Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

1 hour ago, Silva Fox said:

To paraphrase: no new bids today but LCFC being bombarded with agents touting potential replacements. Club insisting we don't need replacements because no offers received anywhere near our valuation.

This is a good indication that there are a good few players out there that want to come here. Gone are the days (for now at least) where we are scratching around and fighting with two or three other clubs to get a signature.  Genuinely believe there are a glut of players that want to be part of what we're building here even though we aren't in London or Manchester.

• Like 3

Since the summer of 2016 where we lost one of our three best players for £30 million and nearly lost another for £20 million, the owners are taking a tough stance on selling our assets, as they should. Exactly the right way to run the club- if you want our players, you have to spend big. No players running contracts down, we're in control.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Since the summer of 2016 where we lost one of our three best players for £30 million and nearly lost another for £20 million, the owners are taking a tough stance on selling our assets, as they should. Exactly the right way to run the club- if you want our players, you have to spend big. No players running contracts down, we're in control.

Times have changed for clubs like ours, we can afford to turn down such offers now and offer good wages ourselves 

11 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Noticed it wasn’t that nobber durham saying something good about leicester, will never forget after we lost to athletico that we ‘embarrassed english football’

He's a clown. Never mind that we went the furthest out of any British club that season.

• Like 1

Man Utd fans on their forum are discussing who is better out of Evans and Maguire.

Have to say based on the evidence from last season, Evans is superior in most departments. Maguire is better on the ball and has age on his side, thats it in my opinion.

Some quotes from their forum lol

That’s my point everyone is a risk, 90m for

someone who is arguably Leicester’s second best CB would probably be biggest of this window.’

‘Only an absolute fool would try and argue this come on.
Evans is better than him?! A guy we shipped out as being utter garbage and worse as an option than some of the players we're crying about now?’

Evans is better than Maguire? Best comedy site on the interwebs this.’

Edited by Shane

Obviously Maguire is worth way more than Evans based on age and raw ability.  He's more dangerous going forward and on set pieces.  He's a much more unique player.

But if you were a manager for a UCL final, say, and could only pick 1 position, one CB, not knowing the rest of the squad - would you want Maguire on the pitch over Evans?  I'm not sure I would.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Obviously Maguire is worth way more than Evans based on age and raw ability.  He's more dangerous going forward and on set pieces.  He's a much more unique player.

But if you were a manager for a UCL final, say, and could only pick 1 position, one CB, not knowing the rest of the squad - would you want Maguire on the pitch over Evans?  I'm not sure I would.

Are you sitting back playing for pens ? that’s the only time I might consider that.  It isn’t the way I want my team to play. 

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Maguire plays every day of the week. A lot of people on here just look at a few games at the end of last season and base everything on that. Evans took a long while to break into the team, and then took a while to settle in. Yes he played very well in the last few games. 

However Maguire was our player of the season in 2017/18. He’s not just good at being the ball forward. Yes he made a few mistakes last season, but form is temporary. He still had plenty of good games.

9 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Times have changed for clubs like ours, we can afford to turn down such offers now and offer good wages ourselves 

There aren't any.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Viva said:

Maguire plays every day of the week. A lot of people on here just look at a few games at the end of last season and base everything on that. Evans took a long while to break into the team, and then took a while to settle in. Yes he played very well in the last few games. 

However Maguire was our player of the season in 2017/18. He’s not just good at being the ball forward. Yes he made a few mistakes last season, but form is temporary. He still had plenty of good games.

Evans played very well for almost the entire season when he was healthy, not just the last few games.

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Evans played very well for almost the entire season when he was healthy, not just the last few games.

The most important part of your post

With benko also having questions over his reliability, we would need another CB unless we are happy  to start Wes in some PL games .....

14 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

‘GEntlesmans agreements ‘ totslly disgusting from journalist with no morals. Putting pressure of top because of a made up agreemen . As if Maguire amen bis agent would let him sign a been 5 yr deal, if he wanted to leave then a release clause would have been inserted. Totally disgusting imo 

Halfway through reading this I checked your username for spelling mistakes.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The most important part of your post

With benko also having questions over his reliability, we would need another CB unless we are happy  to start Wes in some PL games .....

If he is alongside Evans then Wes is perfectly fine for a few games. If we lose Evans we're in far bigger trouble than if we lose Maguire. Evans is a leader and an organiser something Maguire is not and that's far more valuable defensively than being comfortable playing the ball out from the back.

• Like 4

Guest Markyblue
8 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Twitter at its finest... . :yesyes:

B64B2552-C17A-42AE-8E04-61EBC866050D.png

Free the king# even if he didn't contribute that much to the title winning season,  due to not being here.but he is a fantadtic player .?