Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Early thoughts.. Next up Bournemouth (H).

Guest Markyblue
3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

August bank holiday, so they should have been. It was good though :beer::scarf:

It certainly helped ?

41 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Ndidi Tielemans

Gray   Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

:thumbup:

54 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemans

Gray   Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

I like it, but Brendan with play Morgan

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper

Ndidi Tielemans

Gray   Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

This is our best team available, but I see our formation under Brendan as being more of a 4-3-3 with Ndidi as a holding midfielder, rather than a midfield two with Maddison as a traditional number 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We really should, at home, win. But...

It's Bournemouth we're talking about and it goes something like this (unless I have it way wrong in which case, someone correct me) - Back in the title winning season, Eddie Howe and co. were widely acknowledged to be the first team we faced that deliberately sought to spoil, with no intention other than to take a point. It showed that we struggled to break down a side playing negatively, thus laying the blueprint for a slew of other teams to follow.

Since then, even though they've become much more adventurous, even beating us several times, they've clearly gained a psychological hold over us and I believe it is deeply rooted in that season of 2015/16, regardless of how they play against us. I'm sure Eddie Howe makes no secret of that everytime they prepare to face us.

But they've been beaten by some seriously mediocre sides this season and we really should, if we are to challenge for 7th or even simply to reassure Rodgers that he made a wise choice in joining us, be beating them. If we do, I really believe we will unburden ourselves of the curse they seem to have on us. And it may even free us up to hit the ground running with the games down the stretch.

3-0 Vardy hat-trick. If that aint too bold.:thumbup:

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

It's Bournemouth we're talking about and it goes something like this (unless I have it way wrong in which case, someone correct me) - Back in the title winning season, Eddie Howe and co. were widely acknowledged to be the first team we faced that deliberately sought to spoil, with no intention other than to take a point, thereby showing that we struggled to break down a negative side and thus laying the blueprint for a slew of other teams to follow.

Since then, even though they've become much more adventurous, even beating us several times, they've clearly gained a psychological hold over us and I believe it is deeply rooted in that season of 2015/16. I'm sure Eddie Howe makes no secret of that when prepping for us.

But they've been beaten by some seriously mediocre sides this season and we really should, if we are to challenge for 7th or even simply to reassure Rodgers that he made a wise choice in joining us, be beating them. If we do, I really do believe we will unburden ourselves of the curse they seem to have on us. And it may even free us up to hit the ground running with the games down the stretch.

'Even' beating us?

They made mincemeat out of us last time around.

I think in football, some teams just have your number.  Palace and Bournemouth, it can't be luck every time.

I think Bournemouth are the perfect team to exploit a high press, high defensive line.

51 minutes ago, murphy said:

'Even' beating us?

They made mincemeat out of us last time around.

I think in football, some teams just have your number.  Palace and Bournemouth, it can't be luck every time.

I think Bournemouth are the perfect team to exploit a high press, high defensive line.

Well, we beat Palace home and away the title winning season, then we beat them at home and drew with them away in 2017. They've humiliated us recently but over the years, we've actually enjoyed our fair share of wins and points from them.

As for Bournemouth, yes they walloped us, slighly flattered by a lucky penalty, but nonetheless they deserved the win. However, I do believe they are a bogey team more because of the 2 draws eked out against us during 2015-16.

If we are to realistically target 7th this season and top 6 next, we need to start by preventing them from becoming some sort of perennial nemesis. And I think that term flatters them to be honest.

I agree about the strategy by the way.

Edited by Kendal Fox

Morgan and Maguire were fcukin atrocious at their gaff earlier this season, we were ripped apart with their pace and it could be the same again when the onus on us is to dictate play and go forward. At least now we press properly rather than half heartedly but if we aren't careful we will be exposed again. Bournemouth are a weird team but they have certain types of games and teams they easily pick off and sadly we are one of them.

Soyuncu has now lost his place in the Turkey team as well, he can't be enjoying himself right now. It's a shame he couldn't have stayed back at Leicester for these 2 weeks and further impressed Rodgers in training. I would be tempted to start him anyway, but I don't see Rodgers ignoring Morgan after what he did vs Burnley.

Got a feeling this will be the game Harvey Barnes really turns heads, will upstage David Brooks and finally get us the win vs our bogey team.

2-0 Leicester Barnes and Vardy

• Like 1

Morgan does deserve to start after the other week, but is this what life would be like without Maguire?

Just get Soyuncu on the pitch, we know what we're getting with Morgan.

Let's see what Soyuncu's got and let these last games decide if we need another CB next season should Maguire move. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Choudhury Tielemans

Maddison Vardeh Barnes

Hamza deep blocking the deep block, whilst retaining a good deep block. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

It's Bournemouth we're talking about and it goes something like this (unless I have it way wrong in which case, someone correct me) - Back in the title winning season, Eddie Howe and co. were widely acknowledged to be the first team we faced that deliberately sought to spoil, with no intention other than to take a point. It showed that we struggled to break down a side playing negatively, thus laying the blueprint for a slew of other teams to follow.

Since then, even though they've become much more adventurous, even beating us several times, they've clearly gained a psychological hold over us and I believe it is deeply rooted in that season of 2015/16, regardless of how they play against us. I'm sure Eddie Howe makes no secret of that everytime they prepare to face us.

But they've been beaten by some seriously mediocre sides this season and we really should, if we are to challenge for 7th or even simply to reassure Rodgers that he made a wise choice in joining us, be beating them. If we do, I really believe we will unburden ourselves of the curse they seem to have on us. And it may even free us up to hit the ground running with the games down the stretch.

Not for me, normally Bournemouth are far too clever on the ball to spoil games. We chase their shadows as everyone of their players is comfortable on the ball. Last season was the first occasion I can remember them being shithouse to nab a win. 

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Morgan does deserve to start after the other week, but is this what life would be like without Maguire?

Just get Soyuncu on the pitch, we know what we're getting with Morgan.

Let's see what Soyuncu's got and let these last games decide if we need another CB next season should Maguire move. 

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell

Ndidi Choudhury Tielemans

Maddison Vardeh Barnes

Hamza deep blocking the deep block, whilst retaining a good deep block. 

Life after Maguire = Filip Benkovic. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not for me, normally Bournemouth are far too clever on the ball to spoil games. We chase their shadows as everyone of their players is comfortable on the ball. Last season was the first occasion I can remember them being shithouse to nab a win. 

I did mention, in the paragraph after the one you quoted, that they've since gone on to play a more adventurous style against us and I admit they've deserved much of their rewards, though I seem to remember we should have beaten them (A Vardy goal unfairly ruled out) on the last day of the season back in 2017.

But I was talking about the way they first played us back in 2015-16, in which they were the first team to play negatively, managing to yield 2 draws. I think they've lived off the psychology of that to a certain extent ever since, regardless of how they play us now.

My point is that whether we successfully challenge for 7th this season or not, it's clearly the club and Rodgers' aim to make us a genuine Top 6 team for next season onwards. And the type of mental toughness that is required to make that a consistent achievement means beating the likes of Bournemouth and undoing the mental hold they've enjoyed over us. Are they a top 6 club? No. Are they even a surefire top 10 club? No.

For me at least, if we can't beat them at home, (or away for that matter in the future) it's simply not being realistic to think we'll be a genuine top 6 club in the long run.

Edited by Kendal Fox

On 21/03/2019 at 20:36, pds said:

Will be my 5 year old son's first ever match. Praying for a better result than we've managed against them in the Premier League.

You absolutely sure about this? Little lad will have years of pain and heartache and worse of all, hope.