Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Maddison

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

But they aren't world beaters based on us beating 5 of the crappiest most out of form teams int he league. 

You're the one using the term "world beaters" not me. 

All I said is that nine of our first XI would probably get a game in at least one of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd. 

17 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You're the one using the term "world beaters" not me. 

All I said is that nine of our first XI would probably get a game in at least one of Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd. 

Because that's what someone else said FFS and that's what I'm responding to, which you've jumped in on. 

• Haha 1

Moving this back to Maddison;

He's been playing brilliantly lately, long may that continue. With this team, when he's playing well and feeling confident, we seem to play much better as a team. 

Hopefully his link up with Tielemans can bring the pair of them on in their development.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He has attacking support from a CM that can pass for starters. Rather than him and Vards ploughing on alone up top, him and Tielemans are always supporting now and it's far harder to mark him out of the game. Also, the press is winning the ball higher and it's giving him time and space to find Vardy, rather than us having 50/60m to goal, it's often 30m to goal when he gets the ball and the opposition aren't set in position. 

All true. I also think personal circumstances may have improved too, and passage of time may also be relevant - after his initial impact, opposition got wise, and the fact he's got better and found a way to be a bigger threat is testament to his talent and determination. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Why do so many people have to relate everything to Puel being a sh1t manager. He's brought and set us up with an immensely talented young squad and navigated us through an extremely tough period in the club's history. Yes he failed to get the best out of them but just leave it at that; no need to continually chuck shit at him

This sums up my thoughts from earlier perfectly! :appl:

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rachhere said:

Glad to see that people are on his side again, it was getting quite personal for a minute. On another note my FIL was commenting during MOTD on Saturday that he seemed like a 'nice well rounded guy'. Considering my FIL makes it his personal mission to comment negatively on anything I am interested in, that's quite an impression he made!

It's one of my thicker days, I had to Google FIL.

Urban Dictionary:  Fake Internet Lesbian

Oxford English Dictionary:  Father-In-Law

Thank you for specifying "he" so I can be quite sure which you meant.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, KingsX said:

It's one of my thicker days, I had to Google FIL.

Urban Dictionary:  Fake Internet Lesbian

Oxford English Dictionary:  Father-In-Law

Thank you for specifying "he" so I can be quite sure which you meant.

I can see the confusion... it was quite ambiguous otherwise.

• Haha 1

So let me get this straight. A Sky Sports show about football calling itself Soccer TV. Sounds disrespectful. For some reason I get a bad taste in my mouth saying it. Because its not.

On 09/04/2019 at 17:28, UPinCarolina said:

I've stated before that I believe that Puel's tenure would be properly judged by the success or failure of whoever came after him and the foundations he laid, and I stand by that position still.

What a lot of nonsense!

If I get this right you are saying that, if Rodgers goes on to great things with Leicester, it will down to Puel, (despite the fact that we were dropping down the league like a stone towards the latter days of Puel’s tenure)?

Does the managerial ability of the current manager not matter then?

:D

Amazingly, you’ve got 5 likes for this post.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SO1 said:

So let me get this straight. A Sky Sports show about football calling itself Soccer TV. Sounds disrespectful. For some reason I get a bad taste in my mouth saying it. Because its not.

To be fair, Soccer AM has been going since long before most Yanks even discovered what "soccer" is. :ph34r:

16 hours ago, SO1 said:

Never thought of that before but good point. 

39 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've a feeling he is going to be obscene next season, can picture him being PFA Young Player of The Year.

He's got plenty of competition from his own teammates for just our club's YPOTY, much less the PFA one.

Reckon Youri will win it next year though :ph34r: