Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Early thoughts.. Next up Bournemouth (H).

Can I remind everyone, we are playing Bournemouth not Barce. Man City or Wolvesalona.  Just add pace at CB and go at them from the off.   Just look at the car-crash down there and do the opposite defensive wise.  We had 6 players representing  England over the past week and we should, therefore be looking to get on the front foot from the first minute.

16 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Can I remind everyone, we are playing Bournemouth not Barce. Man City or Wolvesalona.  Just add pace at CB and go at them from the off.   Just look at the car-crash down there and do the opposite defensive wise.  We had 6 players representing  England over the past week and we should, therefore be looking to get on the front foot from the first minute.

I think we'll let Brendan do the team talk

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not only have we failed to defeat them since being in the Premier league, but I don't think we've ever scored first against them in that time either. 

Scored 2 against them this season, one last season and one the season before

My main memory of last seasons game was the time wasting when they were ahead, particularly Begovic, so when the Mahrez free kick went in I really let rip into the cheating ****. You need a strong ref when you play them, they really are a whiny bunch who try to ref the game themselves, with Howe trying to pressure the officials too, it's a shame, it could be a nice story about how they have come up the leagues and kept their place and play good stuff but they are very hard to like. First goal so important with the way they keep the ball (and keep it out of play). 

City 2                                  Bore-mouth 1

Vardy, Barnes peaches      Some Jamster tap in of a loose ball

Howe "We were the better side".

4 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but not only have we failed to defeat them since being in the Premier league, but I don't think we've ever scored first against them in that time either. 

Correct. Not only have we failed to score the first goal against them, we've not led for a single minute of any of the 7 games against them. Quite incredible really.

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll win this. Was talking to a guy with a strong Scottish accent earlier from the sky cancellations team as I was trying to haggle a new deal. He was quite chatty and asked what team I followed, so I said Leicester, and there was a pause. The silence felt a bit tense, and then he said what do you think to Brendan Rodgers as your new manager, and it dawned on me that I could be talking to a .... so I just said it "you're not a Celtic fan are you?" 

"Aw Nae I'm a Rangers fan, so I'm happy you've got him"

Relief. :)

Anyway, about time we gave Bournemouth a good 3-0 drubbing. 

• Haha 1