Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't fully get this entire Lampard-love in.  He's done a great job, but minus one key player they're the same team that won the Europa League. In the same year basically 2 of the big 6 turned up for any of the season. 

I’m not a huge fan but this is only his second season in management, integrated young talent into the squad too. Obviously their hand was forced by the transfer ban but he’s showed he’s committed to playing younger players. 

Doesn’t seem like he can organise a defence yet but how many managers get to manage an elite club 2 years into their careers, not many. 

Damn had Norwich held out for a draw at half time I reckon they could have finished the same way leaving chelski with just a point. We're gonna have to go all out and do this the bloody hard way now. Not gonna enjoy watching these games. proper squeaky bum time!

16 hours ago, Paddy. said:

This is the difference though isn't it? Pressure. It's easy to express yourself when you're under no pressure (like Southampton) but it's a lot harder when the pressure is on and we have handled that pressure really, really poorly.

I agree that we've folded way to easily against crap sides, I just think it's pointless comparing mindset with Southampton as they haven't got themselves into a position to achieve something like we have. Even if we are doing our best to completely undo those achievements.

Our mentality is a big concern.

Paddy, that’s one way to look at it, but we have been in a relatively similar mid-table position in the post-title seasons and mentally checked out on holiday early. 

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't fully get this entire Lampard-love in.  He's done a great job, but minus one key player they're the same team that won the Europa League. In the same year basically 2 of the big 6 turned up for any of the season. 

If you put this into our context. It is like Puel being replaced by Jamie Vardy as manager and achieving the same results as before. This forum would love him just as much. Sarri was a weird character that divided their fanbase. Everyone loves Lampard because he is a club legend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’m not a huge fan but this is only his second season in management, integrated young talent into the squad too. Obviously their hand was forced by the transfer ban but he’s showed he’s committed to playing younger players. 

Doesn’t seem like he can organise a defence yet but how many managers get to manage an elite club 2 years into their careers, not many. 

He's done a good job, especially given it's is second season of management. But I just don't buy the level of praise and focus he's getting. 

It is still Chelsea and the quality they possess. It would've been a bigger challenge to have not reached the area of the league they're in than anything else. 

33 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Score predictions for Man City Bournemouth? Could our 9-0 be under threat if Man City get a couple early doors and Bournemouth's heads drop?

They genuinely could beat it, in fact it'd sum this week up for Man City to ruin another thing we achieved this season haha.

Claude removed from AFTV for racist remarks, less than 24 hours after Robbie was defending him. This is the same Robbie who had made documentaries on racism and said a lot of the hate towards AFTV is due to racism. As soon as the sponsors start pulling out he removes Claude from the channel. So racism is ok unless it's costing you coin:dunno:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Chelsea weren't exactly convincing but didn't need to be. Their last 2 games will be much tougher (Liverpool and Wolves). If we somehow win our next two, we'll be two points ahead before their next league game. Clinging on to hope here.

Chelsea have been pretty poor for the last 3 games.

- Against Crystal Palace, they barely held on. I believe Benteke headed a ball off of the post in the dying minutes that would have tied it up.

- They got shelled 3-0 vs Sheffield. 

- If Norwich had a pulse, they would have scored. Chelsea defended quite poorly, but Norwich just refused to mount any sort of attack.

If they stay in this form, they will lose against Liverpool and Wolves. That said, they're fully capable on their day to get a result in either match.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Claude removed from AFTV for racist remarks, less than 24 hours after Robbie was defending him. This is the same Robbie who had made documentaries on racism and said a lot of the hate towards AFTV is due to racism. As soon as the sponsors start pulling out he removes Claude from the channel. So racism is ok unless it's costing you coin:dunno:

‘DVD’ is a racist term directed at Asians referencing the selling of DVDs from market stalls, and it has been heard in football on previous occasions.

lol This is the first I have ever heard of that

Just now, filbertway said:

‘DVD’ is a racist term directed at Asians referencing the selling of DVDs from market stalls, and it has been heard in football on previous occasions.

lol This is the first I have ever heard of that

Think it's a London/Cockney term. It's been sung to him before and a WHU said it in an online video a couple of years ago.

3 hours ago, Md9 said:

Wouldn’t mind wins for Burnley Liverpool and Newcastle tonight 😂

Not sure about Burnley match. I want Wolves to have a good run and fight with Chelsea last match. Fully aware they are only 4 points behind. As long as Wolves and Sheff Utd finish in 6th and 7th behind us and in front of Spurs and Arsenal, I am happy.

57 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think it's a London/Cockney term. It's been sung to him before and a WHU said it in an online video a couple of years ago.

Mmm, to me that's not racist.

However, just being a dickhead to someone in the street and being verbally abusive just because they play for a team that you don't support. Absolute dreg of society, someone that offers no value to this world.

• Like 3