Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Since Harvey Barnes came back, are you happy with how he’s played?

Can't fault Harvey at all - his finishing needs work as mentioned, but otherwise he's injected some much-needed bite into our wing play on the left. When him and Maddison are on song, we're exciting to watch.

56 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Really happy with his play in general. Goals and assists will come in time as we've seen what he can do when he gets going (West Brom).

He is the most exciting player we have in the squad in terms of his directness, which has been a joy to see.

Him and Chilwell seem to have zero connection at the moment though which has been a shame, but that will hopefully develop with time,

I get the impression chilwell is a bit of the bully boy with Barnes and gives him a bit of stick thinking he’s billy big b**ocks now he’s got a few England caps. Once Barnes gets a couple of goals I think he’ll be flying 

• Like 2

Even without end product, he adds a decisiveness and directness to goal we were sorely missing.  Some of his shots that barely beat Championship keepers were never going to get in at this level.  As long as he is not losing confidence, I am happy to have him in there adjusting to it.  Still feel sure he will be a fine PL player, sooner than later.

One measure: fans on other clubs boards’ summer transfer threads mention Maddison with some frequency, and Barnes occasionally (probably more than Tielemans).

3 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

I get the impression chilwell is a bit of the bully boy with Barnes and gives him a bit of stick thinking he’s billy big b**ocks now he’s got a few England caps. Once Barnes gets a couple of goals I think he’ll be flying 

Their social media tells you both personalities are chalk and cheese. So it's no surprise. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm not happy with that photo Sky Sports have of him for the team line-ups.

Harv.JPG.30b276ff55f821ebcacfc2139f9727c4.JPG

Makes him look like a porky 15-year-old ... but they must have got it from the club :dunno:

Happy with him. Just needs to up his numbers of goals and assists and develop his relationship with chilly. With a full pre season and a bit of brendons coaching, he has the ability to be one hell of a player. Think it will help training with Albrighton to see what fitness levels are required to keep progressing. 

Yeah he's well adjusted to this level. He needs a goal or two for his confidence and he needs to get his head up a tad more once he gets in the box but he's very bright. 

I especially like how deceptively strong he is, good luck barging him off the ball, he's a little tank and he likes to try and stay on his feet and use his balance. Maddison could take note. 

I like his little flicks and touches with Maddison and Tielemans. He's a good footballer. 

• Like 2

Guest MattP

He's progressing nicely, already at a higher level than Gray and must have played less than half the games he has. Certainly one to persist with.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Chilwell needs to accept he's a ****ing full back for a reason and Barnes is the much better attacking footballer. Drives me absolutely nuts watching Chilwell. 

He refuses to send Barnes early, carries up the line until Barnes has literally nowhere to go making it look like Barnes has shit movement because he's getting awkwardly run down a dead end. 

He then has to track back and always receives a slow, flat ball when Chilwell remembers he has no right foot and the defender won't let him cross on his left. 

****ing kills momentum. For most of the season Chilwell has nobody in front of him and acres to run in to. He has to adapt. 

I absolutely agree, Chilwell often doesn't pass forward and it is a little frustrating.

14 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I absolutely agree, Chilwell often doesn't pass forward and it is a little frustrating.

There was a moment against Newcastle towards the end of the first half where Barnes was down right in front of me in miles of space waiting to counter and Chilwell had the ball near the corner. All he had to do was clip it up the line. 

He ended up cutting inside and ruining the move. 

Stupid. 

• Like 1

I've been very impressed. Gutted he hasn't scored as his confidence seems to have dipped over the last game or two. Went hiding a bit on Friday night. Far, far more productive and exciting than our other (fit) wingers though and I hope BR keeps playing him. 

42 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

There doesn't seem to be the supportive big brother relationship you'd expect does there? Real shame as he probably needs that arm around the shoulder a bit more 

He's done pretty well I'd say, so I am happy. He's definitely earned his stay in the first team and contributed a lot to our forward game with quite a few assists already. The only thing missing is goals, especially in that Spurs game where he should have bagged at least one. I think he's quite a hit and miss player, but when he's on it, he is an exciting player to watch and contributes a lot to our team. As everyone else says, he's already ahead of Gray for me.

I would expect to see more of a goal scoring contribution from him next season though. Harsh for such a young player, but we need more players who can get on the scoresheet ala Mahrez.

The Chilwell/Barnes combo hasn't worked too well for now. Now Albrighton is back it might be worth giving Barnes a go on the right and see how he gets on. 

Shame he didn't get a goal early, especially the Spurs game as he has lots his way a bit. Certainly in a position where we can just give him the rest of the season with no pressure of losing his starting place. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah he's well adjusted to this level. He needs a goal or two for his confidence and he needs to get his head up a tad more once he gets in the box but he's very bright. 

I especially like how deceptively strong he is, good luck barging him off the ball, he's a little tank and he likes to try and stay on his feet and use his balance. Maddison could take note. 

I like his little flicks and touches with Maddison and Tielemans. He's a good footballer. 

Edited by Clarkey123

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Chilwell needs to accept he's a ****ing full back for a reason and Barnes is the much better attacking footballer. Drives me absolutely nuts watching Chilwell. 

He refuses to send Barnes early, carries up the line until Barnes has literally nowhere to go making it look like Barnes has shit movement because he's getting awkwardly run down a dead end. 

He then has to track back and always receives a slow, flat ball when Chilwell remembers he has no right foot and the defender won't let him cross on his left. 

****ing kills momentum. For most of the season Chilwell has nobody in front of him and acres to run in to. He has to adapt. 

Absolutely bang on