Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Caglar Soyuncu

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

Maguire is FAR FAR FAR more prone to mistakes than Evans..People seem to turn a blind eye to Maguires positional mistakes because he makes good attacking runs from the back.

I totally agree,  only the starstruck would see Maguire as the better defender of the two at this point in time. There's hardly any disgrace in that though given Evans age and vast experience. His reading of the game and positioning is far superior and he also has to cover for Harry when he goes walkabout. They make a good pairing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, woznotwos said:

I was under the impression 40 was the stumbling block

He said should be enough, doesn’t mean that’s what we’ll offer. 

I don’t know what the club will pay but id personally be happy with a deal of around 25mil with 5-10 mil in add ons depending on CL qualification Fa Cup success etc, plus Silva then maybe even Soyuncu on loan for the year if we’re feeling generous. 

If Monaco go down then hopefully the fee will reduce by 5-10 mil

45 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Only a bias small point...But I would love to see this forum support even trust our fringe,maybe to become 1st team players...

Instead of copping out every time,and suggest loaning players..Next season is Soyu season IMO to be given his reigns

Evans is the cover...Benkovic has to prove himself...I don't believe having Maguire/Evans/Soyu/Benko with Morgan in the background,

Is too many CBs,for a side that want to chase down top 5....

Unlike some I like and rate Maguire,but he still has to compete for his spot....

On Soyu...and trying discuss/analysing  a few slip ups,is IMO total nonsence...far too early in the young CBs career...

plus all CBs make mistakes...nature of the beast!!

Our best CB is cover? 

I agree on keeping Soyuncu but Evans rightfully should and probably will be starting next season. He has been brilliant! 

If Maguire stays, I would give Soyuncu a loan move and have him back ready for us in 20/21 season once Wes has gone and possibly Maguire too (if stays now)

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Our best CB is cover? 

I agree on keeping Soyuncu but Evans rightfully should and probably will be starting next season. He has been brilliant! 

If Maguire stays, I would give Soyuncu a loan move and have him back ready for us in 20/21 season once Wes has gone and possibly Maguire too (if stays now)

I'm happy to see one of our CB's sold on BR's recommendation.

We have overkill in there with five first team CB's. Evans is almost certain to stay so if Maguire doesn't leave then we'll have two expensive, young and highly promising CB's kicking their heels for a second season. If we can get our money back on Soyuncu by involving him in a trade for Tielemans with Silva it could solve a few problems. Soyuncu has looked good so far but seems to have a mistake in him perhaps if Jardim is that keen on him for Monaco we could trade Silva & Soyuncu for Tielemans especially if there is little interest in Yourri from elite level clubs?

I'm happy for BR to make that call. 

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

I'm happy to see one of our CB's sold on BR's recommendation.

We have overkill in there with five first team CB's. Evans is almost certain to stay so if Maguire doesn't leave then we'll have two expensive, young and highly promising CB's kicking their heels for a second season. If we can get our money back on Soyuncu by involving him in a trade for Tielemans with Silva it could solve a few problems. Soyuncu has looked good so far but seems to have a mistake in him perhaps if Jardim is that keen on him for Monaco we could trade Silva & Soyuncu for Tielemans especially if there is little interest in Yourri from elite level clubs?

I'm happy for BR to make that call. 

To be fair so has Evans and its only with constant game time he has improved. 

You could argue that Evans is the more experienced which is 100% true but then he isnt going to be around in a few years time and if we can bring Soyuncu upto a level where he makes less mistakes then he will be the bigger asset. I honestly dont see a point in selling unless we know for sure Maguire stays. 

However if its a make or break to get Youri then it would be a smart move, but i dont think it is. It will go down to what other clubs are after him and who will pay the most ££ 

On 18/05/2019 at 19:14, STUHILL said:

Our best CB is cover? 

We want to start to build the BLine,yes Evans IMO has been turning out top performances.......but we need to see if our young charges can kickstart start their

Pl- careers,having Evans,in  both cover,but first there,  to give Benkovic and Soyuncu the challenge and competitition,including if he stays Maguire!!!

A few years ago we were desperate for a group of quality CBs,now we have them we don't want to waste that advantage....

I am open..if Evans becomes top man I am ok with that,but also I want those young charges given motivation in being handed the gameday shirt!!

If Maguire eventually leaves,then Evans take a knock( he is injury prone),then we are back from where we started....up the creek without a PL proven

CB paddle...

40 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We want to start to build the BLine,yes Evans IMO has been turning out top performances.......but we need to see if our young charges can kickstart start their

Pl- careers,having Evans,in  both cover,but first there,  to give Benkovic and Soyuncu the challenge and competitition,including if he stays Maguire!!!

A few years ago we were desperate for a group of quality CBs,now we have them we don't want to waste that advantage....

I am open..if Evans becomes top man I am ok with that,but also I want those young charges given motivation in being handed the gameday shirt!!

If Maguire eventually leaves,then Evans take a knock( he is injury prone),then we are back from where we started....up the creek without a PL proven

CB paddle...

Morgan has been given another year so we won't be.

CB is easily our strongest position. You could make a case for any of them starting.

The last game Soyuncu played for city was outstanding, apart from giving the ball away with city nearly conceding. But he only gave the ball away just the once this time, so he is definitely improving. I think Rodgers can work wonders with ever smiling Soyuncu.

• Like 1

On 18/05/2019 at 17:02, LCFC FOX said:

Silva + 40million + Soyuncu on loan for a season should be enough for Tielemans right?

I think Silva + Soyuncu on loan + £25m is a more realistic figure and I’d be delighted with that tbh

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Just now, Suzie the Fox said:

Smashing news we have rejected offers, for me he is one for the future... i really like him :D 

Me too! I am sure he will get plenty of opportunity to play if he gets a slot as third choice CB (which he should have, in my opinion). Both HM and Jonny are prone to picking up niggly injuries and needing the odd match off. With those matches and starting cup games, I am sure he will get a lot more opportunity this year. 

• Like 1