Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

The Shaving/Razors Thread

Whats your shaving routine?

Mine is a lazy clean shave every 4 days or so but anyone got any reccomendations on razors (electric / non electric) to maintain a 1-2 day stubble for a lazy bastard like me?

And before anyone makes the joke, I am talking about face shaving.

Phillips one blade. Got one for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's ace. Leaves a shave like day old stubble. But I get massively lazy when it comes to shaving so sometimes it has to smash off a massive beard and it has no problem. Blades are expensive but they last ages. :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

I hate shaving and only do so when it starts to itch, so about once every ten days.

I shave my head daily though.

So you really do look like Homer Simpson! lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Phillips one blade. Got one for Christmas a couple of years ago and it's ace. Leaves a shave like day old stubble. But I get massively lazy when it comes to shaving so sometimes it has to smash off a massive beard and it has no problem. Blades are expensive but they last ages. :D

I  use one of these both for a 'clean' shave and for a beard set at level 3.

26 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Define ages.

I'm looking to change up my shaving as I've just been buying Gillette cartridges my whole life and they're just ludicrously expensive. 

I shave every other day. Have been considering a foil shaver but have also glanced at the one blade. 

How long does yours last and how often do you use it? 

Last time I was clean shaven was about 5 years ago. 

I'm not that pubic for someone in their 30s. Beard doesn't grow quickly or particularly long, so I'll take a beard trimmer to it every 2-3 weeks. 

Proper scruff, me.

Edited by RoboFox

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Define ages.

I'm looking to change up my shaving as I've just been buying Gillette cartridges my whole life and they're just ludicrously expensive. 

I shave every other day. Have been considering a foil shaver but have also glanced at the one blade. 

How long does yours last and how often do you use it? 

Tbh I think I've only bought one new blade since I got it a couple of years ago. But I only shave probably once every couple of weeks. 

About every 4 weeks I’ll have a clean wet shave, in between that though I’ll use a Phillips electric shaver. 

Quite lazy when it comes to shaving and my mrs always moans about the mess I leave in the sink. The longer I leave it I start getting ingrowing hairs which are painful. 

I shave about once a week.  By then it's usually getting into beard territory, so have to run over with some clippers first & then shave.

I've used all the different razors with all different number of blades.  For Christmas, my missus subscribed me to that Harry's thing, but I don't get on with 5 blades, so I don't use them.  I've gone back to 2-blade disposables.  I think it's more about what cream you use.  I use shit blades but Taylors Shaving cream & a badger brush.  It costs about £12 a tub but it's quality stuff, it lasts forever & blades definitely last longer.

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Phillips one blade. 

Love the first review on google... 

"I'm Chinese, AND I've used them on both my balls and my face. They're terrible for either purpose. For an oriental guy, I'd say my hair isn't even thick, but this razor is not even nearly strong enough to cut my facial hair. As for the pubes, it's not difficult to catch some of the very delicate skin in that general area in the business end of the razor. For me it's absolutely useless.

This should be clearly stated in the product description: FOR WHITE FOLK ONLY, NOT FOR YOUR BALLS."

• Haha 4

beard trimmers once every 1 or 2 weeks. about 3 times a year ill shave it all off and start again in the hope it might encourage some proper growth. but mainly, just trim it down for that permanent homeless guy look

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Love the first review on google... 

"I'm Chinese, AND I've used them on both my balls and my face. They're terrible for either purpose. For an oriental guy, I'd say my hair isn't even thick, but this razor is not even nearly strong enough to cut my facial hair. As for the pubes, it's not difficult to catch some of the very delicate skin in that general area in the business end of the razor. For me it's absolutely useless.

This should be clearly stated in the product description: FOR WHITE FOLK ONLY, NOT FOR YOUR BALLS."

i read the last part in a racist chinese acent

Use the Babyliss Istubble every couple of days to maintain my 1.6mm stubble lol. Wouldn't use anything else tbh cos it's so convenient

Its pretty good for stubble, various settings between 0.4mm and 5mm put it on you're face, move it around for a couple of minutes, and voila minimal effort tidy stubble. Has lasted me a couple of years so far, probably should change the blade idk. Might upgrade to the Super Stubble now actually. 

Guest MattP

Wet shave every other day.

I'm a right gorilla and it's really annoying as I can't be bothered half the time, I have the Homer Simpson thing where I've got a shadow soon as I've done it, if I didn't shave for two weeks I'd look like I'm off to Syria.

Shaved for about 3 years when I was in my teens because I felt like I had to, though I hated every second of it. Then just sort of gave up on it out of boredom or laziness and have had a full beard for about 15 years. I stopped using a trimmer a few years ago as I have absolutely no perception of depth in a mirror so now I just let it grow and get it trimmed when I go to the barbers every 5 months or so. I couldn’t image ever shaving ever again, mainly because I’ve earned my beard and love it, but also because it covers up all my chins. 

A timely thread for me :)

Just got rid of the beard I'd had for 5 years so no more trimming required! 

Used to wet shave my neck about twice a week and use the basic Gillette Fusion blades but will now probably now have to full wet shave every other day so it could become expensive ;)

I always get my blades of e-bay and I'd never pay supermarket/chemist prices as they're a total rip off.

Despise shaving but if I don't I just feel really scruffy.  I have quite sensitive skin too so its a real process.  Maybe when I get older I'll stop caring about my appearance and grow a beard.:D

I am slightly envious when I see a nicely trimmed beard...those awful trendy ones these days look awful though.

Edited by purpleronnie