Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Arsenal (H) pre-match

Again missing this o e because of work and again hoping I’ll be left alone for the 90 minutes or so to watch in peace !!

Im going for a home Win after their last few results losing and 7th looks a long way away so hopefully we’ll play without any pressures and the lads can dig out a perfect performance, but I really think we will be taking all 3 points for this game going for a decent result and performance from Brendan’s Foxes so I recon a pretty decent 3-1 win Would love a Vardy hatrick to get him in a golden boot position if not a Vardy hatrick seeing Barnes Tielemans and Vardy on the score sheet !

Then when we beat them we can do a carbon copy of their embarrassing tweet when they beat us champion winning season when ozil thought he was throwing down his fingers like he’s from the hood with the rest of those Cockwombles !! 

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

Be nice to win this but not really the end of the world either if we don't. In cruise control now the last few weeks.

Still though it's the first game for B-Rod against one of the top 6 so interesting how we get on. As depleted as they are gunner be (sorry) Arsenal's second half show in October was probably the most devastating half of football we played all season and if in the mood could take something. Only 1 clean sheet at home since Watford is a worry. We could concede early and hopefully our heads don't drop.

Have Tielemans this time which is a plus. Nachoman looked ready for action in the latter stages at West Ham last weekend. Like the penny seems to have dropped. Sink or swim now. Could be worth a start.

Surely have to win on TV soon. Leave curses to Drake!

My great hope for tomorrow is that we manage to make a substitution without the player coming on or the player being replaced being booed. 

There’s been a great debate about atmosphere on here this week, that would be a small but positive start. 

• Like 3

Difficult balancing act for the players and manager today. How to look interested and play well enough without getting a result which might endanger getting 7th place.

We only won last season because they had a player sent off after around 10 minutes, otherwise our record against them is dismal.

Hard to see Arsenal being as bad again as they have been in the last two matches.

Early start and TV on a Sunday usually means a crap game so dull 1-1 expected.

We have to be clinical and take our chances. I’ve seen a fair bit of Arsenal recently as my g/f’s dad has a season ticket and gives it to me when he can’t make matches. In their game against Napoli, which they won handsomely they gave at least three clear goal scoring chances away. We will get chances, but they can still play tidy and devastating football at times and they need to win and will be hurting after their shite results. 

Hopefully it will be 3:1 to us but good easily be the reverse of that if we’re in beach mode. 

I am sitting quite here miserably that I'm not at the game today. Stupid fixture change.

But Brendan & Co, please do the business.

I actually think it could be a big win today if we're aggressive from the start and in their faces. Vardy could have a field day against their back line if we play it right. come on!

Just to make you all feel better, superstition doesn't exist and records are there to be broken - let me remind you of Mark Lawrenson giving the ultimate analysis from 2015/16, based on nothing but 'what has happened before':

'Leicester won't win the title'

Question - 'But why not?'

'Because they won't, they can't'

I still cannot believe that he has never been challenged on this, it has no basis in reason whatsoever, it's not even an opinion.

Back to the subject, if the players want it, then we will win today.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Crispin LA said:

Oh damn just read that Arsenal have never lost a midday Sunday fixture. Just our luck, I'm hoping for a 1all draw then with Vardy to score. 

Really? I'm still hoping for a win myself.

36 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Might be a bit pushed for time but O'Neill's serves from 10am and it's a really good breakfast

I love O’Neill’s but everywhere seems to be 10 o’clock opening. 

Just had toast and tea at home and about to drive in.