Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

22 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

If he puts them away people on here are singing Enzos praised about how we are back. 

To win this league I think 7 wins would be enough before today, win today and I still don’t see that happening we’re miles off  it. 

16 hours ago, jmono84 said:

Arty’s right. Vardy and us fans can’t complain about the tactics today because he had 3 possibly 4 very good chances so todays result was on him.

Enzo does have to account for how pitiful our performance was after they went 1 up.

We've created 1 good chance and Bristol have tried to gift us one. Bristol City had a couple of good chances their own as well as 2 decent pen shouts.

If we're relying on 1 or 2 chances then that is absolutely a tactical issue, especially when we're giving the opposition the same chances.

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We've created 1 good chance and Bristol have tried to gift us one. Bristol City had a couple of good chances their own as well as 2 decent pen shouts.

If we're relying on 1 or 2 chances then that is absolutely a tactical issue, especially when we're giving the opposition the same chances.

Not sticking up for the tactics at all but just regarding the chances. Not seen them back on tv as I was at the match but they all seemed like sitters.

Screenshot_20240330_110729_FotMob.jpg

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Not sticking up for the tactics at all but just regarding the chances. Not seen them back on tv as I was at the match but they all seemed like sitters.

He had two shots go narrowly wide, but we'd usually expect him to finish. 

One where he flicked to KDH, got the return pass and hit it straight at the keeper. Definite big chance and again one you'd expect Vardy to tuck away. 

Then the most glaring miss of them all - the defensive error he should have smashed into the net but keeper saved it round the post. That's the worst one. 

4 big chances sounds right. Whether they were created by us or gifted, it's a chance. 

• Like 3

The chance  vardy missed yesterday from the mistake them playing out  was the sort of chance we would probably expect daka to miss. Looked like he didn’t want to score it any other time he smashes into the other corner. 

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

The chance  vardy missed yesterday from the mistake them playing out  was the sort of chance we would probably expect daka to miss. Looked like he didn’t want to score it any other time he smashes into the other corner. 

Yeah probably should have buried this one..watching it at the time it felt he had almost too much time.

20240330_120704.thumb.jpg.d2fb034c598bc4b8907c9a09f65a631a.jpg

20240330_120721.thumb.jpg.4710ba43cb537a560cb914ca4ad615cc.jpg

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

Yes, I was at the game as well and came away thinking Vardy should have had a hat trick. The one dragged wide in front of us first half was painful. Keeper had no chance.

• Like 1

Vardy chances yesterday:

1. The pass wasn't great, and it flicked the post.

2. He made the flick round to KDH. 

3. He missed an absolute sitter when keeper made a great save. 

The guy had a bad day in the office. He looks more of a threat than anyone else. Daka always snatches. Kels has checked out, with contract ending. Doesn't want an injury. Cannon ain't going to get a sniff in the latter stages of the season. 

1 hour ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Yeah probably should have buried this one..watching it at the time it felt he had almost too much time.

20240330_120704.thumb.jpg.d2fb034c598bc4b8907c9a09f65a631a.jpg

20240330_120721.thumb.jpg.4710ba43cb537a560cb914ca4ad615cc.jpg

Crazy. Out of all the players we have he is the one you would think would score something like this. Even when he did shoot I thought he would have gone for the other corner where the keeper was moving from 

Vardy can be a great finisher but he also has periods where it can be shit. Really poor efforts yesterday. 

Probably preoccupied with goading home fans, like he has been all season, already planning hows he going to shithouse before the goal is scored. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 1

Guest leatherhead32
18 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Haven't we known since just before pre cocid that vards needs replacing with a quality striker.

I'm sure we have been saying it for years now!

he's that good that we keep putting it off but take your point, always said harvey barnes would n could play down middle at later time , on ere at some pt, not an hour after hes just saved newcastle . honest. but yes H weve known for ages nacho daka etc not consistent maybe cannon ? time will tell but its all about next month now so have to try get up with what we have 

I bet he wishes he had half the finishing ability of Kevin Phillips. Mixed with that Stocksbridge spunk he would have bagged 30 or 40 a season like Kane 

Not many prem strikers are afforded the chance of playing almost 90 mins per game 

Problem is he shouldn’t be playing minutes ever, give him 60 mins and take him off or bring him on for 25/30 minutes. 

Playing him after 60 mins just shows his age, we should be protecting him. Always think he looks better when coming on as a sub in 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Problem is he shouldn’t be playing minutes ever, give him 60 mins and take him off or bring him on for 25/30 minutes. 

Playing him after 60 mins just shows his age, we should be protecting him. Always think he looks better when coming on as a sub in 2nd half. 

Trouble is he is still our best striker.

• Like 2

Guest leatherhead32
3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

We owe him so much.

the mans a god , other clubs  old fans go on about players from yesteryear to youngsters, i'm a senior citizen believe me hes our best ever , you and this old git ( me) are privileged to have this fella at our club he's one of our own. so what if he was born in Sheffield , youl av to make do with the human league. hes ours. :trumpet: