Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Caglar Soyuncu

1 hour ago, LinekersApples said:

His mistake wasn’t the pen, it was inexplicably squaring it to an unmarked centre forward!

I think he’s a good player, but it still amazes me when professionals (& internationals at that) don’t do the basics. 

Show me a player in our Squad that never makes an inexplicable mistake.  

• Like 1

The point I was trying to make that we should not jump on Caglar for every mistake as he is young and needs time to learn. Our older CB’s have had several bomb scare moments this season including 2 Reds for Wes and 1 for Mags.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

His mistake wasn’t the pen, it was inexplicably squaring it to an unmarked centre forward!

I think he’s a good player, but it still amazes me when professionals (& internationals at that) don’t do the basics. 

Yeah having watched it back and everyone going on about his mistake I assumed they meant the penalty but I must've completely missed his pass - a bit reckless and I do worry he has that in him. The penalty isn't on him at all, Ndidi's pass is poor and Soyuncu's actually recovered, a shocking decision.

I think he's a bit of a David Luiz. A good player but will build up a harsh reputation because he does have that rick in him and he does look quite funny. I like him though and I'd keep him in the team this weekend.

• Like 1

On 08/04/2019 at 18:59, LinekersApples said:

I have been running an analysis programme of mistakes.  Jakupovic has made the least.

Clearly your program doesn't include U23 games in its analysis then :ph34r:

On 08/04/2019 at 19:05, mozartfox said:

The point I was trying to make that we should not jump on Caglar for every mistake as he is young and needs time to learn. Our older CB’s have had several bomb scare moments this season including 2 Reds for Wes and 1 for Mags.

Exactly - the lad has barely had a look in all season and is young and playing in a new league.

Evans, Maguire and Morgan have all been shocking at times during this season. I think Soyuncu has shown enough to warrant his continued development here!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, oadby.fox said:

Exactly - the lad has barely had a look in all season and is young and playing in a new league.

Evans, Maguire and Morgan have all been shocking at times during this season. I think Soyuncu has shown enough to warrant his continued development here!

Hopefully, Caglar and Benko are given every opportunity next season.

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fenerbahce sporting director apparently coming over this week to discuss possible loan of Soyuncu next season, imagine him and Benkovic going out on loan will heavily depend on whether Maguire stays, can’t imagine we would let both out on loan as well even if Maguire stays

http://sportwitness.co.uk/director-flying-england-week-leicester-city-transfer-talks-wants-foxes-player/

Fcuk sake, if he is to go on loan please get him out to a better league than that, he'd be better off back at Freiburg. We really are making a pigs ear of this. Maguire will end up staying and Benkovic and Soyuncu will regret ever joining us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fcuk sake, if he is to go on loan please get him out to a better league than that, he'd be better off back at Freiburg. We really are making a pigs ear of this. Maguire will end up staying and Benkovic and Soyuncu will regret ever joining us.

Wes is only 36 at the turn of the year - so no problem.

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

It's like throwing good fortune down the toilet. If I was either one of them I would be on the horn to my agent to get me the f22k out of here. On the other hand it is "Sports Witness" a drama Queen special.

2 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I absolutely love Cag. He's one of the best natural tacklers I've ever seen, he has good anticipation and he's good on the ball. Just needs to calm down his decision making a bit for this league.

Totally agree. This lad is quality. No way should we be loaning him out. I know he's made a couple of big errors but his positioning is good, he's strong for his age and he can pass. Should develop with us and not elsewhere. 

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

Maguire is FAR FAR FAR more prone to mistakes than Evans..People seem to turn a blind eye to Maguires positional mistakes because he makes good attacking runs from the back.

I don't disagree that Maguire is mistake prone defensively, but you undersell his upside. 

Interesting this as Rodgers done an interview with a newspaper saying he's open to Benkovic coming back on loan to Celtic next season.  If Soyuncu goes out on loan also then it leaves you quite thin at the back, don't see the logic in that.  Probably having to go out and buy a CB when you have potentially two very able deputies out on loan that you've paid a lot of money for.