Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

7 minutes ago, Lcfcwatto said:

Talking of Jamie Vardy, is there anywhere on the forum I can peddle a sale of signed Vardy boots? I won a pair on Friday night at auction. I got a bit carried away in the bidding. Not really a collector. I was gonna either pop them in a perspex box and display them (not sure my wife would approve) or flog them...currently on ebay if anyone is interested or PM me here. I'd sooner sell to a Leicester fan and also local. Never used ebay and not sure I trust it.

So here’s an idea. I take my son for a hydro swim at our local hospice in Luton every Monday. Before his session a young lad with various disabilities emerges. He loves football, and we have a chat every week bless him. He’s an Arsenal fan, but he quite clearly loves our JV. If you want rid of the boots, it would make Max’s day/week/month/year, quite frankly. 

Just putting it out there

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

So here’s an idea. I take my son for a hydro swim at our local hospice in Luton every Monday. Before his session a young lad with various disabilities emerges. He loves football, and we have a chat every week bless him. He’s an Arsenal fan, but he quite clearly loves our JV. If you want rid of the boots, it would make Max’s day/week/month/year, quite frankly. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314959698922?hash=item49550f9bea:g:g84AAOSwr~VlUj8V&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4F7bXo0HU2iQL8el9p7JX2qNcpcwWFR1GyXCYYD3whHVNIURaNin06kNE6RtDy1bwgk4lhc2IrHFJmLZ84sz9gsO8vfvocexXKBviAsqtVNMZhttnJdGWyeklu%2BjQ%2BmQqSPJEhNZ5xA4IUQZkXUlFsL7jWwba3ahSj55fZfQzk0oXEACZNwW6PIXTuM0BcCJPnwGfFHT%2F8heN%2BRVKk30k5u2xC6Mo96W4scjKHCKGu8bU0SkQEK%2Bg61%2BFHF2uu6ukRJRQZDBI303gUrL2NZXVKl2Vuwo1870tZ8SEigjBnrM|tkp%3ABk9SR9rT54X7Yg

1 hour ago, Harpenden Fox said:

Feel free to make an offer, they would make a wonderful gift 🎁 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Chelsea vs Man City finished 4-4. Both played one up top. 

1 up top does not mean a flat 4-5-1 in 2023. It's not the isolated, snatch and grab nonsense you'd see from defensive setups of yesteryear. 

Not many teams play with two strikers at all. It's rare. Are there fewer goals in football? Of course not.

The main variation to 1 up top is 3 'forwards' in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. I mean think about it, how many current strike partnerships can you name? There can't be many.

There's nothing wrong with our system, our final ball just isn't there at the moment. We don't play with an attack-minded 8, because the only one we have has been crap so far in Casadei. KDH, for the goals he scores, is actually a terrible passer of the ball. He's an odd footballer in the sense that he scores the goals you'd want from a 10, but you'd never play him in that slot because of his passing and vision. We lack that vision and ability to thread a pass. It's our missing part. Meanwhile, to say our wingers have blown hot and cold would be being generous.

Didn't see Haaland complaining last year about his lack of a strike partner when he broke all those records anyway. The game has moved on since Crouch & Defoe, Heskey & Owen and Quinn & Phillips. 

About time we put this dated opinion to bed once and for all.

Why does this post have so many likes? Man City played against Chelsea with Julian alvarez playing behind Haaland. Athletico madrid play with Morata and Griezmann up top, Real Madrid play with two up top, Inter milan play with two up top, Juventus play with two up top, Liverpool play with Gakpo behind Darwin Nunez. Arguably all the best teams in the world apart from Barcelona and Bayern Munich are playing with two strikers currently.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Chelsea vs Man City finished 4-4. Both played one up top. 

1 up top does not mean a flat 4-5-1 in 2023. It's not the isolated, snatch and grab nonsense you'd see from defensive setups of yesteryear. 

Not many teams play with two strikers at all. It's rare. Are there fewer goals in football? Of course not.

The main variation to 1 up top is 3 'forwards' in a 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. I mean think about it, how many current strike partnerships can you name? There can't be many.

There's nothing wrong with our system, our final ball just isn't there at the moment. We don't play with an attack-minded 8, because the only one we have has been crap so far in Casadei. KDH, for the goals he scores, is actually a terrible passer of the ball. He's an odd footballer in the sense that he scores the goals you'd want from a 10, but you'd never play him in that slot because of his passing and vision. We lack that vision and ability to thread a pass. It's our missing part. Meanwhile, to say our wingers have blown hot and cold would be being generous.

Didn't see Haaland complaining last year about his lack of a strike partner when he broke all those records anyway. The game has moved on since Crouch & Defoe, Heskey & Owen and Quinn & Phillips. 

About time we put this dated opinion to bed once and for all.

I understand what your saying and it’s right but we’re nothing like any of those teams. One striker does work when you have bags of quality around you, we don’t. 

7 hours ago, honeybradger said:

Why does this post have so many likes? Man City played against Chelsea with Julian alvarez playing behind Haaland. Athletico madrid play with Morata and Griezmann up top, Real Madrid play with two up top, Inter milan play with two up top, Juventus play with two up top, Liverpool play with Gakpo behind Darwin Nunez. Arguably all the best teams in the world apart from Barcelona and Bayern Munich are playing with two strikers currently.

You've literally used the word behind in both of your English examples lol

Then used a couple of exceptions to the obvious rule, all of which in different countries to the game over here, which is irrefutably different. 

2 hours ago, dannythefox said:

I understand what your saying and it’s right but we’re nothing like any of those teams. One striker does work when you have bags of quality around you, we don’t. 

Don't most teams struggle when there isn't much quality in the final third, regardless of formation? Isn't it a positive endorsement for our formation that despite the lack of quality in forward areas, we're still among the division's top scorers?

11 hours ago, Nod.E said:

You've literally used the word behind in both of your English examples lol

Then used a couple of exceptions to the obvious rule, all of which in different countries to the game over here, which is irrefutably different. 

All striker partnerships have one striker playing deeper than the other, it doesn't work when you have two poachers. It doesn't prevent the fact that the two top teams in the league are playing second strikers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueBrett

Really important win. Would have felt like a long time without one otherwise. Such a joy to see Vardy get the goals! Missed a couple but indomitable as always he ends up winning the game for us like he has so many countless times before. The Legend grows! Every time he scores is a moment in history.

On 16/11/2023 at 23:34, Nod.E said:

Don't most teams struggle when there isn't much quality in the final third, regardless of formation? Isn't it a positive endorsement for our formation that despite the lack of quality in forward areas, we're still among the division's top scorers?

Or  could mean poor opposition even athough our manager has said every championship side we have played are good  surely he wont say that on Wednesday when we play Sheff Wed

51 minutes ago, Poco said:

Thought his attitude, after coming on, was the turning point. Really fired up the crowd with that tackle on halfway and didn't let his head drop after a couple of misses.

Yes you could see the whole tempo of the team turn up a notch. Lesser player would have let their heads drop after those misses but if anything he just tried harder to get in those positions. I think if we were a few goals ahead it might have been cannon who replaced Kel but when we need him he can still make the difference. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, lucybro04 said:

Decent win but shame he had to dive for the pen

He threw himself down but it was a foul and a penalty. You have to go down to get the foul when you shouldn’t need to sadly. Nacho realised that first half when one of their defenders should’ve been sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity for pulling him back when he was through 1-on-1, but Nacho carried on so didn’t get the free kick . 

Edited by Sampson

12 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He threw himself down but it was a foul and a penalty. You have to go down to get the foul when you shouldn’t need to sadly. Nacho realised that first half when one of their defenders should’ve been sent off for denying a goal scoring opportunity for pulling him back when he was through 1-on-1, but Nacho carried on so didn’t get the free kick . 

Issue with football,  having to go down for a foul leads to all of this simulation 

• Like 1