Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Caglar Soyuncu

Fotomac claim Fenerbahce are interested in signing Leicester City central defender Caglar Soyuncu less than a year after signing for the Foxes.

With Martin Skrtel set to leave the Turkish club following a disagreement over a new contract it’s reported Fenerbahce are in the market for his replacement, and Soyuncu looks to be an option for the Yellow Canaries.

According to Fotomac, the Super Lig club are looking to loan Soyuncu from Leicester City and they are ready to use their good relations with the Premier League side. Last summer they loaned Islam Slimani, although that’s been something of a disaster.

The former Altinordu academy graduate joined Leicester City from Bundesliga outfit Freiburg at the start of the season but injuries and adapting to the English game has limited him to just 5 Premier League appearances.

With Brendan Rodgers favouring the likes of Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire and Wes Morgan, it’s clearly hoped it Turkey that the 22 year old may need to go out on loan next season to get first team football.

The optimism may be misplaced.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-want-loan-deal-leicester-city-summer-signing/

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Fotomac claim Fenerbahce are interested in signing Leicester City central defender Caglar Soyuncu less than a year after signing for the Foxes.

With Martin Skrtel set to leave the Turkish club following a disagreement over a new contract it’s reported Fenerbahce are in the market for his replacement, and Soyuncu looks to be an option for the Yellow Canaries.

According to Fotomac, the Super Lig club are looking to loan Soyuncu from Leicester City and they are ready to use their good relations with the Premier League side. Last summer they loaned Islam Slimani, although that’s been something of a disaster.

The former Altinordu academy graduate joined Leicester City from Bundesliga outfit Freiburg at the start of the season but injuries and adapting to the English game has limited him to just 5 Premier League appearances.

With Brendan Rodgers favouring the likes of Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire and Wes Morgan, it’s clearly hoped it Turkey that the 22 year old may need to go out on loan next season to get first team football.

The optimism may be misplaced.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-want-loan-deal-leicester-city-summer-signing/

Hmm I dont recall him ever being injured? Or am i having a blond moment? Was always under the impression that at 1st he needed to learn better English and then Wes was preferred choice. 

27 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm I dont recall him ever being injured? Or am i having a blond moment? Was always under the impression that at 1st he needed to learn better English and then Wes was preferred choice. 

I recall that when he signed he was injured, but I don't think he was injured again after that. 

• Thanks 1

With Morgan signing on for another year, I think it's inevitable Soyuncu goes out on loan, even if we sell Maguire. Benkovic is doing well at Celtic and has played for the manager so surely becomes the 3rd / 4th choice, possibly even better than that.

Soyuncu might eventually be a player that never makes it here due to not getting an opportunity, but I think this time round it was smarter to buy cover in case Maguire went instead of repeating the Drinkwater / Silva situation again. And if he does come good, well that's a bonus for us. I thought he looked decent when he's played given he's not used to the league or the country.

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Stop posting shit from Sport Witness.

How many times do I have to say that SportWitness aren't a news website. They're a news aggregator. They repost articles in paraphrased English and cite sources.

The first word of the article is their source, and a link to the article. They're nothing like HITC or similar trash, they actually do a good, and useful job.

... come on.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

With Morgan signing on for another year, I think it's inevitable Soyuncu goes out on loan, even if we sell Maguire. Benkovic is doing well at Celtic and has played for the manager so surely becomes the 3rd / 4th choice, possibly even better than that.

Soyuncu might eventually be a player that never makes it here due to not getting an opportunity, but I think this time round it was smarter to buy cover in case Maguire went instead of repeating the Drinkwater / Silva situation again. And if he does come good, well that's a bonus for us. I thought he looked decent when he's played given he's not used to the league or the country.

Benkovic must start next season or there will be trouble ahead.

Clearly got something about him but if we're gonna loan him out I'm sure a decent Bundesliga club would jump at the chance.

He's had a wasted year, really – obviously needed time to adapt but I just have a gut feeling we haven't handled him very well and you'd have thought Benkovic will be above him in the pecking order next year.

• Like 3

I thought he looked decent but raw whenever he's played. Loan out would be very beneficial but not sure if there's any point loaning to the Turkish League. I'd much rather he went to an upper championship/lower prem side.

Bear in mind he was carrying an injury when he joined and signed at the deadline, meaning he had no preseason with us. Add in he didn’t speak a word of English and I think next season we’ll see a more polished player. I think he’s got plenty of potential and we’ll look to develop him ourselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovejoy said:

Bear in mind he was carrying an injury when he joined and signed at the deadline, meaning he had no preseason with us. Add in he didn’t speak a word of English and I think next season we’ll see a more polished player. I think he’s got plenty of potential and we’ll look to develop him ourselves.

:appl: Well said.  He plays for Turkey fgs - they are not Scotland.   He just needs to be given a chance.

3 minutes ago, sylofox said:

This ain't happening as Mags is going utd. If we loan soy out we would need to buy another CB. 

United? Really? Not sure he’s in their radar any longer unless you know something from your sauce?