Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Caglar Soyuncu

22 hours ago, davieG said:

Fotomac claim Fenerbahce are interested in signing Leicester City central defender Caglar Soyuncu less than a year after signing for the Foxes.

With Martin Skrtel set to leave the Turkish club following a disagreement over a new contract it’s reported Fenerbahce are in the market for his replacement, and Soyuncu looks to be an option for the Yellow Canaries.

According to Fotomac, the Super Lig club are looking to loan Soyuncu from Leicester City and they are ready to use their good relations with the Premier League side. Last summer they loaned Islam Slimani, although that’s been something of a disaster.

The former Altinordu academy graduate joined Leicester City from Bundesliga outfit Freiburg at the start of the season but injuries and adapting to the English game has limited him to just 5 Premier League appearances.

With Brendan Rodgers favouring the likes of Jonny Evans, Harry Maguire and Wes Morgan, it’s clearly hoped it Turkey that the 22 year old may need to go out on loan next season to get first team football.

The optimism may be misplaced.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-want-loan-deal-leicester-city-summer-signing/

With Maguire going to United (?!), we will be picking 2 (or 3, if using wing backs) from Evans, Benkovic & Sunch (oh and Big Wes, for some games).

I know he made a bad error in the Cardiff game but otherwise I thought he looked really accomplished. From what I've seen he looks a real talent. Give him the job of filling in for Maguire if Slabhead leaves for United.

• Like 2

I'd put him in the team now and assess if he can handle the Premiership.

He is a good player that's a given, But coping with the physical side of the premiership remains to be seen. Weren't Arsenal looking to buy him when we stepped in and bought him.?.

Another option is that we sign Boyata who's Contract is up at Celtic and pair him up again with Benkovic.

Then it's likely he'll go back to Turkey, but I don't see that happening as he's keen to be a success here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

He'll be disappointed with his game time this season but I wouldn't be looking to loan him out.

Was this year more an adaption year? Given we had Evans, Mags and Morgan, he's young and has spent the year adapting to a new culture, language and club.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we do loan him, I hope it is to Leeds if they get promoted

and Bielsa stays.

Providing we sell Maguire, we could have Evans and Benkovik next season, with Amartey, Morgan and a u23 as cover.

I wouldn't mind if someone wants to give us our money back for him. We could develop Josh Knight and put the money towards a striker.

• Like 1

Thought he played well yesterday and looks comfortable on the ball especially the Maguire like run at the beginning, unlucky with the penalty as he got the ball first and then stepped on his foot. :thumbup:

Think he needs a haircut though... :P

He seems to play well but does have a mistake in him, although in fairness to him that was never a penalty, recovered from his error and was penalised for it.

That run he went on in the first half was excellent.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Leeds if they're promoted are perfect. Amazing manager, high-tempo aggressive attacking possession football.

IF Maguire is to stay this summer, I could see a loan move like this happening for Soyuncu. 

Truthfully I don’t think the board expected Wes to play as well as he has this year, which earnt him another year. But I would imagine next season will definitely be his last with us. That then frees a slot for Soyuncu after hopefully a successful loan spell the year before.

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He seems to play well but does have a mistake in him, although in fairness to him that was never a penalty, recovered from his error and was penalised for it.

That run he went on in the first half was excellent.

His mistake wasn’t the pen, it was inexplicably squaring it to an unmarked centre forward!

I think he’s a good player, but it still amazes me when professionals (& internationals at that) don’t do the basics.