Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Arsenal (H) pre-match

17 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Most interesting thing here is seeing how Rodgers lines up in his first match against one of the big boys. Obviously his record at Celtic doesn’t inspire much confidence in that regard,

Matched Man City both home and away in the Champions League with Celtic, arguably looking the better team too.

Agreed it's a massive step up though, intrigued to see if he attacks or is more conservative.

There's so many gripes with this game that we need rectifying. 

1) they are pony away from home so we can't be generous like we have with so many

2) we are abysmal live on TV, we can't go all season without winning at home in front of the cameras surely?

3) The kick off time changed last minute is disrespectful to the fans yet again 

I don't think I've ever felt this way before Arsenal. I'll be genuinely annoyed if we don't beat these. 

They should genuinely be easier to beat at home than Newcastle or Palace or Burnley, they're not going to park the bus they're going to actually give it a go. 

If our back four doesn't fold in the first ten minutes like a beach chair then we've no excuses. Their defence is so bad Benteke can score against them. No excuses for not starting Barnes, he, Maddison, Vardy and Tielemans should scare the crap out of these. 

They've got no answer for Ndidi harassing the middle of the park either. 

If we play with just Evans and Maguire I can see them finding way too much space. I'd use the same tactics as Wolves and play with three CB's and two wing backs for this.

Kasper

Evans Maguire Soyuncu

Ricardo         Ndidi              Chilwell

Barnes    Tielemans  Maddison

Vardy

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

If we play with just Evans and Maguire I can see them finding way too much space. I'd use the same tactics as Wolves and play with three CB's and two wing backs for this.

Kasper

Evans Maguire Soyuncu

Vardy

I like this. Gray has been ineffective all season, and I suspect Soyncu would provide more assists at CB than Gray at the wing. My brother-in-law will be at the game, and he is a huge Arsenal supporter, and horribly confident. I wouldn't mind seeing him whimper a bit at the end of the match.

35 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Kasper

Evans Maguire Soyuncu

Vardy

Looks good on paper, but i’m skeptical about Maddison being our third furthest forward attacker. 

Mainly because his game is to always drop deep and dictate, which unfortunately leaves Vardy isolated. 

We’ll be feeding off scraps because of this imo, whereas in our usual 4-3-3 i think we’ll be able to create more clear cut opportunities.

Don’t forget Emery likes to rotate and might play 3 at the back, meaning Vardy will be isolated against 3 CB’s. 

2 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

First time in a long time we’ve had a settled formation / system. I wouldn’t change it, consistency is key ! 

I think you have to adapt when playing the top 6. Arsenal may have been poor on the road but they are still a dangerous team who keep the ball better than us.

If we play 4-3-3 that plays right into their hands. Lacazette will be licking his lips once Ozil plays him the ball and he's only got Carthorse Maguire to beat.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We played wing backs vs Arsenal at their gaff and first half we were mustard. I'm not so sure it's particularly required but as they play that way maybe matching them up could nullify them, especially if they go Lacazette and Auba up top.

Aubameyang is a doubt for them as well

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Enough with the live on TV. EVERY MATCH is live on TV in the Prem!!!!!

In the pedantic mind you are correct, otherwise I’m pretty sure you know people refer to being “live on tv” when our game is being covered by SKY or BT, and if you care to look when our games have been covered by these companies our record is abysmal. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

To be the slightest bit pedantic, they aren’t  ......

Well which Leicester Prem match hasn't been?

I've watched every Leicester match - which has therefore been on TV somewhere.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

In the pedantic mind you are correct, otherwise I’m pretty sure you know people refer to being “live on tv” when our game is being covered by SKY or BT, and if you care to look when our games have been covered by these companies our record is abysmal. 

Why would they only mean Sky or BT? What world do they live in?

10 minutes ago, FIF said:

Why would they only mean Sky or BT? What world do they live in?

Because that’s the only way you can legally watch games live on your tv in the uk. 

• Like 2

I’ve had a large bet on Arsenal finishing 3rd for a couple of months.. so I’m slightly torn who I want to win this.

vardy should be bagging against this defence and would be nice to see Barnes get another to build his confidence for next season.

same team that started against hammers but Barnes in for Gray.

the 3 atb as mentioned earlier looks good but not at home.

2-1 foxes