Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Could be complete rubbish but continues the story that we won't sell for anuthing below what we value Harry at.

As long as Harry understands that he is free to go should there be a bid matching our value, otherwise he signed a new deal last year and needs to honour it.

Probably heard it here

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9452135/man-utd-harry-maguire-transfer-city-leicester/

Never read so.much newspaper bull in all my life over Harry. The main culprits are the Mail, Express and Sun. The story changes daily and no word from the club or Harry himself. 

Harry is clearly just taking it easy and preparing to go off to the training camp on Monday. Sadly the internet has allowed these clowns to post what they like when they like and looking at some of the FT comments we seem to be getting brainwashed with it all. 

16 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Fair enough, but all I’m saying is that if the club don’t want him to go (personally I would prefer he didn’t if finances allow) then they should just say no. If they are prepared to let him go for a a certain amount then it doesn’t really matter where unless there’s some strategic benefit in one club over another, such as not MU because we’re more likely to be in direct competition.

I’m not trying to convince anyone, just have a different opinion.

OK but either way, it makes sense for us to try and block him moving to utd for the very reason you say. It seems there's a good chance we could be competing directly with utd for places 3 through 6 this season whereas it's less likely that we will be competing with city for top spot, therefore its fair strategy to have a lower selling price for city than utd. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Leicester this week dismissed United’s £70m offer of cash plus players, one of which was Argie defender Marcos Rojo.

Absolute car crash of a defender.

I'm probably gonna be laughed at for this but I'd be ok with £70-75m + Phil Jones or Smalling, especially if Benkovic has injury issues. I think both of them could do ok like Evans has, coming out of the poisonous situation and constant excessive criticism they get at Old Trafford. Phil Jones was highly rated by Fergie but to me looks like someone who is at rock bottom in terms of confidence and in need of a fresh start. 

Edited by ROB-THE-BLUE
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Never read so.much newspaper bull in all my life over Harry. The main culprits are the Mail, Express and Sun. The story changes daily and no word from the club or Harry himself. 

Harry is clearly just taking it easy and preparing to go off to the training camp on Monday. Sadly the internet has allowed these clowns to post what they like when they like and looking at some of the FT comments we seem to be getting brainwashed with it all. 

You were seriously expecting quality journalism from those rags? :crylaugh:

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ithuriel said:

But we would have to replace him and that takes time, so there is most probably a cut off point at which we will not sell regardless.

Drinkwater. But who says we are replacing him for definite if he leaves. 

What some Man Utd fan said about Harry Maguire in some Manc Facebook page  !!

Bob Heywood
To slow can’t play the ball out from defence that’s why city never really wanted him and just kept trotting the price up

Obviously not seen Harry play much !:frusty:

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Could be complete rubbish but continues the story that we won't sell for anuthing below what we value Harry at.

As long as Harry understands that he is free to go should there be a bid matching our value, otherwise he signed a new deal last year and needs to honour it.

I would prefer if top told rudkin, tell bidders he is not for sale and I dont want to be contacted at all about them.

If we could afford his wages, we should offer Man U a swap deal for Lukaku. We've said for a while we need a Vardy replacement in the long term and if we could get Lukaku back to his Everton form, hes one of the best in the league. Not sure he'd come here though and not sure we could accommodate Vardy and Lukaku in the same team in the short term. 

2 hours ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Absolute car crash of a defender.

I'm probably gonna be laughed at for this but I'd be ok with £70-75m + Phil Jones or Smalling, especially if Benkovic has injury issues. I think both of them could do ok like Evans has, coming out of the poisonous situation and constant excessive criticism they get at Old Trafford. Phil Jones was highly rated by Fergie but to me looks like someone who is at rock bottom in terms of confidence and in need of a fresh start. 

For what it is worth, I agree

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Evidently the club have told Harry that we will accept a sufficient bid from one buyer .......... 

Chinese whisperdently, every so called quote in the media seems to have come from this website. 

9 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Chinese whisperdently, every so called quote in the media seems to have come from this website. 

In reality there are no such things as Chinese Whispers.  

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

What do the Chinese call it?

The Chinese never whisper- Trust me I have first hand knowledge.

If a swap deal was involved, alongside a fee, wouldn't been keen on any of Jones, Rojo or Smalling.

All appear to be liabilities in their performances at times and rash in their tackles.