Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd be a bit annoyed yes but overall I'd have a bit more appreciation of having had one of the best jobs in the world for the best part of 30 years getting to commentate on big games all across Europe and getting to visit countries like Japan, Germany, Brazil and Russia on all expenses paid trips for international tournaments.

Just now, AKCJ said:

Have you watched the video he posted?

He acknowledges all of that.

Exactly lol

I think someone has some selective hearing and letting their initial feelings cloud their opinion. 

I don't mind him, there are certainly worse commentators out there - a matter of personal taste, I accept. I think my recollection of his coverage of England games is probably tainted somewhat by Andy Townsend. Maybe they're trying to tap into the lucrative TalkSport demographic with Matterface.

Rob Hawthorne and Bill Leslie are probably my favourite TV commentators, though I can't mentally dissociate the latter from the Championship. A few of the 5 Live ones are good too.

Just now, Guest said:

I don't mind him, there are certainly worse commentators out there - a matter of personal taste, I accept. I think my recollection of his coverage of England games is probably tainted somewhat by Andy Townsend. Maybe they're trying to tap into the lucrative TalkSport demographic with Matterface.

Rob Hawthorne and Bill Leslie are probably my favourite TV commentators, though I can't mentally dissociate the latter from the Championship. A few of the 5 Live ones are good too.

This is how I feel with regards to Darren Fletcher on BT Sport.

I think he's great but he's got that prat Steve McManaman screeching in his ear constantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

This is how I feel with regards to Darren Fletcher on BT Sport.

I think he's great but he's got that prat Steve McManaman screeching in his ear constantly.

And sniffing recently too. I don't think he realises how much he does it after he's spouted all kinds of crap. 

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Put out a video statement. Might suggest he uses his free time to weed and feed that lawn and get an actual border on. Right state. 

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/241-come-on-clive

Richard "Partridge" Keys wades in. Mainly making it all about himself getting fired from Sky as per usual, but it's a good read if you want a laugh. Especially the comment about Drury/Townsend being the "best in the business" lol

Incidentally don't read any of the other shite he writes on there unless you want to end up shouting at your screen. He's a very weird man.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

He's been their lead commentator for 22 years mate.

If you had a job for 22 years and were one day demoted without being given a reason outside of "we just fancied a reshuffle" then I think you'd be pissed off too.

lol so what, 22 years hes had his time, hes not even been sacked either lol. This is genuinely the biggest privileged cry for sympathy and its shame cause I do like Clive 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FIF said:

Do you think that he should have a job for life then?

He's had a great job and great pay for 22 years - many of us would love to have his job - he still has a job and great pay. Surely a private company has the right to choose who is their lead commentator as and when they wish.

They sure do, that’s right and that’s how business works. 

But for Sam Matterface? 

4 hours ago, goody2028 said:

According to twitter Sam Matterface is replacing him. That’s the itv games going on mute. 

I'm all for younger commentators being given a chance but they could've at least chosen someone whose voice has broken.

Yes, he has reason to be upset, but to be honest, how many matches do ITV get to show live anyway these days? Just a handful of England games and major tournaments, isn’t it?

They certainly don’t show any Champions League and Europa League games now - not even highlights - as BT has the monopoly on those competitions.

• Like 1

Had time to think.... . He's still a whiny cry baby who's ego is suffering more than his wage slip. 

No more him and Hoddle drooling over Kane not touching the ball for 90 minutes in an England game.... Bring it on. 

Matterface is no better but at least he has bedding Natalie Sawyer on his resume, that buys him 18 months in the role imo. 

• Haha 1

Never liked Tyldesley but the final nail in the coffin was his episode on Quickly Kevin. Full of his own self importance and by far the most boring episode. Loves the sound of his own voice, although that's perhaps a good thing in that line of work.

19 hours ago, StanSP said:

Didn't even clock this as was too busy watching Lindelof mess up being goalside marking Obafemi.

Seriously, what is Slabhead doing?! 

Grappling his own player lol

Harry Maguire is a blue, is a blue, Harry Maguire is a blue, he hates United!

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thought Chelsea would have scored right now. Keep it up, Norwich.

It's a tougher game now that Norwich know they're going down. They might want to go out with a bang. Whether they've have the quality to at least shine one last time is another matter.

Edited by That_Dude