Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

Guest SO1
On 03/07/2019 at 12:19, urban.spaceman said:

So, according to the tabloids and Sky, so far this window:

• Man Utd and Man City are battling it out for Maguire. 
  • Leicester want a world record fee. 
  • Man Utd have definitively bid £40m. 
  • Leicester want at least £65m. 
  • Man City and Leicester City have definitively agreed a fee of £65m.
  • Man Utd have definitively offered £80m and will pay him £350k a week. 
  • Man City have definitively offered £80m and will pay him £280k a week.
  • Leicester want at least £80m.
  • Leicester have definitively already offered Brighton £40m for Dunk. 
  • Leicester have definitively already offered Brighton £40m for Duffy. 
  • Maguire likes an Instagram post then tweets that he didn’t mean it
  • Man Utd and Leicester have definitively agreed a fee of £70m plus add ons and a medical is booked. 
  • Man City have bid £80m again. Definitively. 
  • Leicester have definitively rejected that offer and want £80m minimum. 
  • Maguire’s good luck tweet to the Lionesses is then seen as a coded message about joining Man Utd.
  • Man Utd have definitively offered £70m, which we have rejected. 
  •  Leicester want £90m.
  • Maguire has now told Rudkin and Top he wants to leave. Yesterday. While he’s in Ibiza. 

Half of that is just yesterday. 

And the two things in italics are the only things I can tell have actually definitively happened. 

Everything else is FAKE NEWS. 

It’s almost as if they have something to gain from literally making shit up. ?

I don't understand. The logic of the situation is all right here. Just keep following the script and everything will go according to plan. Have any questions. Read the script.:twitch:

I think if he goes, Maguire will definitely improve Utd's defence no end, and whoever is in there next to him will likely be brought up a notch too. I hope he doesn't go though, I think if he stays here we will end up finishing above United, I genuinely think that we will.

10 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Yeah bit different, different positions, and fairplay AWB is a young prospect, but Maguire is 8 years older than De Ligt and not as good. 

Watched him for a few games and was really unimpressed. Just looked like a young inexperienced defender prone to a mistake but probably got bags of potential. Don't think De Ligt is anywhere near the finished article, a bit like Chilwell.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Who cares.

Mahrez cost us 450k and sold for 65m.

Nobody. I was just joining in on the conversation started by someone else. Who cares about 99% of the stuff on here?

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Watched him for a few games and was really unimpressed. Just looked like a young inexperienced defender prone to a mistake but probably got bags of potential. Don't think De Ligt is anywhere near the finished article, a bit like Chilwell.

Well obviously he ain't the finished article mate he's 19, but he's captaining Ajax to european semis and title wins whilst being an international regular. Not sure how much you've seen of him or what you've been watching but he is far from unimpressive, he's one of the best around already. 

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Youri is a few months older than AWB 

Yes but right backs with masses of ability are a lot rarer than Central mids. Don't get me wrong Youri should in essence be worth more. All I meant is that I expect AWB to cost a lot as he's young, Maguire is not young comparatively yet worth more seemingly than Juve will pay for De Ligt who is 29, its madness. 

32 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Ayoze Perez cost a similar amount to Mo Salah 

Yes but Salah wasn't a 40 goal forward back then and was coming from Italy, plus I'm guessing his wages are are or were at least double what perezs are. 

If we are selling Harry and going to replace him with Dunk or the chap from Burnley, I hope he stays.  If we are to use existing resources to replace him, then personally ( not that that matters at all) all for rinsing OGS and Woody the Woodpecker.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As it stands Wan Bissaka cost more than Youri 

£45m for a right back with 'potential', one good season and a poor performance for England U21s vs £85m for England's first choice CB with 3 good seasons in the Premier League and a goal in the World Cup. Seems we should be asking for more from United.

Man Utd have elite level money but have dropped a rung in elite level status. When Man City, Juventus, Barca and Real compete for the same players then Man Utd are wasting their time as was the case with De Ligt. 

Man Utd want obtainable quality in now and Maguire fits the bill but they know they'll have to bid higher than Man City to get Maguire. I fully expect Maguire to go for about £80m-£85m as they know they'll have to blow Man City out of the water rather than both bids being accepted and Maguire making a choice. 

Guest SO1
5 hours ago, two8two said:

Thanks SO1 great summary of the H situation. 

Don't thank me. Thank the Urban Spaceman :appl: He's the one who did all the work. I don't know how he has the patience to sort out this crap.

Doing the heavy lifting so we don't have to. :)