Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sylofox

Maguire to Man Utd / Man City

46 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think we could perhaps have an interesting discussion about symbolism or parallel behaviours, but now's not the time nor the place. I stand by my point but acknowledge yours with respect.

Now, I hear rumours that Maguire has stated that he wants to leave for United because 'it's what my infant child demands'... (and no, I don't mean his agent. Although...)

A child prodigy, talking already

44 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surely Sky have broken some sort of rules during this transfer window. Its almost like external tapping up. 

I've heard bits of the club being fuming with sky over a fair few things, wouldn't be surprised if this is one of them.

9 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I dont think Sky have an influence to force anything between us and Man Utd and arent being purposely sinister, they are just trying to completely milk the most out of this transfer saga as there is fvck all else happening. Reckon they'd ideally want Maguire to sign for Man U on deadline day (rather than now) in order to drag the arse out of this.

This

although the club arent best pleased with Monday’s shenanigans on sky over Harry’s gutache 

50 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think we could perhaps have an interesting discussion about symbolism or parallel behaviours ...

I'm all for symbolism ...   but have never really warmed to parallel behaviours ...   

Here's one of my favourites ...   very useful when you need a piss ..  

images.jpg

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

I might well have been misreading it since the concensus seems to agree with you regarding his behaviour but I just didn't see it.  He wasn't offensive or abusive.  He might have posted crap from twitter but if that's a crime then we'd better lock up half of FT.  I thought he was pretty innocuous.

Whether I'm right or wrong, he didn't deserve what ensued IMO.  I just hate it when we get a pack hunt situation.  What I dislike particularly is the kind of feeding frenzy generated.  People queuing up.   I remember Thraciangate and although what he said (repeatedly) was absolutely unacceptable and wrong, I still felt for the guy when the whole forum turned en masse.  I was just willing him to just pause, think and apologise but it didn't happen. 

I do think that if you visit another club's forum you should tread lightly and be respectful.   Is FT generally welcoming for oppo fans, as you say?  I'm not sure.  I remember a Liverpool fan coming on to wish us luck prior to the Man City game and being hounded out which was totally unwarranted and really embarrassed me again.  Yes, he wanted us to win for his own club's sake but so what?  No different to us wanting West Brom to get a result at Spurs or for Chelsea to beat them at the tail end of 2016.  

The Bear seems well liked here and so does Henrick and rightly so, but we should remember that the latter has also had to put up with a shit load of abuse and has actually taken it all in his stride without stooping to those levels in return.  

Some of the responses to that Man Utd fan have been borderline hysterical, all in response to some very innocuous posts. It's amazing how sensitive and easily-riled some people are.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, murphy said:

Whether I'm right or wrong, he didn't deserve what ensued IMO.  I just hate it when we get a pack hunt situation.  What I dislike particularly is the kind of feeding frenzy generated.  People queuing up.   I remember Thraciangate and although what he said (repeatedly) was absolutely unacceptable and wrong, I still felt for the guy when the whole forum turned en masse.  I was just willing him to just pause, think and apologise but it didn't happen. 

Thracian was called out on here for repeatedly making homophobic comments.

It basically culminated in him suggesting that all gay men wanted to touch young boys. 

He got what he deserved and good riddance.

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

The word 'Sky' is a bit of a clue to the link, and the likely common interests, I would have thought... Perhaps I'm being naive.

A very un-HPF post this. Ennui kicking in hard?

In 2015, Sky plc sold an 80 percent stake in the company to CVC Capital Partners for £600 million, with Sky retaining a 20% stake in the company and agreeing to a long-term licence of the Sky brand. In 2018, CVC and Sky agreed to sell Sky Betting & Gaming to The Stars Group for £3.4 billion.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

In 2015, Sky plc sold an 80 percent stake in the company to CVC Capital Partners for £600 million, with Sky retaining a 20% stake in the company and agreeing to a long-term licence of the Sky brand. In 2018, CVC and Sky agreed to sell Sky Betting & Gaming to The Stars Group for £3.4 billion.

Fake news, Sky definitely own SkyBet, everyone knows that. :whistle:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/man-utd-harry-maguire-transfer-16669260

"Maguire has supposedly joked with friends he needs to agitate as aggressively as Laurent Koscielny has at Arsenal."

How in the F would they know that.

The following lines made me smile:-

Their coach Brendan Rodgers might have different aspirations. Scan through Leicester's strongest XI and at least five players would improve the strongest United side. Leicester, Wolves and Everton should be snapping at United's heels to disturb the top six and Rodgers would be forgiven for squeezing one more year out of Maguire.

Only come next year - if Maguire is still at Leicester and still with three years on his deal - he could be devoid of any desirable suitors. Pep Guardiola might have walked into the Manchester sunset and United could have failed to secure Champions League qualification again. Maguire turns 27 in March and it is maybe now or never

So the journalist makes a comment which gives a huge reason why we don't want to sell and a self-admittance that we have talent equal of Manchester United's. Then completely runs that on it's head to say well it's not gonna last anyway! 

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Ho ho :)

It's all rats in a sack, if you ask me, whoever is selling whatever to whomever. We're still discussing rich people flogging stuff to rich people, all of whom might or might not have cross associations. So yes, I'm highly sceptical.

They'll probably be showing graphics of United line-ups with Maguire in central defence (with one of their subject to completion asterisks naturally).

Sky Sports News are and have been for some time been an irrelevant joke.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

TBF I didn't believe it either. Given the original point must be true, I've just removed Skype from my PC.

Im refusing to look upwards when i go outside!