Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Maddison

20 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Very impressive today, probably MOTM and not just because of his goal. In recent games, he's shown some serious ability in being able to twist and turn his way out of situations where he's been closed down by several players and can either get the ball to someone else, or win us a free kick. His movement on and off the ball has gotten much better, he's still got a great eye for a pass, and his stamina seems to have improved significantly too. And that's now 3 FK goals in his first season which is very impressive even if I feel that all 3 were savable :whistle:.

Today he outshone Youri Tielemans which is some going. There is no doubt that he has improved considerably since Tielemans signed and has arguably been the player to improve the most since Rodgers took over. Brendan's 4141 system means that he and TIelemans can get much further up the pitch to support Vardy and both are now our most creative outlets.

Starting to live up to the hype! I can genuinely say I don't think there is another English player quite like him. If his name was J'ames Maddinho you'd believe it.

He’s also looked a lot fitter and more commanding too. Great to see him acting as a leader. He and Tielmans very vocal in the middle now, which I think is helping a lot. We’d been missing that “midfield general” and now we have two. 

Also if one is quieter, the other has picked up, creating space for the other, who can then step up. Great to see!!

• Like 2

He's going to be a very special player. The last 2 games he's been exceptional. Crazy workrate. I now know what all the hypes about. Seeing him play for Aberdeen I would of never guessed that he had this potential. The "English Coutinho". Keep working hard James. The sky's the limit.

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Wheres that thread where he was getting tons of hate despite having a good first season in the prem

Think it got locked didn't it?

Wasn't it a load of people moaning about his insta posts or something?

13 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Thought he was fantastic, and has been for a good few games. Making lots of tackles as well. Much higher press suits pretty much all of our players.

Definitely agree, you see him getting stuck in a lot more now, even if he mistimes the tackle or even makes a cynical one. I feel like Puel tried to get Maddison to play that way too but never really pulled it off, whereas it's very evident since BR took over. When Man City play, you see players like Bernado and David Silva apply the high press even if they are poor tacklers. Defending as a team is very important!

10 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

He’s also looked a lot fitter and more commanding too. Great to see him acting as a leader. He and Tielmans very vocal in the middle now, which I think is helping a lot. We’d been missing that “midfield general” and now we have two. 

Also if one is quieter, the other has picked up, creating space for the other, who can then step up. Great to see!!

Another very good point. How good is it to have TWO players like that? Teams can try to keep one of them quiet but there it's so much harder to keep them both silent. I feel like both remind me of Rakitic and Modric for Croatia. Rakitic is the one that is more of a "keep the game ticking over" type of player with Modric being the "killer pass in the final third" type of a guy. But as we saw in the World Cup in some games, Rakitic was more important and in some games it was Modric depending on how the game panned out. It's a solid base we can really build upon, especially with Ndidi (who was again very good) behind them. For us I see Tielemans as more of the Rakitic type of player, and Maddison as the Modric. But to be fair, they often swap roles for us during the match! Maddison came quite deep to collect the ball at times today.

Edited by StriderHiryu

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

His best game since October time.

Don't think he's had a particularly good season but Rodgers will make him better, next season could be his massive breakthrough.

For his first season in the league and the club? Created the most chances in the league. Double figures for goal contributions. I fail to see how that isn't a good season. Not to say he isn't capable of even more though.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

His best game since October time.

Don't think he's had a particularly good season but Rodgers will make him better, next season could be his massive breakthrough.

A uturn of dramatic proportions even for you

I bet you hated writing this eh?

:D

13 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

For his first season in the league and the club? Created the most chances in the league. Double figures for goal contributions. I fail to see how that isn't a good season. Not to say he isn't capable of even more though.

:nono:

His overall performances from October to February were nothing to rave about.

Those that say he was good during that period are deluded.

Rodgers has already made him look better in recent weeks, if he can work on his end product then next season he could easily turn out to be our best player.

• Haha 1

So much more still to come from him as well. The addition of Tielemans again means teams don't just have to mark out the one creative player. It creates space for both of them to exploit and winning it further up the pitch gives him and Vardy more space. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

:nono:

His overall performances from October to February were nothing to rave about.

Those that say he was good during that period are deluded.

Rodgers has already made him look better in recent weeks, if he can work on his end product then next season he could easily turn out to be our best player.

Love the classic foxestalk "Anyone who see's things differently to me is deluded". He's definitely been patchy as has the team but personally I expected a season like that given we are basically an u23s outfit with a few ringers. He's exceeded my expectations from when we signed him to now.

Young players need time to develop and he is developing nicely.

it also helps having a guy like Tielemans next to him rather then Mendy and Ndidi. It makes opposition midfielders think twice about double marking and essentially creates a one on one situation which aids a creative player. 

However, when his form dips again, I am sure haters will be out in force again. It’s just the way of the modern football fan.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxymcoxy said:

Love the classic foxestalk "Anyone who see's things differently to me is deluded". He's definitely been patchy as has the team but personally I expected a season like that given we are basically an u23s outfit with a few ringers. He's exceeded my expectations from when we signed him to now.

I'm not sure what people expect of our players.

A young lad in his first season in the top flight who has scored more goals from direct free kicks in the PL since Coutinho  a few years a go and created more chances than anyone in the top five leagues in Europe this season and all for a mid table side in the world's best league who have been pretty drab for large parts of this season.