Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Has Harry actually developed significantly since when he first arrived? Or is it we've been the platform his career needed at this time? For me I think it's been the latter which makes me wonder why United want to spend so much on him?!

• Like 3

If Harry goes, why do we need to pay £40 mil or any amount for a “replacement”? We already bought two decent CBs last summer plus we have Evans and Morgan still. Save the money for a creative midfielder (besides Tielemans) - I am still not convinced Maddison is it. Or a really good DM who is as good as Ndidi in tackling but can make a pass or hold the ball up - eg. Kante!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

If Harry goes, why do we need to pay £40 mil or any amount for a “replacement”? We already bought two decent CBs last summer plus we have Evans and Morgan still. Save the money for a creative midfielder (besides Tielemans) - I am still not convinced Maddison is it. Or a really good DM who is as good as Ndidi in tackling but can make a pass or hold the ball up - eg. Kante!

I'm not certain on the quality of Benkovic or Soyuncu, I don't think we'd be in a crisis is Maguire left but I'd prefer to bring in an experienced Premier League centre back.

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Don't thank me. Thank the Urban Spaceman :appl: He's the one who did all the work. I don't know how he has the patience to sort out this crap.

Doing the heavy lifting so we don't have to. :)

Don’t thank me I was profoundly bored. 

I'm the Urban Spaceman, baby
I've got speed
I've got everything I need
I can fly
I'm a supersonic guy

I don't need pleasure
I don't feel pain
If you were to knock me down
I'd just get up again
I'm making out
I'm all about

I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place

I'm the Urban Spaceman
I'm intelligent and clean
Know what I mean?
I'm the Urban Spaceman
As a lover, second to none
It's a lot of fun

I never let my friends down
I've never made a boob
I'm a glossy magazine, an advert in the tube
I'm the Urban Spaceman, baby, here comes the twist
I don't exist.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie

I think BR will manage to keep the squad together this season at least, with the promise that they will re-asses depending on how successful we are.

All of our desirable players are tied down to decent, long-term contracts, and we don't need to sell. Most of the first team have got plenty of years ahead of them too, and a lot of confidence with how the season ended, a pre-season with BR, no european distraction, and the likes of Tileman signing on a permanent and Perez joining really strengthens us. I can't see Maddison, Maguire, or Pierrera, or Chillwell leaving this summer

:scarf:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Has Harry actually developed significantly since when he first arrived? Or is it we've been the platform his career needed at this time? For me I think it's been the latter which makes me wonder why United want to spend so much on him?!

I think you’re correct we’re a platform for players to thrive I’ve not really rated Maguire for us except when he’s bought the ball out from the back I don’t think he’s a great defender if he joined United he’d be a disappointment with a massive price tag it’s hard to explain we’re not as good a side as Man Utd but imagine somebody like martial signing for us he’d be a cult hero instead of a bit part player

50 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

I think you’re correct we’re a platform for players to thrive I’ve not really rated Maguire for us except when he’s bought the ball out from the back I don’t think he’s a great defender if he joined United he’d be a disappointment with a massive price tag it’s hard to explain we’re not as good a side as Man Utd but imagine somebody like martial signing for us he’d be a cult hero instead of a bit part player

Still be French though :ph34r:

18 hours ago, Buce said:

I've got speed
I can fly
I'm a supersonic guy

I don't need pleasure
I don't feel pain
I'd just get up again
I'm making out
I'm all about

I'm the Urban Spaceman
Know what I mean?
I'm the Urban Spaceman
It's a lot of fun

I've never made a boob
I don't exist.

All hail the Bonzos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

**** me dead. How in any world does that qualify as journalism?

Unbelievable Jeff.

In the Leicester Mercury World, where words grow on trees, but grammar is a rare commodity and common sense can only be found on the moon.

• Like 1

Maguire : I would really love to play for team A but don't want to disrespect LCFC so I won't put in a transfer request

LCFC : Thank you for your honesty and if Team A met our valuation of X we will allow you to leave

Maguire : What if a team other than Team A meet the valuation

LCFC : Then moving to them would be disrespectful and you would have to put in a transfer request which would be treated accordingly 

You can probably fill in the blanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Maguire : I would really love to play for team A but don't want to disrespect LCFC so I won't put in a transfer request

LCFC : Thank you for your honesty and if Team A met our valuation of X we will allow you to leave

LCFC : Then moving to them would be disrespectful and you would have to put in a transfer request which would be treated accordingly 

I think that's fair. can't have it everyways.

20 hours ago, Buce said:

I've got speed
I can fly
I'm a supersonic guy

I don't need pleasure
I don't feel pain
I'd just get up again
I'm making out
I'm all about

I'm the Urban Spaceman
Know what I mean?
I'm the Urban Spaceman
It's a lot of fun

I've never made a boob
I don't exist.

Thanks for my song Buce!

1 hour ago, Crinklyfox said:

All hail the Bonzos.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/bonzodogbanned/

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

Thank you. This seems reasonable too me.. :thumbup: