, King, Kaputska, possibly King, Simpson and Okazaki, will also leave).

That means hopefully we can add Silva to the Tielemans deal to ease costs, and bring in a new Striker with what we already have, plus plug any gaps from major transfers out.  I expect Elder will make the step up too as back-up LB, but we should look to strengthen here if we can.

I don’t think we need to change things up too much, mainly keep our core or young players who now have a further years worth of experience at Premiership level

I’d love us to qualify for Europe either through the league or by winning a cup. I reckon we’ll finish 8th and get to a cup semi-final

Edited by car1os

I think it’s about setting a points total rather than a position.

If you can improve on points and do your job then it’s all that matters.

If teams improve and make more points doesn’t mean we fail if we get lower in the table despite more points.

Last season we came 9th which is fine but 47 points, considering our form for last few months was poor.

Positon wise, I’d love 7th but rather than setting that as our goal I think points target is better and let that take care of itself.

I think we should be aiming for 50-60 range.

i find under 40 is strugglers. 40-50 is like very inconsistent nothing team.

50-60 good solid team. Potential with this team and a good amount of points to claim that suggests you were relatively consistent in a tough league.

60-75 very good team. This would be an over achieving range, you never know but realistically would be overachieving.

75-90 Potential premier league winners.

id say next season we should aim for 50 points and push for Europe.

14/15 was great, we achieved what we set out for.

15/16 unbelievable enough said.

16/17 CL and survived. People expected more but we were always going to struggle after losing Kante . More pressure on an aging back 4.

17/18 Start of a new team effectivly in transition. Still had Vardy Mahrez so enough to be a good mod table team but Morgan aging by now, Huth and Drinky gone, we were having to start a new team and 2 Qfs in the cups, both very close to getting through, we had a fairly decent season.

18/19 we continued the youth and building for future. Relegation never in doubt, another cup run lost on pens. Deceptively close to a good cup chance(Burton and a struggling Chelsea? We had a chance which is so frustrating).

Vichai disaster marred the season but we’ve stayed safe and still in a europa league shot with a new manager that fits. Overall providing we finish ok it would be another relatively successful season despite the trauma.

So next season kick on, build the points tally to 50+ range and progress. Europa league would be great and hopefully can build for a shot at that! Maybe would be our best way to get into the CL by winning it.

Potential to go for this long term

Future is bright atm for Leicester City 

• Like 2

I looked at our starting XI against Burnley and thought on paper it’s a very good side, the best outside the top 6.

It’s massively important we keep Tielmans and I honestly think with the way he’s settled, the new manager and the young squad / dressing room we have, he’ll want to stay too. 

We have Benkovic, Albrighton & Amartey (back up RB) to come back into the frame.

I think we need to strengthen the squad now as the bench is very weak with very little game changers. A new left back, a new wide man & striker will be good enough for me. 

7th position, better home form and a good cup run has to be the target. 

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Who would drop out of the top 6 to let us in, out of interest? 

The way they're going, Chelsea.

Very old squad, about to lose their best player and they've got a transfer ban.

37 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The way they're going, Chelsea.

Very old squad, about to lose their best player and they've got a transfer ban.

Chelsea have more to gain from this ban than to lose. It's a clear indicator and oppurtunity for them to address the internal problems which have plagued them ever since Mourinho left the 2nd time, and I highly doubt they'll be anything other than better off as soon as their ban is over. Short term, a team (probably not ours, Wolves and Watford both are more cohesive clubs right now) a team could maybe pip them to 6th. Anything else would be unlikely. 

On 17/03/2019 at 17:30, Suzie the Fox said:

I want Kasper 

I want Tielemans 

I want Chilwell  i want Vardy 

I want Benkovic 

Is that all at once or spread out through the day? 

Didn't take long to get over Iborra I see lol lol

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I honestly think Chelsea could next year. All in vain if they have this transfer ban overturned but without that, they're left with an ageing squad with the likelihood of Real Madrid bullying them into selling Hazard. It'll be interesting seeing what happens there as I'd imagine the reason Zidane's gone back there is that he's had assurances about certain transfers etc... and Hazard you would imagine is likely to be one of these.

Monitoring what happens with them closely. I reckon they could have a shocker next year.

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I honestly think Chelsea could next year. All in vain if they have this transfer ban overturned but without that, they're left with an ageing squad with the likelihood of Real Madrid bullying them into selling Hazard. It'll be interesting seeing what happens there as I'd imagine the reason Zidane's gone back there is that he's had assurances about certain transfers etc... and Hazard you would imagine is likely to be one of these.

Monitoring what happens with them closely. I reckon they could have a shocker next year.

Spuds spending could depend on champions league qualification if they miss out they have a huge debt to pay for white elephant Lane lol lol

On 19/03/2019 at 15:56, leicesterlad1989 said:

There seems to be confusion in this thread between 'expectations' and a 'target.'

Our target should be to try and win a cup competition and finish 7th but surely we shouldn't expect that?!

For me, my expectations are that we improve our dreadful home form, build the young squad that we have and we take all cup competitions seriously.

Exactly my thoughts. It can't be difficult to improve our home form, surely? It has been abysmal. I'd be happy with a decent league finish (7th-10th), a good cup run (would be great to finally win the FA Cup, but just to seriously challenge for a domestic cup would be nice) and further development of the club's youth.

11 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think is more a case of keeping the top 6 honest, and hoping one of them has enough of a rough patch to bring us within reach.

It's a bit of a stretch to believe it is possible, but 15/16 etc. Good question though, the considered opinion seems to be Chelsea. Abrahmovic might sell?

Edited by Vardinio'sCat