Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Eden De Bruyne

Buy In Belgium

Have we signed anyone direct from the Belgian league before? I'm thinking Wasilewski but he was a free agent.

Edited by Tuna

25 minutes ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

People here seem surprised by the level of players like Tielemans and Ndidi. But every year there are players of that level playing in Belgium. We deliver better players than the Netherlands the last 10 years and we are 10 times cheaper than the Netherlands.

Tielemans level: Yari Verschaeren (17, AM, Anderlecht), Zinho Vanheusden (19, CB, Standard De Liège (on loan from Inter Milan, can leave there)). Both are giants, and Leicester is a perfect next step for both. But maybe Verschaeren needs one more year in Anderlecht to show he can still do it when every opponent puts a player on him. And Vanheusden has big competition in Maguire and Söyüncü, but I think he will be in the team, he is extremely good.

If Leicester doesn't consider those 2 players, they don't scout well enough. Just a tip guys :cool:

You’re not wrong! Around the same time we brought Ndidi we were also linked with Leon Bailey who has gone on to be excellent at Leverkusen. Most of the Belgian players in the league are among the best for their clubs and it was no surprise to see Belgium finish 3rd in the World Cup. 

Are there any up and coming wingers or target men that you rate? Those are the two squad positions that we could do with improving. 

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

You’re not wrong! Around the same time we brought Ndidi we were also linked with Leon Bailey who has gone on to be excellent at Leverkusen. Most of the Belgian players in the league are among the best for their clubs and it was no surprise to see Belgium finish 3rd in the World Cup. 

Are there any up and coming wingers or target men that you rate? Those are the two squad positions that we could do with improving. 

If you want pure wingers, Leandro Trossard (24, LW, Genk) is the best in Belgium. Junior Edmilson (24, LW, Al Duhail) is playing in Qatar now, which is a shame. Because he was the best winger in Belgium. Target men are not good enough I think at the moment. Osimhen (20) maybe in the future, but the step Charleroi-Leicester is too big. Wesley (22, Club Bruges) is good enough for a better team, but he doesn't score enough.

C

1 hour ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

People here seem surprised by the level of players like Tielemans and Ndidi. But every year there are players of that level playing in Belgium. We deliver better players than the Netherlands the last 10 years and we are 10 times cheaper than the Netherlands.

Tielemans level: Yari Verschaeren (17, AM, Anderlecht), Zinho Vanheusden (19, CB, Standard De Liège (on loan from Inter Milan, can leave there)). Both are giants, and Leicester is a perfect next step for both. But maybe Verschaeren needs one more year in Anderlecht to show he can still do it when every opponent puts a player on him. And Vanheusden has big competition in Maguire and Söyüncü, but I think he will be in the team, he is extremely good.

If Leicester doesn't consider those 2 players, they don't scout well enough. Just a tip guys :cool:

Cheers for posting this, both these players sound great for the way our club is going, also like the sound of Trossard. If we could get a couple of these lads in maybe that might sway Tielemans to stay at City....

The future is looking good down the KP... 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

no need of left winger i guess but this kid is 19 and he plays for Gent

He has a lot of potential, but I don't think he's ready for the PL yet. Needs a year or 2 in Gent.

12 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

C

Cheers for posting this, both these players sound great for the way our club is going, also like the sound of Trossard. If we could get a couple of these lads in maybe that might sway Tielemans to stay at City....

Trossard would be a great winger for Leicester. And Genk produces quality all the time. Courtois, De Bruyne, Ndidi, Kalidou Koulibaly, Milinkovic-Savic, Leon Bailey, etc. Even Benteke ;). That team produced more quality the last 7 years than all Dutch teams together. And they sell cheaper than all those teams apart.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Any unknown shit hot left backs?

LB, I would recommend Timothy Castagne. He plays for Atalanta but the team doesn't suit him well, so he plays half of the games now. The PL will suit him better. Definitely a good player for a good PL team.

He is also the first I would select for the Belgian team. Because he plays well at: LB, RB, LM, RM, CB and CDM. His original position is RB. Also a former Genk player.

Edited by Eden De Bruyne
typo

13 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

C

Trossard played a season for us on loan. Best player I ever saw in a OH Leuven shirt!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Potential reason we've invested in OHL, on paper one of the best academies in the country. Gives us the opportunity to better understand the league and identify potential talents for both ourselves and OHL

Need to invest in them a little & get them to the top division first. 

9 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

LB, I would recommend Timothy Castagne. He plays for Atalanta but the team doesn't suit him well, so he plays half of the games now. The PL will suit him better. Definitely a good player for a good PL team.

He is also the first I would select for the Belgian team. Because he plays well at: LB, RB, LM, RM, CB and CDM. His original position is RB. Also a former Genk player.

Funny you should mention him, Rodgers tried to sign him for Celtic last summer. I wasn't aware he was a left back, thought he was a right back.

Forget that, you've explained that haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eden De Bruyne said:

Trossard would be a great winger for Leicester. And Genk produces quality all the time. Courtois, De Bruyne, Ndidi, Kalidou Koulibaly, Milinkovic-Savic, Leon Bailey, etc. Even Benteke ;). That team produced more quality the last 7 years than all Dutch teams together. And they sell cheaper than all those teams apart.

Spent a lot of time working with Belgian colleagues in Genk. Great place. Great people. So let's get him signed!! 

• Like 1