Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Since Harvey Barnes came back, are you happy with how he’s played?

21 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Think he was trying too hard to get his first goal but the lad does ooze quality at times on the ball the way he takes on defenders and actually look for who to pass too in a better scoring position unlike some players, but now he’s got his first goal hopefully that will spur him on to be a greedy bastard.

Considering the style of football Rodgers likes to play, theoretically (total football jr.) Barnes fits the mold of an ideal striker pretty well.  Somebody has to do it when Vardy is slowing down enough to be an impact sub rather than a starter, and unless it's Harvey I don't think that guy is on the roster.

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes was a central midfielder, his game has changed beyond recognition in the last 3 years. He has taken to being a winger/forward with fair ease. He has added strength, pace and movement to his game so it wouldn't be surprising to see him develop in to a central striker role. His movement would need to be a lot better though as that's the key thing, MOTD highlight Arnautovic's bizarre movement whilst playing up front and compare it to Vardy you can see why strikers continue to get goals but makeshift players don't. 

Barnes is a huge talent, he seems born to score goals whatever position he plays. It was interesting to see the success he seemed to get from playing wide right on Saturday, I always thought that was the position he was least effective as he isn't rapid but as he is a strong finisher it was more dangerous for him to cut in. I prefer Albrighton on the right but him and Barnes could alternate throughout the game and it will be good to see these final 3 games against better sides. We need one more winger at least in the summer, I was convinced it needed to be a left footed right winger but maybe not?

He often switched wings at West Brom with great success. The worldly he smashed at the start of the season, if you remember, was taken on the right. If he and Chilwell aren't linking up well I'd have no qualms about him on the right. I'd prefer Amartey and Richardo on the right and Chilwell and Barnes on the left, though. I'm still not quite sure what Chilwell's problem is when working with Barnes.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2019 at 10:37, Royston. said:
  On 21/04/2019 at 12:54, justfoxes said:

Think he was trying too hard to get his first goal but the lad does ooze quality at times on the ball the way he takes on defenders and actually look for who to pass too in a better scoring position unlike some players, but now he’s got his first goal hopefully that will spur him on to be a greedy bastard

@Royston. did you Change my post you bugger thought to myself I didn’t post that had to look back on original? :jawdrop:

22 minutes ago, OldBob said:

Nonsense. Both on par. Good at dribbling but need to work on their end product. Problem is that Gray has been at the same level for 3 years now. No progression 

Barnes’ movement and ability to split the defense with a pass far outweighs anything Gray can do in those areas

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Barnes’ movement and ability to split the defense with a pass far outweighs anything Gray can do in those areas

He does look more dangerous and has assisted more goals. But they don't look too different at the moment. Gray has more goals albeit with more minutes on the clock. The main difference is Barnes has nearly reached Gray's level is much less time and seems like he'll improve further.

Why people must compare him to Gray is beyond me. We have a great new player. What's the first thing people choose to do? Call Gray shit. Great. Great.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

It's getting ridiculous these days. The first response to most things, good or bad, is to call Gray shit.

"The US bombs Libya, destroying the UN headquarters and the women and children inside."
Leicester fans: "Christ, if only Gray could learn to shoot that accurately we'd easily be 7th."

"A cure for Cancer is found."
Leicester fans: "Is this kind of persistent hard work that Gray could never understand."

"Barnes scores a hatrick in three consecutive games and is named young player of the year."
Leicester fans: "I feel a real passionate rage that we paid nearly 4 million for Gray and he's never once done this!"

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He does look more dangerous and has assisted more goals. But they don't look too different at the moment. Gray has more goals albeit with more minutes on the clock. The main difference is Barnes has nearly reached Gray's level is much less time and seems like he'll improve further.

Why people must compare him to Gray is beyond me. We have a great new player. What's the first thing people choose to do? Call Gray shit. Great. Great.

in fairness they are slightly different in their styles..

Gray isn’t a bad player, he’s just not kicked on like Barnes has..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Couldn't agree more ?

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

It's getting ridiculous these days. The first response to most things, good or bad, is to call Gray shit.

"The US bombs Libya, destroying the UN headquarters and the women and children inside."
Leicester fans: "Christ, if only Gray could learn to shoot that accurately we'd easily be 7th."

"A cure for Cancer is found."
Leicester fans: "Is this kind of persistent hard work that Gray could never understand."

"Barnes scores a hatrick in three consecutive games and is named young player of the year."
Leicester fans: "I feel a real passionate rage that we paid nearly 4 million for Gray and he's never once done this!"

That's what happens when Kante isn't around to intercept it...

• Haha 2

Yes, happy with his performance. I think he can do much better though if he is given the freedom he was given at West Brom and be allowed to roam around in midfield more rather than having to wait further upfield for the ball to arrive or play on the side with Chilwell who doesnt know how to complement Barnes yet. Barnes is actually a pretty decent CM if you see what he did at West Brom and be allowed to roam forward when he wanted to.

Anyway, very happy with him. I would be gutted if he is forced to play a lesser role next season. Certainly has more potential than Gray, Chiwell and Harry. 

On 25/04/2019 at 16:00, OldBob said:

Nonsense. Both on par. Good at dribbling but need to work on their end product. Problem is that Gray has been at the same level for 3 years now. No progression 

Hopefully Brendan can improve him. He's his type of player