Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

I reckon he’s gone, or certainly going this week, for what it’s worth.

So, with this in mind, can someone put up a stat comparison for Tarkowski / Maguire, just like the one shown for Dunk / Maguire, earlier in the thread.

thanks in advance 

Edited by FoxinNotts

We're fools if we sell now this close to the deadline and have to scramble around for a replacement. I'm sure we know who we want to replace him, but we're also going to get bent over now needing a CB desperately (if we do indeed sell him).

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Our beef goes back to the early 1990s when we had a fight in a kebab shop after the midlands football media christmas shin dig. Geoff is very particular about his sauces and if he thinks someone is misusing a sauce he gets the right hump. My sauce wasnt good enough apparently, garlic mayo if you must know. He used chilli, 'woah, too hot for me' i said. I spilt my sauce and an almighty brawl started 

Gary Newbon was there as well actually. He went mental, started shouting 'come on then, come on then'. Not sure whether it was at me or geoff but needless to save Newbon was pulled from itv for a short while after.

Couldn't make it up..lol

He goes down most home games, sitting by himself with a wire-in-ear headphone on.

Think he still covers the Sky darts coverage occasionally, now?

-

Have Man United actually made an initial bid after all of this speculation?

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 1

If he is off sick, fine...

If he’s pushing this, he’s a disgrace and I’d sell. After everything the club has been through, everything Top has been through and he is pushing this? Shown a complete lack of respect to the family/the club. And all this time the rags are pushing it and having the tragedy of Vichai brought up again going on about this ‘Gentlemans agreement’. The whole thing is in bad taste and if he’s part of it, whether he is a good player or not, I’d want him gone. 

Of course we aren’t privy to the details, so we won’t know unless something happens/comes out from the club 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I would love it if we secured a deal for our HM replacement, told united we were ready to do business and Man City swooped in and signed him 

I'd love it more if we dont sell him to anyone. Looking a bit doubtful given events of today, although Rodgers did say Maguire had been playing through illness after Scunthorpe game, so possible he is genuinely I'll, but this maybe wishful thinking.

If we sell now it should only be because we have confidence in what we have. Other teams will know we have money so we'll be paying a premium for any replacement. If we are able to cover his absence with the CBs we already have (though I'm not sure how wise this is) perhaps we'd have money for this marquee winger and the additional attacking midfielder that have been rumoured for so long.

21 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I reckon he’s gone, or certainly going this week, for what it’s worth.

So, with this in mind, can someone put up a stat comparison for Tarkowski / Maguire, just like the one shown for Dunk / Maguire, earlier in the thread.

thanks in advance 

You should have a K in between the 

2  " Ns". You seem to get easily tied up!!

:P

43 minutes ago, dan_fox said:

Anyone else not think it’s a little suspicious he’s supposedly called in sick on the day Sky Sports are there?

So here’s a plot twist...

what if we were the ones that told him to stay at home today ‘ because he is sick’?

Maybe we were the ones that didn’t want him to face media scrutiny?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

So here’s a plot twist...

what if we were the ones that told him to stay at home today ‘ because he is sick’?

Maybe we were the ones that didn’t want him to face media scrutiny?

would not surprise me if they wanted to save him from the endless (possibly baseless) speculation surrounding him

Just now, Beliall said:

would not surprise me if they wanted to save him from the endless (possibly baseless) speculation surrounding him

would also save from any embarrassment coming from him saying ‘ he’d be proud’ to play for Man United.

With  him not being there, the media day  focus becomes more about us and our season that Harry and where he’ll be next.

• Like 1

Remember that Instagram post by Harry's sister a couple days ago about going clubbing in Manchester? It was meant to be a girl's night out to celebrate Harry's missus's birthday. She ended up not attending her own birthday party as she was unwell. Probably passed the bug to Harry.

(Stalking WAGs on social media can be useful sometimes!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Mee-9

It would be rather sad if he has phoned in sick to try to force a move.

Rodgers praised him for his professionalism last week. It's dead easy, if Utd want their man, just pay the money. 

Even at £80m it's a steal, you'd make a wedge on shirt sales, plus he'd be around for years at United in their defence. Could even be a possible captain of Man Utd. 

2 minutes ago, brucey said:

Remember that Instagram post by Harry's sister a couple days ago about going clubbing in Manchester? It was meant to be a girl's night out to celebrate Harry's missus's birthday. She ended up not attending her own birthday party as she was unwell. Probably passed the bug to Harry.

(Stalking WAGs on social media can be useful sometimes!)

Was going to post this earlier but thought some would think I was sad, it was Harry’s Mrs birthday and she want home from Manchester to Sheffield because she was ill, almost definitely just passed it onto him

• Like 1