Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

31 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Australia were 225-5, we are 200-5 with one of those batsmen being the night watchmen...it's all good people lollol

They have Steve Smith lol 

As long as we don’t capitulate Im pretty sure we can at least make them bat again which should be enough, then we need to better with the ball in the final test ! Absolute shambles and such a missed opportunity first couple of days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Ours are often good humoured though, what about Bay 13 in Melbourne?, talk about ruthless.

Bay 13 are a bunch of braindead ponces - I walked past it in 2011 singing "get your shit stars off our flag" and got nothing but "sit down pommy bastard" in response.

What a collapse that was, can you imagine a montage of Jason Roy's body positions after getting out - we can't even have picked a batsman with a worse defensive technique.

How we are still in this series is baffling.

7 minutes ago, MattP said:

What a collapse that was, can you imagine a montage of Jason Roy's body positions after getting out - we can't even have picked a batsman with a worse defensive technique.

I was on about this earlier, I can only think of the Stokes innings and possibly the bowling on the first morning of the first test that we have been anything other than absolute dross.

Can you imagine if we do the unthinkable and somehow win the Ashes back, absolute robbery at its finest!

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

Bay 13 are a bunch of braindead ponces - I walked past it in 2011 singing "get your shit stars off our flag" and got nothing but "sit down pommy bastard" in response.

You were lucky...definitely not as raucous as it used to be, too much trouble caused in the past means its had to be policed more, and the result is it's been diluted. 

Edited by purpleronnie

22 minutes ago, MattP said:

I feel such a cvnt for singing Roy's praises and being delighted he was picked for this series.

He's let me down big time.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I feel such a cvnt for singing Roy's praises and being delighted he was picked for this series.

He's let me down big time.

I said the same, we were drunk on World Cup success - a man with his technique never had a chance in the hardest format.

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

I said the same, we were drunk on World Cup success - a man with his technique never had a chance in the hardest format.

Has Burns under or over achieved for you? 

He's stood out as the best of your lower order. He seems to have some scrap in him that a lot of the others are missing. 

But I don't know if he looks good because everyone else has failed. 

Edited by Finnegan

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Has Burns under or over achieved for you? 

He's stood out as the best of your lower order. He seems to have some scrap in him that a lot of the others are missing. 

But I don't know if he looks good because everyone else has failed. 

He's been pretty good in comparison to the others.

Thought he played well today - certainly got a spot at the top of the order for the forseeable future. 

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Away from the Test for a moment, Malinga takes four wickets in four balls (again) in his final T20 International.

I still maintain his action is hugely suspect, but that's some going.

It’s surprising what you can achieve unconstrained by the laws requiring you not to throw the ball - look at Muralitharan for example