Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Guest MattP

Looking like a total washout this today.

Curran for Denly being touted in The Times - aggressive and may as well, Denly doesn't get runs anyway and we won't need him to bowl now we've got a spinner in Leach who can actually tie down an end. 

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Looking like a total washout this today.

Curran for Denly being touted in The Times - aggressive and may as well, Denly doesn't get runs anyway and we won't need him to bowl now we've got a spinner in Leach who can actually tie down an end. 

I think to some extent we've sadly just got to accept we need to work with what we've got, which is a shitload of good all-rounders all capable of being great Test players on their day, rather than trying to make Test cricketers out of blokes like Denly who clearly aren't up to it and don't even have a defined role in the team as far as I can see. It just needs one or two of said all-rounders to step up and be more willing to dig in at one end while their partner plays more aggressively at the other end.

4 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Makes the Edgbaston defeat even more of a mess. Could be reliant on winning 2 out of the final 2, or even only able to salvage a draw. 

Lets not panic yet eh, it's one day in one test match, might even get this one played yet.  Looks ok tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Lets not panic yet eh, it's one day in one test match, might even get this one played yet.  Looks ok tomorrow. 

Oh yeah, still plenty of time left for a result in this one - particularly given the batting of both sides (minus Smith). Friday and Saturday not looking great for parts too, unfortunately.

Been a while since the rain has had a huge effect on the overall outcome, hasn't it?  

And the Aussies still haven’t played Mitchell Starc yet lol 

Reckon it’s going to be a long couple of years for this England team, but it’s probably needed to prompt a big rebuilding job. The only issue is I don’t think the players coming through are good enough either!

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

He just can't leave it can he, can't resist waving his bat. How many balls hit the stumps? Just leave them until they bowl straight. Sounds simple.

Who's next to have a go?

Sibley or Crawley. I don't think he should be dropped, but he should move down the order some.

Edited by Bobby Hundreds

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Sibley or Crawley. I don't think he should be dropped, but he should move down the order some.

Agreed. He could take Butlers place and do his role if Jos doesn’t get a score in this match. I think Butler needs a rest anyway tbh. 

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Peter Johnson is one of the official scorers at Lord's for the second test

He's the second XI scorer for Leics and a massive lcfc fan

Top bloke too, great honour for him

First XI scorer turned it down as well. Two world class scorers, something the club can be proud of.

• Like 1

Roy, is still the man for the job...but he has got to learn quickly,especially how to leave the ball early...and not to push at the ball.

Thorpy  us going to Need some Quality Time with him...

Australia are getting the ball,to move & talk...Its going to need discipline and patience.Right up to this evening

Whoever batted first today,was always going to first bat & play for the Draw....Then if few wickets down,for tea....Maybe just Maybe

Pick up the Rrate... I Honestly Dont care if before Tea  it hovers between 1.95 to 2.40....Before Lunch 1.6-2.2.  But dont throw away your wicket..

We cant start by trying to Save the Match before either Lunch or tea....