Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

If he ever fails to drag us out of the shit he's written off 

Exactly this…

Don’t people realise that other, younger players have come into the side and had their chance, yet Vardy is STILL the best we have!

He wouldn’t be playing if any of the others were any better

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Obviously got the winner but missed the penalty and not sure what happened with his Mis-kick? 

Great to see him banging in the goals still.

Seemed to want to lace it in instead of side foot it. Not sure why! 

Jamie Vardy’s Leicester fairy tale is nearing its end – the question is what is next?

Foxes’ greatest signing seems sure to leave at the end of the season but is determined to carry on playing and will not be short of suitors

John Percy 23 April 2024 • 8:00am

As Leicester City close in on an immediate return to the Premier League, the uncomfortable question looms large: is this the end of the fairy tale for Jamie Vardy?

He is the greatest signing in Leicester’s history, a £1 million bargain who has lifted the league title and an FA Cup, claimed a Golden Boot and smashed countless records during a glorious 12-year spell.

Now 37, Vardy has remained the undisputed ‘Goat’ this season and delivered 15 goals to put Leicester in the driving seat for automatic promotion.

Yet this could be the year when the magical story has to finish.

Vardy’s contract expires at the end of the season and, with Leicester facing an uncertain future because of financial restrictions, there are doubts over whether there will be another chapter for their star forward.

Leicester are currently under a transfer embargo from the Football League and facing sanctions next season for breaching the Premier League’s profitability and sustainability rules.

With Leicester under pressure to raise money before June 30 to avoid further punishments next year, Vardy’s lucrative contract and his age means that ruthless decisions will have to be taken.

Wilfred Ndidi, Kelechi Iheanacho, Marc Albrighton and Dennis Praet are in a similar position, and unlikely to remain at the club beyond the summer.

Vardy’s situation is clearly a very sensitive one, and Leicester will be determined to handle it with extreme care.

The league leaders face Southampton at the King Power Stadium on Tuesday night, and the prospect of this being Vardy’s penultimate appearance in front of the home fans is very real.

Vardy has no plans to retire, and has cleverly adapted his game and training method to prolong what has been an outstanding career.

A few years ago he had a cryotherapy chamber installed at his home to help aid recovery. He continues to do all the right things off the field and, in his mind, the end is nowhere near.

Major League Soccer could be an attractive option for the former Fleetwood Town striker, who first rose to prominence on the gnarled terrains of non-league football.

With his goals record this season still impressive, there could also be clubs in England’s top two divisions who consider him as a potential signing.

Earlier this year, Vardy said: “Thirty-seven is just a number. You’re as young as you feel.

“Football’s a demanding game, it has to be like that, and you just make sure you recover right and get ready for the next game.

“I look after myself, keep myself fit, so I’ll keep going for as long as possible

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Surely we could give him a year on a smaller contract. We'd be mad not to. His goal to game ratio is still superb and could be vital in the last 30 mins of games next season. 

New Director of Football role :whistle:

37 minutes ago, ousefox said:

Surely we could give him a year on a smaller contract. We'd be mad not to. His goal to game ratio is still superb and could be vital in the last 30 mins of games next season. 

Probably wants one last payday? Will be some club that’ll pay him a fortune.. cant blame him

£1m fantastic signing. But I'm wondering how much he's earnt here in wages? Some reports that he's been on £140,000 per week the last few years at least. That's £7.28m per year. That's £87.3m over 12 years. 

So maybe £60m? 

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

£1m fantastic signing. But I'm wondering how much he's earnt here in wages? Some reports that he's been on £140,000 per week the last few years at least. That's £7.28m per year. That's £87.3m over 12 years. 

So maybe £60m? 

And could have gone Arsenal and earned even more. 

I'm grateful for the time he’s been here worth every penny and I’ll savour the limited time he has here. 🐐

Issue is, even on a ‘big’ pay cut he’ll still likely be on £50k a week or more. Can we really afford to pay that for a player who might be able to give us half an hour here and there?

I would love to have him for one more year but I think the sensible business decision would be for him to move on sadly.

17 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

15th in the all-time PL goalscoring charts, PL record for most consecutive games/goals, PL and FA Cup winner with Leicester. I think we'd probably have paid whatever that number is multiple times over to earn that kind of success

13 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

And could have gone Arsenal and earned even more. 

I'm grateful for the time he’s been here worth every penny and I’ll savour the limited time he has here. 🐐

Sorry I think you probably misinterpreted my comment as being critical. 

I'm not at all. Of course he's our GOAT and worth every penny. 

Was simply trying to guesstimate how much his total LCFC earnings must be.  

• Like 1