Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

I think one thing the last few days have proved is that, whoever 'we' are, we know absolutely nothing. 

I'm quite sure that nobody, and I mean nobody, has the Chelsea, Leicester and Man United results anywhere close to that on their acca. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Terrible commentator but not sure there are any good ones these days? Tyler, Tyldesley, Drury etc all awful.

They seem to forget that they are paid to commentate. If they stuck to just talking about what was happening and who had the ball, they'd be tolerable but they all think that we want to hear their (biased) opinion and listen to their clichés. That's for the "colour commentators" to do - and I wish we'd ditch them too. 

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

They seem to forget that they are paid to commentate. If they stuck to just talking about what was happening and who had the ball, they'd be tolerable but they all think that we want to hear their (biased) opinion and listen to their clichés. That's for the "colour commentators" to do - and I wish we'd ditch them too. 

I used to really like Alan Parry although that may be because he commentated on our Wembley wins in the 90s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I think we now all know what is coming. Somehow three points will separate us and united going into that final game. And slab head will score the winner.

If 3 points separate us and we Beat sheff utd ,and manutd Nick it by One goal,our slender GD,would still get is through,or they Beat CP/hammers by 5-6 goals...I

For the neutrals..the EOS permatations for Top 6....most exciting & competitive for years.....For those Top 8...Just to be there in the last 3 games...

What a line up...

1   Liverpool 35 49 93
2   Man City 35 57 72
3   Chelsea 35 14 60
4   Leicester 35 29 59

5   Man Utd 35 26 59

6   Wolves 35 11 55
7   Sheff Utd 35 5 54
8   Tottenham 35 9 52

8 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Put out a video statement. Might suggest he uses his free time to weed and feed that lawn and get an actual border on. Right state. 

Will this clown get a grip. 

People are suffering across the world and this fella is moaning when he is still in a job.

5 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Put out a video statement. Might suggest he uses his free time to weed and feed that lawn and get an actual border on. Right state. 

What a cry baby, he's been lucky enough to be at the top for over 20 years now, he's a walking cliche as a commentator and from the shite he comes out with is one of those that only really studies the big 4.

Full steam ahead......early retirement 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

He's being made Number 2 commentator. I'm baffled as to why he has to make a video on it.

Besides he was never that good. No Brian Moore thats for certain.

As he says, everyone has their opinion on him. My personal opinion is that he's a very good commentator.

His dismay lies with the fact that ITV have demoted his role with out any real reason.

It's not like Sam Matterface has been receiving rave reviews either.

I personally think it's a case of ageism. We'll see what ITV have to say.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

He's being made Number 2 commentator. I'm baffled as to why he has to make a video on it.

Besides he was never that good. No Brian Moore thats for certain.

Such a bizarre video, must have a seriously inflated ego of himself if he thinks a reshuffle of comm's is worthy of that cringe fest.

People are moved on, turfed out, demoted, promoted every single day in the broadcasting industry's yet he seems so shocked.

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 1

Just now, AKCJ said:

He's been their lead commentator for 22 years mate.

If you had a job for 22 years and were one day demoted without being given a reason outside of "we just fancied a reshuffle" then I think you'd be pissed off too.

Do you think that he should have a job for life then?

He's had a great job and great pay for 22 years - many of us would love to have his job - he still has a job and great pay. Surely a private company has the right to choose who is their lead commentator as and when they wish.

37 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Terrible commentator but not sure there are any good ones these days? Tyler, Tyldesley, Drury etc all awful.

Matter of opinions really!!!

I have Never Listened too much to The commentators in football....

Scouse or London bias, has come too much to the Fore in the last 25+ years...

I Don t mind it on the Football panels,but not on a National running commentary....It cheapens the station & channel...

The worse though are the Chairman or woman,on Sky or other Satellite channels.

Though their Match commentators from ex-players,are a Mixed bunch,and some actually improve...

I still like MOTD, we all know their ex-teams,Bit  there is always fair amusing  banter...

Sky ...I like Gillete saturday matchday panel. Even MNF with Neville & Carragher & guest. Unlike some I Enjoy Souness,its not about always agreeing...!!

But Skys Chair People on other PL games are Too much Big 6 bias,Learning towards London clubs...

Its the Marmite syndrome,I suppose....

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

He's had a great job and great pay for 22 years - many of us would love to have his job - he still has a job and great pay. Surely a private company has the right to choose who is their lead commentator as and when they wish.

Of course I don't. I just think he deserves a better excuse than "we just fancied it".

Of course ITV have every right to decide who they want to be their commentator.

I just think Tyldesley has every right to be pissed off with it.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, FIF said:

Personally, I think he's come out with this more to show that he's okay with people suggesting he was ill in some way. Its fair to show disappointment and upset with being replaced for no obvious reason and without being given a definitive reason, rather than anything to do with an ego or feeling he deserved a job for life. 

Edited by UniFox21

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's been their lead commentator for 22 years mate.

If you had a job for 22 years and were one day demoted without being given a reason outside of "we just fancied a reshuffle" then I think you'd be pissed off too.

I'd be a bit annoyed yes but overall I'd have a bit more appreciation of having had one of the best jobs in the world for the best part of 30 years getting to commentate on big games all across Europe and getting to visit countries like Japan, Germany, Brazil and Russia on all expenses paid trips for international tournaments.

Just now, Blue ROI said:

I'd be a bit annoyed yes but overall I'd have a bit more appreciation of having had one of the best jobs in the world for the best part of 30 years getting to commentate on big games all across Europe and getting to visit countries like Japan, Germany, Brazil and Russia on all expenses paid trips for international tournaments.

Have you watched the video he posted?

He acknowledges all of that.