Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

So some deluded Man Utd fans recon they didn’t go in for Tielemans to keep us happy so we’d let them have Maguire, not that the fact Youri wanted to sign for us because he loves this club and appreciates the chance we gave him bringing him in on loan when he was at a low point in his career and took a chance on him ?

Really hope we finish above these deluded idiots end of next season !!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1150917/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-Leicester-conspiracy-theory-Youri-Tielemans

Fvck knows why fans of other clubs think they’re arrogant ! 

I think the coming season will see their arrogance eroded dramatically. Everything is cyclical. They just enjoyed a long run at the top, as did Liverpool in the 70’s and 80’s. when you fall it is often a long way back. 

• Like 1

On 08/07/2019 at 14:11, Lambert09 said:

Would you accept Lukaku and 25 mill? People seem to forget just how good RL is because he's been playing at that toxic club. 

No Lukaku is terrible.

Rashford is their only striker of note.

Also given i value maguire at 70-90 mill, no way is Lukaku worth circa 50 million.

Finally we have signed a new striker already in perez who has a similar conversion rate to vardy.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

No Lukaku is terrible.

Rashford is their only striker of note.

Also given i value maguire at 70-90 mill, no way is Lukaku worth circa 50 million.

Finally we have signed a new striker already in perez who has a similar conversion rate to vardy.

lukaku at 26 and 100 plus goals. yeah he's awful.

• Like 1

The longer they leave it the less chance they have of getting Maguire. Can't see Top letting him go without a replacement 100% in place. Man Utd should get their wallet out and pay the asking price or be told to sling their hook. 

7 minutes ago, copunk said:

It just shows what a great position our club is in to have spent 70 odd million pound on 2 players within the last week and we can still turn down offers of 70 mill plus for one player, we all know it but at times it still doesnt sink in what absolute incredible owners we have, i pinch myself sometimes to have been through years of absolute dross to be able to be in the position we are in now, unreal 

well said lad. Its so refreshing to know that relegation is looking more and more less threatening each season aswell, Always had a moment of dread after every start of the season. The YT latest interview was another brilliant insight on players belief of the club and its potential for the future, nothing is more certain about the state of the club more than coming from the players themselves. I have a feeling that Maguire will be staying this season, Money is not something we need, and as of today LCFC is the most attractive club in the premier league for players who want success.

Edited by Simoken
  • Like 1

I think he'll probably go, but I also think he may end up regretting it. Solskjaer is exhibiting the early signs of a manager who is destined to fail - attacking the media in press conferences, criticising the fans, making subtle digs about his lack of support from the board - and most Man Utd fans I know think the club made a mistake in appointing him permanently. I can't see them challenging for the top four next season, and they may even drop out of the top six. They're a big club, but they're a mess at the moment. By contrast, this is a very good moment for us - challenging for the top six is a very realistic aim for us this season, possibly even the top four. Maguire is young enough to get his dream move later if he wants. I think he'd be mad to join Man Utd right now, but I get the feeling that's what he's going to do.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Simoken said:

well said lad. Its so refreshing to know that relegation is looking more and more less threatening each season aswell, Always had a moment of dread after every start of the season. The YT latest interview was another brilliant insight on players belief of the club and its potential for the future, nothing is more certain about the state of the club more than coming from the players themselves. I have a feeling that Maguire will be staying this season, Money is not something we need, and as of today LCFC is the most attractive club in the premier league for players who want success.

What?

It seems the two clubs are about £15-20m  apart in their valuations atm. 

I can see a deal being done, possibly by using add-ons to smooth over the difference. I reckon £80-85m would do it.

I don’t want to see him go, but provided he’s the only one I would understand the decision to sell at that price.