Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Former Player Remembers: Garry Parker

41 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

Never used to tackle for us, then his 1st tackle in months against Madrid got him a yellow card and then got a 2nd for taking a quick free kick from the most bent ref ever.

Travesty, that ref had definitely took a bung, MON was animated at the best of times but this game took things to another level!!!

loved Gary Parker, a wonderful passer of the ball and a key member of the squad that brought the good times back to Filbo.

Happy Days.

Definitely one of the most technically gifted players we've had at the club in my time. So comfortable on the ball and a perfect foil for Lennon and Izzet. What a midfield that was! I remember in the play off final v Palace, the three of them absolutely dominated the game against a team that had finished maybe 10 points ahead of us in the regular season. If we had had all 3 of them for the full season I'm sure we'd have ended up as champions. No surprise that they went on to be so effective in the PL too.

• Like 1

Anyone remember that unbelievable clearance he did where he was penned in by the corner flag facing the byline and managed to flick it up twice before managing an overhead kick? Hope I'm not misremembering that, but remember being in awe watching that on a season review VHS when I was a kid.

On 21/03/2019 at 11:55, rico said:

Was behind the goal at Stoke when he smashed in the winner in the Play Off Semi Final

Me too and I'd got a ticket in with a mate with the Stoke crowd as it's all we could get, the most venomous set of supporters I've been with ... and that was before we kicked off. As we walked out with them afterwards to the car it wasn't until a pub about 10 miles later we felt able to cheer ???

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Me too and I'd got a ticket in with a mate with the Stoke crowd as it's all we could get, the most venomous set of supporters I've been with ... and that was before we kicked off. As we walked out with them afterwards to the car it wasn't until a pub about 10 miles later we felt able to cheer ???

I walked out the ground with my mum and dad, completely oblivious to the angry looking young men hanging around until my dad suggested I might want to stop grinning. lol 

• Haha 1

On 21/03/2019 at 12:09, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Travesty, that ref had definitely took a bung, MON was animated at the best of times but this game took things to another level!!!

loved Gary Parker, a wonderful passer of the ball and a key member of the squad that brought the good times back to Filbo.

Happy Days.

Says it all when MON called him a cheat, suggesting a fix, and after an investigation eufa let him off without charge. I think the ref never officiated a European match again.

• Like 1