Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just wait until Wor Brucey gets Newcastle out there! 

I think he was making the point that we can get pretty much every game televised without using the Sat 3pm slot. Which I agree with. 

Fri 2000

Sat 1230

Sat 1730

Sat 2000

Sun 1400

Sun 1600

Sun 1800

Mon 2000

You could just have the remaining two games doubled up in two of those slots. Sat 1730 and Sun 1600.

And before someone says "No 3pm kickoff?!! Won't somebody think of the fans!!", well other countries seem to manage perfectly fine with no top flight Sat 3pm games. They could just be saved for League One and below. 

**** that. The majority of fans who go to games will all tell you Saturday 3pm is what it’s all about. 

I don’t want to travel away midweek for the majority of our away games, I want to get pissed on a Saturday and be a tit then feel like shit all of Sunday. 

It’s the little things in life. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Ederson up to his old tricks again last night - knocked Iheanacho out against us and then nearly killed his own teammate last night.

I don’t understand why there’s no outrage about this, that last night was as bad as Schumacher in the 1982 World Cup. It’s even worse that it’s his own player.

When are goalkeepers going to be reprimanded for that sort of thing? It’s embarrassing that they are encouraged to ‘take everything’. To say it’s reckless is an understatement, if an outfield player had done that he’d have been sent off. The fact he got the ball is irrelevant, you can’t steam in like that, it’s dangerous play, it’s excessive force, it fits plenty of the phrases that demand a red card.

Disgraceful.

Didn't he bull hammer Harvey Barnes both home and away too? No penalties, no red card, disgusting.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't he bull hammer Harvey Barnes both home and away too? No penalties, no red card, disgusting.

To me it's as out of control as a two footed lunge. Should be a straight red. He should have been sent off in both our games with Man City. Reckless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

What really gripes me about these PGMOL statements is, it's always something or someone elses fault. There's always something they manage to hide behind.

Bit like the software engineers I use to work with.

It's a bug!

No it isn't there's a mistake in the software you've just written!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

More fixtures confirmed 

Saturday 4 July
12:30 Norwich City v Brighton (BT Sport)
15:00 Leicester City v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
15:00 Man Utd v AFC Bournemouth (BT Sport)
17:30 Wolves v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
20:00 Chelsea v Watford (Sky Sports)

Sunday 5 July
12:00 Burnley v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
14:00 Newcastle v West Ham (Sky Sports)
16:30 Liverpool v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)
19:00 Southampton v Man City (BBC)

Monday 6 July
20:00 Spurs v Everton (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 7 July
18:00 Crystal Palace v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
18:00 Watford v Norwich City (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
20:15 Arsenal v Leicester City (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 8 July
18:00 Man City v Newcastle (BT Sport)
18:00 Sheff Utd v Wolves (Sky Sports)
18:00 West Ham v Burnley (BT Sport)
20:15 Brighton v Liverpool (Sky Sports)

Thursday 9 July
18:00 AFC Bournemouth v Spurs (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)
18:00 Everton v Southampton (Amazon Prime Video)
20:15 Aston Villa v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Saturday 11 July
12:30 Norwich v West Ham (BT Sport)
12:30 Watford v Newcastle (Amazon Prime Video)
15:00 Liverpool v Burnley (BT Sport)
17:30 Sheff Utd v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
20:00 Brighton v Man City (Sky Sports)

Sunday 12 July
12:00 Wolves v Everton (Sky Sports/Sky Pick) 
14:00 Aston Villa v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)
16:30 Spurs v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
19:00 AFC Bournemouth v Leicester City (Sky Sports/Sky Pick) 

Monday 13 July
20:00 Man Utd v Southampton (Sky Sports/Sky Pick)

Home to Palace and away to Bournemouth on freeview then, cant complain with that.

55 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Ederson up to his old tricks again last night - knocked Iheanacho out against us and then nearly killed his own teammate last night.

I don’t understand why there’s no outrage about this, that last night was as bad as Schumacher in the 1982 World Cup. It’s even worse that it’s his own player.

When are goalkeepers going to be reprimanded for that sort of thing? It’s embarrassing that they are encouraged to ‘take everything’. To say it’s reckless is an understatement, if an outfield player had done that he’d have been sent off. The fact he got the ball is irrelevant, you can’t steam in like that, it’s dangerous play, it’s excessive force, it fits plenty of the phrases that demand a red card.

Disgraceful.

Quite right. He absolutely cleaned out Nacho and he was lucky not break his neck. Why are certain keepers allowed to use reckless challenges, and all the Sky 'experts' said was the ball was there to be won, nothing wrong here.

It is ludicrous how two players on the pitch have seemingly got carte blanch to more or less assault opposition players.

19 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Quite right. He absolutely cleaned out Nacho and he was lucky not break his neck. Why are certain keepers allowed to use reckless challenges, and all the Sky 'experts' said was the ball was there to be won, nothing wrong here.

It is ludicrous how two players on the pitch have seemingly got carte blanch to more or less assault opposition players.

Can a player be actually done for dangerous play on his own team mate.

17 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I'm sure the PL and the club have a Duty of Care responsibility.

NGL, pretty disgusting that Timo Werner is binning off RBL in the quarter finals of the CL for the sakes of, what, having a bit more pre-season with Chelsea?

Assuming that's Chelsea's deciding, that's classless in the ****ing extreme. Should sort out a temporary loan or suspend the start of his contract or whatever to allow him to play.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

I'm sure the PL and the club have a Duty of Care responsibility.

But, in reality, the club are not going to reprimand their own player and the only thing the PL can do is tell their ref's to issue a card on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

Disgraceful.

Absolutely battered Iheanacho and took out Barnes at their place too. Goalkeepers are highly protected but Ederson never gets criticised for the other way.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

But, in reality, the club are not going to reprimand their own player and the only thing the PL can do is tell their ref's to issue a card on the pitch.

Well in reality an injury like these would be investigated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or OSHA in any other business.

The problem is the perception of these incidents as being part of the game, something that used to be the case with certain tackles.

I'm sure with the passage of time there will be a realisation that these are unacceptable just like some of the horrendous tackles that were considered acceptable not that long ago.

30 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Can be sent of for Violent Conduct - 

Violent conduct is distinct from serious foul play in that it may be committed by any player, substitute, or substituted player against any person, e.g., teammates, match officials, or spectators

Definition of Violent Conduct (from FA website)

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

I'm not sure if "dangerous play" is actually a thing in the actual Laws

These are red card offences - I guess it is either "serious foul play" or "violent conduct", however Serious Foul Play can only be committed against an opponent. 

• Serious foul play
  • Violent conduct
  • Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a handball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his/her own penalty area)
  • Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a deliberate foul
  • Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • Receiving a second caution in the same match

Listening to 606 discuss the "goal" from Sheff Utd last night, and Lee Hendrie is shouting for a back-up plan for when these things happen.

But there already is one, VAR should've spotted that and should've looked again to see if there was any doubt. The system is in place to identify mistakes in play, questions need to be asked again.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Listening to 606 discuss the "goal" from Sheff Utd last night, and Lee Hendrie is shouting for a back-up plan for when these things happen.

But there already is one, VAR should've spotted that and should've looked again to see if there was any doubt. The system is in place to identify mistakes in play, questions need to be asked again.

I wonder if VAR would have checked it if Manchester United, instead of their direction competition for a Champions League place, had scored that goal. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Can be sent of for Violent Conduct - 

Violent conduct is distinct from serious foul play in that it may be committed by any player, substitute, or substituted player against any person, e.g., teammates, match officials, or spectators

Definition of Violent Conduct (from FA website)

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

I'm not sure if "dangerous play" is actually a thing in the actual Laws

These are red card offences - I guess it is either "serious foul play" or "violent conduct", however Serious Foul Play can only be committed against an opponent. 

• Serious foul play
  • Violent conduct
  • Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a handball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his/her own penalty area)
  • Denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity with a deliberate foul
  • Using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
  • Receiving a second caution in the same match

It’s written like a riddle but it says... when not challenging for the ball, but it really isn’t clear. 

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Absolutely battered Iheanacho and took out Barnes at their place too. Goalkeepers are highly protected but Ederson never gets criticised for the other way.

Most goalkeepers don’t come out like absolute maniacs and just clatter whoever they fancy. Ederson came with a reputation of being a brave goalkeeper, but he’s anything but. 

It’s always Ederson and he always gets away with it. Why wouldn’t he do this when he never gets punished?! 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I wonder if VAR would have checked it if Manchester United, instead of their direction competition for a Champions League place, had scored that goal. 

The cynic of me would suggest a greater check for them rather than the smaller team challenging.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

The cynic of me would suggest a greater check for them rather than the smaller team challenging.

I don't really think it is cynical to believe what you're both saying is true.

I'm 99.9% sure you are both correct with your views on this.