Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Would you accept Lukaku and 25 mill? People seem to forget just how good RL is because he's been playing at that toxic club. 

YES...partnering his Belgium team mate Tielemans, and not forget Belgium are currently No.1 in the FIFA Ranking...we would have a top world class team!! (and 25 millions in hand). Good business. But it won't happen.

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

No way is Lukaku worth £60m, assuming we’re holding out for £85m.

Let's be honest.  HM is not worth 85m either.  The whole transfer market has gone crazy.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Really? Belgiums 26 year old, first choice striker isnt worth 60m in this market? Inter are linked and its looking like they will pay around 75m for him. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Really? Belgiums 26 year old, first choice striker isnt worth 60m in this market? Inter are linked and its looking like they will pay around 75m for him. 

Fair enough then. 

If we were to sell Maguire for 90m, and we had always planned to, it has been excellent business by the club to make our key signings first, before clubs realise we have the extra cash on our hands.

If we sold Maguire now,  would it dampen the enthusiasm for next season? I dont think it would personally. So happy with the balance of our squad

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

This is exactly what Man Utd fans are saying about Maguire. Crazy what the big clubs are demanding for players nowadays, but high level football has become something of a gold mine in recent years and the big clubs will continue to exploit that. I think it would be more logical to compare his wages to our current players. No way is he worth more a week than Vardy and Maddison combined for example (you could probably add in another player or two to match what Lukaku earns).

32 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

This is exactly what Man Utd fans are saying about Maguire. Crazy what the big clubs are demanding for players nowadays, but high level football has become something of a gold mine in recent years and the big clubs will continue to exploit that. I think it would be more logical to compare his wages to our current players. No way is he worth more a week than Vardy and Maddison combined for example (you could probably add in another player or two to match what Lukaku earns).

I don’t for a second think that as a player Maguire is worth £85m. The difference is, Man Utd want Maguire, (as far as I’m aware), we don’t want to buy Lukaku. I wasn’t comparing them as players, but in relative value, is Lukaku worth 2/3s of Maguire? Probably not. Form, demand and potential are my reasons. 

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure if it has been said, but does Harry want to leave for Man Utd/City?

Likely both but only one would be allowed without a transfer request being needed 

we don’t know for sure which one he has indicated to the club initially 

4 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I think we pretty much know...

IKFA

I mean lots of paper talk about him wanting the move, but papers are, well.....

Sorry, media, nicotine papers....

Edited by Dahnsouff

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9464889/paul-pogba-and-jesse-lingard-appear-to-clash-at-man-utd-pre-season-training-session/amp/

Why would anyone want to join a club when this happens on a pre season tour? The club is a mess, if it was me I wouldnt want to be in that atmosphere. I also don't think solskjaer is there for very long. I can see the players turning on him as well. They just need to start again. Where as we are an exciting club wanting to go further and putting the money in to make that happen. 

Edited by fox_favourite

10 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9464889/paul-pogba-and-jesse-lingard-appear-to-clash-at-man-utd-pre-season-training-session/amp/

Why would anyone want to join a club when this happens on a pre season tour? The club is a mess, if it was me I wouldnt want to be in that atmosphere. I also don't think solskjaer is there for very long. I can see the players turning on him as well. They just need to start again. Where as we are an exciting club wanting to go further and putting the money in to make that happen. 

250k/week ?

you can cope with a lot with an extra 7.5m per year for each of the next five years in your back pocket  .......

So some deluded Man Utd fans recon they didn’t go in for Tielemans to keep us happy so we’d let them have Maguire, not that the fact Youri wanted to sign for us because he loves this club and appreciates the chance we gave him bringing him in on loan when he was at a low point in his career and took a chance on him ?

Really hope we finish above these deluded idiots end of next season !!

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1150917/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-Leicester-conspiracy-theory-Youri-Tielemans

20 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Didn't look serious at all. That's the thing though, these news outlets pump out hyped up headlines to garner clicks so they can rake in ad revenue. Thing is with ManU for as much of a mess they seem to be in, the more and more people predict they'll have a calamitous season the more I think they'll be alright, weirdly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

So some deluded Man Utd fans recon they didn’t go in for Tielemans to keep us happy so we’d let them have Maguire,

Ha Ha, Gee thanks Manu fans. You are decent people after all and we have all misjudged you over the years. Sorry......

25 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

250k/week ?

you can cope with a lot with an extra 7.5m per year for each of the next five years in your back pocket  .......

money might pull you in to a new job but it wont keep most people there. 

15 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

So some deluded Man Utd fans recon they didn’t go in for Tielemans to keep us happy so we’d let them have Maguire, not that the fact Youri wanted to sign for us because he loves this club and appreciates the chance we gave him bringing him in on loan when he was at a low point in his career and took a chance on him ?

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1150917/Man-Utd-transfer-news-Harry-Maguire-Leicester-conspiracy-theory-Youri-Tielemans

No saying it is accurate or not, but someone told me weeks ago that Leicester had warned MU that if they mess with the Tielemens deal then they can forget about buying MaGuire. 

We will never know if that was the case or not!

23 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Obviously it's atrocious from woodward then as maguire wouldn't be with the squad if he was going utd and a deal had been set up.

RedCafe at its best again:

"Maguire doesn't possess the quality to perform for a team that can finish any higher than fifth or only if very lucky fourth in the league. With his signing at most we're solidifying our current position and in all honesty that's the best case scenario"

Assume they're slating Maguire to soothe their ego for not being able to sign him from little Leicester.

• Like 3