Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GeorgeTheFox

Jamie Vardy Appreciation

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

It's sad to say despite all the money we've spent on Strikers since Vardy arrived, He's still our best Striker by a mile.

Just shows you how hard it is to find a striker of his quality in this market. Even in the PL, there are probably only a handful of strikers better than him over the past decade. Yes he has regressed but his movement is as good as ever and he will carry on scoring till he loses more pace. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, iancognito said:

Think he probably had more touches than Patson today. Came on like he had a point to prove after Friday.

Which is exactly why I would have started him tbh, it’s always when he is at his best.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Huh? Announcement incoming?

No. Just a bit of preparation.

It's goodbye. He's gone at the end of the season all barring something insane. 

Everyone needs to prepare. It's going to hurt a bit.

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

No. Just a bit of preparation.

It's goodbye. He's gone at the end of the season all barring something insane. 

Everyone needs to prepare. It's going to hurt a bit.

Based on? 

Depends how much he loves the club, he has been rewarded handsomely for his career and probably rich beyond his wildest dreams (certainly as a young man)

If he wants one last swan song and a chance to break 200, he needs to lower his wages accordingly or have it related to some sort of bonus for keeping us up or a set amount of goals. 
After a season in the championship, his stock is probably at an all time low given his age with regards to interest.

Edited by HankMarvin

Can't claim to be "in the know" but I was informed last week by a colleague who is also on the board at Bournemouth FC that their owner has bought a club down in New Zealand (Got home, googled and can verify he has) and that Jamie V is his first signing of note.

Treating it with a pinch of salt whilst trying to find out more but I guess it's not implausible. 

9 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Can't claim to be "in the know" but I was informed last week by a colleague who is also on the board at Bournemouth FC that their owner has bought a club down in New Zealand (Got home, googled and can verify he has) and that Jamie V is his first signing of note.

Treating it with a pinch of salt whilst trying to find out more but I guess it's not implausible. 

I’d be shocked if he was, Auckland FC are a new team, they will join the A League next season and I’d be shocked if they had the sort of money thrown around to compete with teams in the US and the established A League teams for Vardy’s signature.

Their first head coach is though former Leicester player Steve Corica. 

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d be shocked if he was, Auckland FC are a new team, they will join the A League next season and I’d be shocked if they had the sort of money thrown around to compete with teams in the US and the established A League teams for Vardy’s signature.

I used to love Corica

• Like 1

Makes sense.

What more can he achieve with us, if we win the league it's a nice way to sign off and bring the curtain down on his career as a foxes.

If we stays he's unlike to be first choice and probably doesn't fancy another relegation scrap.

• Like 1

When Vardy and Albrighton finish, very possibly at the end of this season, it will definitely be the end of an era, possibly the best in the clubs history. Part of the heart of the club will be leaving too for good.

It remains to be seen what is left due the well demonstrated incompetence of those in charge. Who knows what playing staff will remain after a potential fire sale. Either way, it seems quite difficult to feel as connected to the club compared to the past few decades, though in fairness, that's probably as much to do with the way football has gone in general in a number of ways. 

I've spoken to a few people who are for the first time considering not renewing their season tickets which is a shame in one way but at the same time, gives an opportunity to others, I'm sure they'd be snapped up.

I don't think this a usual occurrence because most City fans are by nature used to the incredible ups and downs at it typifies our history. However, this time it feels a bit different somehow? Usually being top of the league, any league, at this time of the season, is a cause for optimism and excitement however, the pending departure of the two aforementioned players coupled with what will be an ongoing mess and uncertainty all over the summer and well beyond into our future, may be a journey too far for some.

Contrary to some opinion, I don't think the true Leicester fanbase is entitled or expecting of too much now. I think they just crave a manager and players who seem accessible and who are prepared to bust a gut, give their best and be loyal to the cause. I think we had all that with Vardy and co but through poor management and oversight at the club it's dying a death. 

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

90% sure Jamie Maclaren is going there, so this doesn’t make sense to me at all. 

Edited by ACF

50 minutes ago, ACF said:

90% sure Jamie Maclaren is going there, so this doesn’t make sense to me at all. 

That would make more sense and if they pay him as a marquee player there’s no way they could get Vardy over there.

The other player I thought they might go after if they want a name, is Winston Reid - no idea if he’s still playing somewhere, but he would be younger than Vardy and from Auckland.