Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 hours ago, lcfcfoz said:

Kasper would of been jumping then I'm sure as would the rest, let's get into them Thursday and kill it before half time

As much as that man u result has put me in a much better mood and restored my blind optimism, there is definitely some lingering resentment.... 

They ****ing need to kill it before half time, before Rodgers gets another chance to "improve our defensive solidity" 🤐🤐🤬🤬🤬

Edited by gw_leics772

8 hours ago, KingsX said:

From Hassenhutl's interview just now

"If you stop doing what we can do ... if you stop being brave, if you stop being on the front foot, if you're not organized, if you're not closing from the front, then you immediately have problems..."

A bit of that for Brendan please, Ralph!

Difference in mindset - a Southampton team comfortably ensconced in mid-table with substantively NOTHING to play for going balls out until the very last whistle against supposedly superior opposition, while we have EVERYTHING to play for and folded like cheap seats versus much inferior opponents. :mad:

Edited by NaijaFox

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Difference in mindset - a Southampton team comfortably ensconced in mid-table with substantively NOTHING to play for going balls out until the very last whistle against supposedly superior opposition, while we have EVERYTHING to play for and folded like cheap seats versus much inferior opponents. :mad:

This is the difference though isn't it? Pressure. It's easy to express yourself when you're under no pressure (like Southampton) but it's a lot harder when the pressure is on and we have handled that pressure really, really poorly.

I agree that we've folded way to easily against crap sides, I just think it's pointless comparing mindset with Southampton as they haven't got themselves into a position to achieve something like we have. Even if we are doing our best to completely undo those achievements.

Our mentality is a big concern.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Didn't even clock this as was too busy watching Lindelof mess up being goalside marking Obafemi.

Seriously, what is Slabhead doing?! 

Grappling his own player lol

He totally left Armstrong and ran under the ball for their first as well

8 hours ago, jim5000 said:

We are effectively in a Champions League play-off, and if we make it to the final, we will face Man Utd

We've not shown up in a big game now since December.

The first half of the season the lads were showing some serious bollocks.

Not sure if it's a lack of confidence or too much confidence but they need to get their arses in gear pronto.

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Cags May have kicked someone, but at least he can mark the correct people haha

I wouldn’t say backing off until Solanke slotted it away for their second was any better to be quite honest. 

• Like 1

Yuno,, despite the disasterous nature of the debacle at Bournemouth, we actually just lost 3 points. ( ok, we also lost pride, impetus, teamspirit and about a thousand other things needed for a succesful team) but we lost 3 points. So did Chelsea. And Man U lost 2. Mebee not the end of the world then???

Just saying.... 

• Like 2

Guest bennytwohats
14 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Yuno,, despite the disasterous nature of the debacle at Bournemouth, we actually just lost 3 points. ( ok, we also lost pride, impetus, teamspirit and about a thousand other things needed for a succesful team) but we lost 3 points. So did Chelsea. And Man U lost 2. Mebee not the end of the world then???

Just saying.... 

I think this is fair. But we also missed an opportunity to give ourselves a bit of breathing ground, which we might well need. All things considered given the result we had we are lucky the other teams didn’t capitalise.

the other things you mentioned now become critical. Do we collapse after a damaging defeat and losing another of our defenders? Or do we take this result as motivation to restore some pride and finish strongly?

Thursday is obviously a huge game for a number of reasons, but I really want to see the mentality we approach the game with. Certainly not all lost yet, but we need to see a good reaction!

23 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Just saying.... 

I think the main thing to take away is that we now play 3 good sides with a decimated defence. No Chilwell or Soyuncu. Previous to the Bournemouth game, the reason we were still picking up points was our defence. Man Utd will absolutely rinse us with their pace should we go into that game with CL to play for. 

3 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

It bodes well for them next season certainly. I thought they would be the surprise package this season but it's looking good for them in 2020-21.