Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

Maguire : I would really love to play for team A but don't want to disrespect LCFC so I won't put in a transfer request

LCFC : Thank you for your honesty and if Team A met our valuation of X we will allow you to leave

Maguire : What if a team other than Team A meet the valuation

LCFC : Then moving to them would be disrespectful and you would have to put in a transfer request which would be treated accordingly 

You can probably fill in the blanks 

Obviously Team A is Man City.

The club can be tough, basically telling Maguire if Man Utd meet our valuation then Maguire will have to forego his percentage of the transfer fee as the club will only allow him to go via transfer request. The club will squeeze every last penny out of this deal from every source. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Obviously Team A is Man City.

The club can be tough, basically telling Maguire if Man Utd meet our valuation then Maguire will have to forego his percentage of the transfer fee as the club will only allow him to go via transfer request. The club will squeeze every last penny out of this deal from every source. 

Guessed  the same. Man Utd really are having a sh*t show of a time of it at the moment.

2 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Maguire : I would really love to play for team A but don't want to disrespect LCFC so I won't put in a transfer request

LCFC : Thank you for your honesty and if Team A met our valuation of X we will allow you to leave

Maguire : What if a team other than Team A meet the valuation

LCFC : Then moving to them would be disrespectful and you would have to put in a transfer request which would be treated accordingly 

You can probably fill in the blanks 

Don’t quite understand this. Why is it disrespectful to go to one club rather than the other if they meet the valuation?

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Don’t quite understand this. Why is it disrespectful to go to one club rather than the other if they meet the valuation?

If Harry wants to go to team A, it's about the team. But if team B want him for the same price, and he fancies that too, then it's about the money.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

If Harry wants to go to team A, it's about the team. But if team B want him for the same price, and he fancies that too, then it's about the money.

Both clubs are huge global entities though, you can’t deny that. 

Just now, KFS said:

It's irrelevant what I deny or agree to, I was answering the question posed and trying to explain the standpoint. He either wants to go to Man City specifically and no other, or he wants to leave for a shedload of cash, wherever it is coming from.

1 minute ago, KFS said:

But one is almost a shoe-in to win trophies with increasing notoriety, the other is a global red dogs dinner which offer cock all but cash.

6 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I would guess it’s as simple as he wants to go to Manchester City

and then has said “but if Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal / Spurs bid for me maybe them as well 

now that is disrespectful 

plain for all to see

• Like 1

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

It's irrelevant what I deny or agree to, I was answering the question posed and trying to explain the standpoint. He either wants to go to Man City specifically and no other, or he wants to leave for a shedload of cash, wherever it is coming from.

This is the second post in as many days that I’ve had replied on the defensive. Are you lot alright? Lighten up FoxesTalk...

My point is money isn’t the only factor here, in my view. He’s an ambitious lad and has wanted to grow his brand and stature every year he’s been in the game. Money is a factor but we were always a stepping stone, just like Hull and Sheff Utd.

Honestly don't care what happens with maguire. If he lines up for us next season then great, if he ends up elsewhere then so be it. I think we have enough depth to do just fine without him, so if we get the money we want then I'm happy to say thank you, goodbye and good luck to the lad. I'll applaud him when he returns to the KP for whoever he ends up at, how he's dealt with this is far more professional and respectful than most footballers so for the price we're asking I'll fail to be sad if he goes. Hopefully this ridiculous price tag will show the so called big boys we're not just going to bow down to their every whim and if they want our players they're gonna have to pay well over the odds for them. 

14 minutes ago, KFS said:

This is the second post in as many days that I’ve had replied on the defensive. Are you lot alright? Lighten up FoxesTalk...

My point is money isn’t the only factor here, in my view. He’s an ambitious lad and has wanted to grow his brand and stature every year he’s been in the game. Money is a factor but we were always a stepping stone, just like Hull and Sheff Utd.

Not defensive at all - it's just you asked me something directly, and I was trying to explain an inference to someone else. Your point is well made, but it doesn't cover the point Ramadaone made. The club will take the money if it is from the club Harry explicitly wants, and will squeeze him if not.

20 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

and then has said “but if Man U / Liverpool / Arsenal / Spurs bid for me maybe them as well 

plain for all to see

I agree with this ........... I can appreciate a top player wanting to go to Man City.   The others become a pure financial call (arsenal or yanited) and if he forgoes a big loyalty bonus to move now then he may as well see out a further year here and go next summer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cal21212121 said:

Honestly don't care what happens with maguire. If he lines up for us next season then great, if he ends up elsewhere then so be it. I think we have enough depth to do just fine without him, so if we get the money we want then I'm happy to say thank you, goodbye and good luck to the lad. I'll applaud him when he returns to the KP for whoever he ends up at, how he's dealt with this is far more professional and respectful than most footballers so for the price we're asking I'll fail to be sad if he goes. Hopefully this ridiculous price tag will show the so called big boys we're not just going to bow down to their every whim and if they want our players they're gonna have to pay well over the odds for them. 

Thats fair. Myself, I’d rather keep him for another season until Bekovic and Soyunco are ready to step in which it would appear is not the case right now. As a result I do think some people underestimate what he brings to the side. (Not saying you do) 

41 minutes ago, Keiriel said:

He wants to go to City but would take United. He's not happy with our valuation.

Also, I am quite sure we have to pay up the remainder of his contract if he doesn't put in a transfer request.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

plain for all to see

Complete and utter codswallop !

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Thats fair. Myself, I’d rather keep him for another season until Bekovic and Soyunco are ready to step in which it would appear is not the case right now. As a result I do think some people underestimate what he brings to the side. (Not saying you do) 

I agree he has a lot to offer, but what we'd lose in Maguire with his commanding physicality and composure on the ball we can make up with a bit more pace, a tighter turning circle than a bus, and better on pitch communication and leadership. What I don't want is an extended transfer saga. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Micky said:

He wants to go to City but would take United. He's not happy with our valuation.

Also, I am quite sure we have to pay up the remainder of his contract if he doesn't put in a transfer request.

We have to pay up the remainder of his contract. If true, he can sit it out until we get whatever money we see fit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

They’ll realise that Swanny when we play Manure and he makes a bursting run from the back, lays the ball to Rashford, who slams it into the net ..  

• Like 1