Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

Gooch, & S.Smith had very AVG/poor starts to their test careers,so don't give up so easy on our hopefulls

There is no 3-6 quality batsman "batting" down on the test door.

Archer....had a first quiet bowling 1st innings...slow start to their Test careers

Just like Anderson & a few greats,before and after him...

There can't be any excuse for a collapse,tonight or during the day tomorrow.They don't have to chase this game,plus they don't have to shut up shop..!!!   

Now then 497-8 declared.

We can also throw down the Gauntlet,by holding our own....prepare mentally for the last Test,by each batsman showing they deserve to be called Test-cricketers.

34 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

wouldn’t be surprised if they get to 500 despite being into the proper tail end at 438. and still get a bowl at us tonight. 

not far off tbh. 

how many down by close do we think? 

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Bye Bye Denly, promoted to opener as the fall guy.

2 hours ago, Manini said:

There goes Denly, and his test career. 

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

I agree Denly has probably had his chance 

Let's not forget his half century in the win at Headingley

Been mucked about in terms of batting position and promoted to open to protect Roy

And that was a damn good catch from Wade

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Been mucked about in terms of batting position and promoted to open to protect Roy

I know what you’re saying but I think it’s common consensus that he just isn’t quite at the level that we require. He’s also 34 next year isn’t he? I can’t see what sort of test career he was ever supposed to feasibly put together? Obviously not his fault there were better players whilst he was in his prime, mind. I think it would be wise to look at younger, longer term options and just admit that we might be in a bit of a transitional period for a while. I think people are frustrated at his selection because there doesn’t seem to be any sort of plan with him, he just seems to be there. 

NB: my issue is more with the selectors than Joe himself. He’s had a wonderful FC career, he just seems like he’s been shafted a bit by being thrust in at the wrong time. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

After this series has concluded (most likely that Aussies retain the ashes) i think there needs a serious rethink on team selection and the selectors themselves.

This is a New group of selectors.....!!!

You cant Blame selectors,they are not responsible for the Lack of high talent in the County game....

Plus this squad,was still the best around & had Experience und runs. 98% would have been chosen by the Knowledge hardened cricket fans..

Flights of fancy by Posters and then throwing names into the Pot doesn  cut it....!!!

Just because One has an opinion on selection,doesn  mean any is better or worse...

I would have chosen Curran,but we have seen 2 new bowlers break through in Archer & Leach,and Woakes had earnt his selection...

We had to give Burns a crack,and no I wouldnt have chosen Denley,but bis selection was has good/bad as any..

We had to try Roy....there still might be a nr4 in him...!!

Stokes the hero,hasnt been Good in every game.    Our best batsman & captain,has not had a good series. Bairstow & Butler have misfired,but so

have their middle-order... Steve Smith Maybe be an ass,but hes become a super World class batsman,he being the  Major difference between the 2 teams.

Though I would say,their Bowling attack,no matter who they chose,are more disciplined in line and length  than ours,but that as always been the case..!!!

10 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Correct . It kills me that we change the batting order to accommodate Roy who In a crowded field is possibly the worst test batsman I’ve ever seen ( there, go and score 100 now Jase)

• Like 1